Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2020, 18:48   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

'Workations' within Karnataka

We are based in BLR and looking for an active thread on workations or homestay visits within Karnataka.

Relevant topics could be:
  1. Road conditions especially as during rainy season.
  2. COVID-19 restrictions/diversions en route or on location.
  3. Must conform to local/state mandated socially distant norms.
  4. Locals should not be totally against non-locals visiting. This has been an issue in many districts.
  5. Must have a reasonably dependable WiFi setup and/or strong 4G network coverage to allow for video-calls/online classes etc.
  6. Ideally with separate cottages or villas so that we can have a patch of 'private' space without crowding.
  7. Can be for weekdays or weekends too.
  8. Reasonably priced and not extort for simple services in the guise of COVID-19.

I know various TBHP-ians have been posting on different threads so thought to bring it all together. This is for KA folks travelling to KA locations only!

Last but not the least, no flaming please because of the purpose of this thread. If you don't want to take the risk, please skip posting here altogether. I am fully aware of what I am proposing.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 21st August 2020 at 15:20. Reason: Edited. Thanks.
itwasntme is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 12:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: 'Workations' within Karnataka

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Ideally with separate cottages or villas so that we can have a patch of 'private' space without crowding.
Would suggest Airbnb for the same. Excellent homes & reasonable pricing. See what we found in Panchgani. We're regulars here. Have used Airbnb for other locations too and there is simply no better way to find holiday homes:
'Workations' within Karnataka-annotation-20200730-115759.png

'Workations' within Karnataka-annotation-20200730-115824.png

'Workations' within Karnataka-annotation-20200730-115910.png
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 12:22   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We are based in BLR and looking for an active thread on staycations or homestay visits within Karnataka.
What a coincidence! Just this morning, me and my wife were talking about staycations and if we should plan one soon. I will be following this thread for all the suggestions!

I remember seeing ads about a couple of staycation options in Coorg but I can't find them now.
Old 31st July 2020, 10:47   #4
BHPian

I apologise for going off-topic here (and for being "that guy"), but I promise, you, this is relevant.

Staycation. To shamlessly borrow from Inigo Montoya's dialogue in "The Princess Bride" - "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Staycation means you stay (and enjoy your vacation time) in your own home without travelling anywhere. It's a portmanteau (combination) of "Stay at home" and "vacation".

Cheers
tilt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 12:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
We are based in BLR and looking for an active thread on staycations or homestay visits within Karnataka.
This is a good topic, I understand with the covid-19 situation people are stuck at home and want to travel and relax at a good place. I wouldn't call it staycation but yes safecation . Me and wifey are fed up with this day to day routine and actually craving for a trip. I have already called up hotels from Manali to Ooty and received only rejection.
If Airbnb or some homestay provide us with a safe stay We do not mind trying things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would suggest Airbnb for the same. Excellent homes & reasonable pricing. See what we found in Panchgani. We're regulars here.
Hey GTO is this place open for business now ? if yes would you be kind enough to share a contact number. The number on google didnt connect.
Old 31st July 2020, 15:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Staycation means you stay (and enjoy your vacation time) in your own home without travelling anywhere. It's a portmanteau (combination) of "Stay at home" and "vacation".
Very droll but I do mean what I say. Don't think past works capture the current situation and/or mood .
Old 31st July 2020, 15:51   #7
BHPian

We have a Workation setup in Nainital & Ranikhet , Uttrakhand.

For Karnataka , Sakleshpur have similar offerings as to what you are looking at. Even, resorts in Kabini are offering drooling prices. Get in touch with Red Earth and negotiate your terms, I am sure in current situation they will be more flexible.

As, you have mentioned about locals not allowing any one from outside their districts , Coorg is one of them. We ourselves were planning to head there for a few weeks, with all meals inclusive in a nice and quite Home stay for 50 K / Monthly , which is an absolute steal for the kind of space which was being offered though later we were informed about tourists being sent back from the borders.

There should be some more relaxations in Karnataka from 1st of August but the fear instilled in people will take more time to get away.
aditbelw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 10:53   #8
BHPian

Slightly far away, but I have a great villa in Pondicherry and would love to have a fellow BHPian stay.
You can look us up Here
clix22 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks