Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 16:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Govt. launches 'Odisha by Road' campaign to woo tourists

The state government of Odisha has launched a new campaign called 'Odisha by Road' to attract tourists.

The aim of the campaign is to revive the state's tourism industry in the post Covid-19 lockdown period. It was launched by the state's tourism minister Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi by flagging off a 25 km bike rally in Bhubaneshwar. 80 superbikes from 9 superbike groups took part in the rally.

The government is promoting road travel as people are less likely to travel by air or train during the pandemic.

The minister stated that the government intends to let tourists from neighbouring states go beyond the temples and beaches and explore other interesting locations like the Chilika lagoon, Bhitarkanika National Park and lesser known sea beaches like Chandipur, Udaypur-Talasari and Dagara. The tourism department has finalised 15 itineraries that include hill stations and tribal hinterlands.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:41   #2
BHPian

Re: Govt. launches 'Odisha by Road' campaign to woo tourists

I recently finished a BLR-Odisha bike trip and boy oh boy. My home state is full of wonders. I have been documenting my chronicles on my Youtube in Odia. Here is a small teaser of what we found.

adityasiera is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

damn, I consider myself well travelled in Orissa, and I don't recognize half the places
Locals - any help?
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
damn, I consider myself well travelled in Orissa, and I don't recognize half the places
Locals - any help?
The Jungle side of Odisha is just waiting to be devoured. Specially the Sambalpur side and the Aska side. Jirang Monastery can be reached through Brahmapur and can be paired with Daringbadi and Gopalpur as well. As for the Satkosia Tiger Reserve, its one beautiful place with some amazing views.

P.S- Not a local
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 11:17   #5
BHPian

How are the roads? I travelled from Bhubaneswar to Rourkela (2 of the largest cities in the state) and there were just potholes on half the route. Absolutely back breaking journey and I wouldn't want to drive through such condition again. It took twice the time it used to take earlier.
Old 2nd December 2020, 14:48   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
I recently finished a BLR-Odisha bike trip and boy oh boy. My home state is full of wonders. I have been documenting my chronicles on my Youtube in Odia. Here is a small teaser of what we found.
Although, could understand all the Oriya, but could figure out most from the expressions!!

NH mostly are fantastic, but overbridges are being constructed at many places.. work progress is slow at some of the places.

Regards,
#KBasu.
basuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:49   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
How are the roads? I travelled from Bhubaneswar to Rourkela (2 of the largest cities in the state) and there were just potholes on half the route. Absolutely back breaking journey and I wouldn't want to drive through such condition again. It took twice the time it used to take earlier.
True. NH55 stretch that connects Cuttack-Angul is one of the worst highways in the state (probably the country too) and must be avoided at all costs. State highways are usually much better and preferred over the NH55 route. However, expect a lot of speed breakers.

Currently, most cars prefer the Bhubaneshwar-Athagarh-Angul route for any trip towards west Odisha.

Most Viewed