Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 20:21   #1
BHPian

Mumbai to Pithoragarh : Route Query

Hi friends, Posting this on behalf of my brother.

He is planning to drive to Pithoragarh from Mumbai in the mid of January with wife and a dog. There are few route options in our mind to reach there.

1. Mumbai > Nashik > Dhule > Indore > Shivpuri > Gwalior > Agra > Bareilly > Haldwani > Nainital > Almora > Pithoragarh. Total distance 1695 kms

2. Mumbai > Vadodara > Udaipur > Jaipur > Agra > Bareilly > Haldwani > Nainital > Almora > Pithoragarh. Total distance 1863 kms

Please suggest which one he should follow or any other route options based on road conditions and safety.

For pet friendly hotels, he is checking on airbnb and booking.com.
Old 9th January 2021, 00:59   #2
BHPian

re: Mumbai to Pithoragarh : Route Query

Route 1 is good for reaching till Bareilly; thereafter follow route via Khatima - Tanakpur - Champawat- Lohaghat-Pithoragarh.

This route has wider & better roads than Almora route, however, at some places the widening is still going on.

We went to Dharchula in October 2020 via Almora and came back via Lohaghat.

We stayed in Sumeru Resorts, which is 7km away from Pithoragarh on Dharchula road. The hotel offers excellent food and decent stay at reasonable price, we found the property to be VFM.

Last edited by GTO : 9th January 2021 at 19:52. Reason: No PM, answer queries here only please :)
breezydrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 07:06   #3
BHPian

re: Mumbai to Pithoragarh : Route Query

Nainital doesn't come between Haldwani and Almora, Bhimtal does. There is a detour if he really wants to include Nainital also. Agree with the above response on alternate route via Tanakpur. This was the default route from Bareilly when I used to travel regularly to Pithoragarh, some 25 years ago.
CosmicWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:11   #4
BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Pithoragarh : Route Query

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

As suggested by breezydrive, my brother is going to take the tanakpur route to reach pithoragarh.
Old 1st March 2022, 23:02   #5
BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Pithoragarh : Route Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by motionfreak View Post
Thank you so much for the suggestion.

As suggested by breezydrive, my brother is going to take the tanakpur route to reach pithoragarh.
Hi Motionfreak, I am planning road trip end of March to Munsiyari (comes under pithoragarh district) from Pune. Hotel bookings are done. As your brother has done the drive last year, can you please share the feedback on route and any other inputs to be kept in mind during this long drive specific to route and terrain.

Many thanks in advance for your time on this topic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks