Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2020, 14:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Honeymoon in this Corona-World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
@apache_aayush : Congratulations! Hope you have recovered well and doing good now.
Congratulations to you as well. yes fully recovered and i hope you are doing well. All the best for your future
apache_aayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 15:41   #32

Hi,

Firstly, Congratulations and welcome to the married club.

Me and my wife did Goa in the last week of November 2020 and below are my suggestions-

1) The happening place of Goa is the North Goa. Anything near Sinq, Calangute, Baga, Anjuna beaches are the "Touristy/happening" places.
2) We staid at -
It's an Airbnb stay in an apartment. Cleaned every alternate day and is pretty hygienic. You can find more details on the link https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/17506...sts=1&adults=1. Also, this place is very close to all the major attractions. Was safe and clean.
3) The caretaker of the place will arrange bikes/cars for you to roam around goa. We took activa (350 rs per day is what they charge you)
4) Places to visit -
  • Brittos shack for evening snacks and sunset
  • Fat fish for lunch (goan thali) or dinner
  • Florentine for caffreal chicken
  • Cremuex for breakfast
  • Old quarters (Very scenic road, it's a 10 min walk, has really good latin style cafe too inside it)
  • Touristy stuff on the beach (Banana rides, Parasailing, Jet ski, etc)
  • Scuba diving ( We did it from https://divegoa.com/ , they are a bit costly compared to other places but you are happy at the end of the day)
  • You can do a sailing course or guided sailing at Hyatt from the Aquasail 360 which is located on the property of Grand Hyatt, Goa. You can even do sea kayaking.
  • You have churches to visit incase you are interested in the architecture and visiting churches (were closed during our visit due to the covid thing) Basilica of Bom jesus and Panjim Church
  • Visit the Divar island via the free ferries (Free for bikes and pedestrians, 10 rs for cars) It's a very beautiful laid back place to see how beautiful the Goan houses are.
  • South goa - (Can go to south goa by hiring a car for a day and cover the below places)
  • Visit the Cabo de rama fort in south goa. (Ensure you walk till the Lazy view point and the Adventure view point)
  • Kakolem beach (Beach with a waterfall in the background) Suggest to go here by 5 PM and stay till 7.30 PM. There is one shack here which serves food and beverages. Kakolem and Cabo de rama are close to each other.
  • Go for a lunch buffet in Taj Aguada in the Kokum Kitchen
  • Visit the Aguada fort (tickets to be bought online on https://asi.payumoney.com/quick/ufa ) While at Aguada fort, walk/trek to the Devils finger

This is what i have done in my recent trip and had fun doing all of them. I was there for 9 days.
MJ144 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 19:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:

1) Which Area to Stay?
Please avoid Baga/Calangute, Its filled with family crowd. If you want less crowded areas then best would be Morjim/Vagator/Anjuna/Arpora Look at AirBNB or Booking.com

2) Which Property to Stay?

Look no further than W Goa or Taj Candolim if you want 5 star stay.

3) How to commute in GOA?

Rented Activa is the best option looking at the parking scene.

4) Not to miss Restaurants?

The depends on what you like to eat. But for Sunsets there is Anteras in Vagator, then La Plage in Morjim, Anand Seafood for thali, FAT FISH on Arpora Road.

Artjuna/Baba Aurhum for breakfast. Do check on ZOMATO once in GOA for new places or recommended ones.

Please avoid Brittos, just a hyped place which has lost its charm.

5) Sea Excursions?

No idea on this.

6) Must visit places for Honeymooners

Chapora Fort, Purple Martini for Sundowners, Thalasa for Sunsets drinks

Thank You for going through my story and queries. Looking forward to your suggestions.
Congratulations mate.

Please find my answers in line.

Last edited by KaandBaaz : 7th December 2020 at 19:03.
KaandBaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 01:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul258 View Post
Congratulations to both of you. I've too had a similar journey for 5 long years and will be celebrating our first anniversary on Dec 26 . Wishing you a wonderful life.
Thank You. Guess 26th December is the day of lucky doves Wishing you many happier decades together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm27 View Post
AMG1,
My man it was exceptionally heartening to read about your story. It said with reason, love eventually prevails. I for sure am smiling after reading your post.

My heartiest congratulations to you country cousin [Im from Bareilly] and I wish you and your lady love a very happy married life together.

God bless

Ps. First trip together, a decade of distance in the past, honeymoon as well... My advice would be to choose one of the nice resorts that suit your budget and just take it easy. Check out goa on your next trip there.

Pps. Stay safe brother and hope you are fully recovered.
Thank You for your kind wishes and generous words. Good to know we share the same region!- Time for a nice BHP meet someday then
Yes, I am doing well now and taking the utmost precautions. Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Try this in Goa. They are currently open with all precautions.

https://www.thecapegoa.com/

https://Youtu.be/el-ldGXrF5A
The resort looks extremely nice. Thank You

Had a long conversation with the manager there and ultimately decided to drop it for this time due to the resort being South of Goa. Will be definitely visiting on my next vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
1) Which Area to Stay?
- North Goa is where the action is. Any 3/4/5 star rated property around Calangute/Baga beach would do just fine

2) Which Property to Stay?
- Would solicit advice from other BHPians, since I've not stayed in that area.

3) How to commute in GOA?
- Plenty of rental car/bike options available. Pick one as per the distances. You can tie up in your resort itself.

4) Not to miss Restaurants?
- Kandeel, Margao
- Kokni Kanteen, Panaji
- Anand restaurant, Panaji
- The Fisherman's wharf, Panaji/Cavelossim
- O Coqueiro, Bardez

5) Sea Excursions?
- Watersports are available at Calangute/Baga, boat rides available at Anjuna beach.

6) Must visit places for Honeymooners
- Chapora fort
- Fort Aguada
- Dudhsagar waterfalls
- Oyster light house, Karwar (50 Km south of Goa, hire a speed boat from Rabindranath Tagore beach, will cost you around 4500 Rs).
- Gokarna beach (110 Km south of Goa, but one of the best beaches in India). Good roads also. But if you're driving a rental car, check if they're valid in Karnataka.
Thank You for the excellent suggestions. Really appreciate it
Yes, I have decided to stay in North Goa itself since most members suggested it and I have found it apt.

Your list of restaurants has made my research job much easier. Will help me score some brownie points in front of my Fiance

Dudhsagar is a nice suggestion too, will try to squeeze it into my under-development itinerary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ144 View Post
Hi,

Firstly, Congratulations and welcome to the married club.

Me and my wife did Goa in the last week of November 2020 and below are my suggestions-

1) The happening place of Goa is the North Goa. Anything near Sinq, Calangute, Baga, Anjuna beaches are the "Touristy/happening" places.
2) We staid at -
It's an Airbnb stay in an apartment. Cleaned every alternate day and is pretty hygienic. You can find more details on the link https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/17506...sts=1&adults=1. Also, this place is very close to all the major attractions. Was safe and clean.
3) The caretaker of the place will arrange bikes/cars for you to roam around goa. We took activa (350 rs per day is what they charge you)
4) Places to visit -
  • Brittos shack for evening snacks and sunset
  • Fat fish for lunch (goan thali) or dinner
  • Florentine for caffreal chicken
  • Cremuex for breakfast
  • Old quarters (Very scenic road, it's a 10 min walk, has really good latin style cafe too inside it)
  • Touristy stuff on the beach (Banana rides, Parasailing, Jet ski, etc)
  • Scuba diving ( We did it from https://divegoa.com/ , they are a bit costly compared to other places but you are happy at the end of the day)
  • You can do a sailing course or guided sailing at Hyatt from the Aquasail 360 which is located on the property of Grand Hyatt, Goa. You can even do sea kayaking.
  • You have churches to visit incase you are interested in the architecture and visiting churches (were closed during our visit due to the covid thing) Basilica of Bom jesus and Panjim Church
  • Visit the Divar island via the free ferries (Free for bikes and pedestrians, 10 rs for cars) It's a very beautiful laid back place to see how beautiful the Goan houses are.
  • South goa - (Can go to south goa by hiring a car for a day and cover the below places)
  • Visit the Cabo de rama fort in south goa. (Ensure you walk till the Lazy view point and the Adventure view point)
  • Kakolem beach (Beach with a waterfall in the background) Suggest to go here by 5 PM and stay till 7.30 PM. There is one shack here which serves food and beverages. Kakolem and Cabo de rama are close to each other.
  • Go for a lunch buffet in Taj Aguada in the Kokum Kitchen
  • Visit the Aguada fort (tickets to be bought online on https://asi.payumoney.com/quick/ufa ) While at Aguada fort, walk/trek to the Devils finger

This is what i have done in my recent trip and had fun doing all of them. I was there for 9 days.
Thank You for your dear wishes and for taking out time to give me extremely helpful and precise suggestions.

The dishes to try along with restaurants are now straight to the top of Must Try list. The scuba diving and Paragliding you mentioned sounds very interesting, will go for the experience. I hope they are still active in COVID times though! I will check.

The help, suggestions, and experiences for Goa Honeymoon from this wonderful community that I am getting are really heartening. I am sure all the excellent inputs that I have received will be enough to pass me off as a Goa veteran to my suspecting Fiance.
AMG1 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 12:43   #35
BHPian

Congratulations on the Wedding.

In Goa, Have Stayed at White Pearl Suits (Baga Beach). Amazing property to say the least. It has got just 12 rooms and all are suits.

Request them for a car and they will hook you up with someone who would give you keys to a wagonr for 800 bucks a day.

Last edited by Abbas : 8th December 2020 at 12:44. Reason: Added location
Abbas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 17:55   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You, We have almost finalized Mariott Spa & Resort now as it's in the Candolim area (have researched and been suggested that the area is near the main tourists' hub and near to good beaches/cafes/party areas) plus they supposedly are taking good COVID related precautions.
I would actually suggest looking at Le Meridien instead of Mariott having stayed at both properties.
While Le Meridien isn't a beach touch property nor a resort; the location is a lot more central compared to Mariott, plus it's a newer property which isn't as well known.

In terms of safety precautions, I found Taj & ITC being the best. Taj is very popular with families and rates are through the roof.
Would recommend ITC Goa strongly as well.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 22:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I would actually suggest looking at Le Meridien instead of Mariott having stayed at both properties.
While Le Meridien isn't a beach touch property nor a resort; the location is a lot more central compared to Mariott, plus it's a newer property which isn't as well known.

In terms of safety precautions, I found Taj & ITC being the best. Taj is very popular with families and rates are through the roof.
Would recommend ITC Goa strongly as well.
Exactly, for the same reason, we dropped Marriott Resort Goa at Candolim. Was told by its reservation desk that the property is barely 2 months old plus only complimentary À la carte breakfast as of now. Though the deal prices and the Rooms seemed excellent.

Today finally, we booked Taj Holiday Resort at Sinquerim, Candolim,(after most BHPians recommending Taj & having favorable COVID precautions related online reviews).

Extremely thankful to all BHPians for guiding me with the lodging and location.

Now, time to follow the finely curated excursions, restaurants, and activity lists shared by the members.
AMG1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 10:45   #38

Hi,

I am planning a trip to South Goa from 25th Dec and since you travelled recently wanted to understand if you had to take a Covid-19 test which coming back to Bombay.

It would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks!
Old 9th December 2020, 12:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalSeeker View Post
Hi,

I am planning a trip to South Goa from 25th Dec and since you travelled recently wanted to understand if you had to take a Covid-19 test which coming back to Bombay.

It would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks!
Hello. I will be traveling on 4th Jan '21. I will be traveling from Lucknow, don't have any info on the Mumbai Goa sector. Will share If I come across any info on the Test. Cheers
AMG1 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 20:40   #40

Hello everyone,

I've finally decided to take the plunge and tie the knot in mid July this year. However deciding on a honeymoon in the peak monsoon season seems to be as Herculean a task as finalizing on an 'ideal' car, especially in the ebbs and surges of a pandemic.

My fiance has narrowed it to a beach destination and left the rest all up to me. I've always wanted to go to a foreign destination, but with all the restrictions, it seems a distant dream right now.

Here are few of the destinations I had shortlisted....and ruled out:

1. Maldives- July seems to be the time for tropical storms and incessant rains, far from the idyllic sunny clear weather, according to a video on Youtube.

2. Dubai- Apparently its extremely uncomfortable in July. Hot and sultry with temperatures greater than 45 degrees.

3. Indonesia/Vietnam/Malaysia- do not have a travel bubble with India currently.

4. Thailand- too many restrictions and multiple testings for Covid-19 are required.

Besides, i think all international destinations require negative Covid-19 RTPCR report within 48-72hrs prior to travel. This scares me as an associate of mine had to cancel his Dubai honeymoon when he and his new bride tested positive although asymptomatic.

So, I would like to ask if I am missing out on any foreign destination which would be suitable in July and free from all these restrictions. I would be travelling from Kolkata, so would not want to choose flight travel of more than 1 layover.

If I have to choose a beach destination in India, should it be Goa or Puducherry in the peak monsoon season?

I welcome all your kind suggestions.

Regards Souvik
suavesouvik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 12:04   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suavesouvik View Post
If I have to choose a beach destination in India, should it be Goa or Puducherry in the peak monsoon season?
Goa in the monsoon has it's own charm- but that doesn't include the beaches! Everything on the beach will be dismantled, most of the places will be shut. Swimming in the sea will be too risky, during high tide there might not even be much of a beach since the water reaches the walls in several places. If you're the type that enjoys walks/drives in the rain, then perhaps it might work out. Everything will be nice and green and several small waterfalls will be around (though the trails to reach them will be difficult to navigate during the rain). Another possibility is checking in to an upscale resort (on the plus side, room rates will be cheaper) that has some nice grounds and sitting cozy inside a room with a view while it rains all day. Maybe taking advantage of the rare, very rare, break in the rain to quickly dash to a tourist attraction and having it all to yourself. But in general, I'd suggesting avoiding any beach destination during the monsoons.

The east coast should be a better bet during those months.

Last edited by am1m : 7th March 2022 at 12:07.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed