Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2007, 12:40   #1
BHPian

Query -- what is the best route -- Mumbai - Mahuva

hi,

I have a query regarding planning a trip from Mumbai to Mahuva sometime next week. We are planning to drive from Mumbai to Mahuva and would be taking a halt at Bhavnagar ( my home-town) for a day. Which is the best route to pick up . Are there any online routes or maps that i can refer to? I am currently at Pune -- is there someplace i can purchase these maps and directions or does someone have pointers to the same .-- that would be greatly helpful -- This is our first road trip and naturally the anxiety level is very high -- so please help me out --

thanks
KPB
Old 17th October 2007, 16:00   #2
BHPian

hi,

This trip might be happening during the month end of October. Would be travelling with Wife and 2 kids and a driver in tow : The route planned is as such :

Pune- Nashik- Dhule- Surat-Bharuch- Vadodara - Bhavnagar - Mahuva

and back...

alternate route is :

Pune -Mumbai (bypass at Ghodbunder )-Manor- Surat-Bharuch-Vadodara- Bhavnagar- Mahuva

and back.

Any tips on which route should be preffered ?
I also need maps of Maharashtra and Gujarat during this trip -- any clues where can i get them in Pune-PCMC areas?

This will be a 850 km drive one way ( Mumbai-Bhavnagar is 660 kms and hence approximate) -- would be taking breaks at Vadodara and Bhavnagar

Does anyone know of any decent hotels where one can stay overnight at Vadodara ?

Mods: please do re-open this thread -- if needed
thanks
KPB
Old 18th October 2007, 09:53   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Any tips on which route should be preffered ?
I also need maps of Maharashtra and Gujarat during this trip -- any clues where can i get them in Pune-PCMC areas?
Try any Crossword book store in your areas and ask them for Eicher Road Atlas. It should help.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would advise you take the route via Bombay, since the Dhulia-Surat road is not the best.

At Vadodara, continue on the bypass without taking teh Ahmedabad expressway. 10 kms after teh end of the bypass, you come to Vasad where you turn off left on the Borsad/Vataman/Tarapur to go to Bhavnagar and Mahuva.

Hotels on teh bypass in Baroda and at Vasad - impossible - I have once stayed in a very seedy hotel in Vasad, but I would suggest you drive into Baroda city and look out for a good hotel.

I will PM you a log book for the route - have driven from Bombay to Bhavnagar, Plaitana, Mahuva, Diu on this road.

Please keep in mind that road conditions on Surat-Baroda are bad. If you leave early enough and are a fast driver, yu could even driven through to Bhavanagar the same day. Alternatively, you could leave the previous eveing and stay in the Bombay-Vapi region.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Try any Crossword book store in your areas and ask them for Eicher Road Atlas. It should help.
Please avoid Eicher Road Atlas of India - it is full of serious mistakes - I stopped counting after I crossed 200. Please buy TTK or IMS maps of Gujarat instead. In any case, the route is very simple.
Old 20th January 2008, 20:22   #6
BHPian

Mumbai to Tarapur

hi guys,
We need to travel from Mumbai to Tarapur. What is the best mode of transport from Mumbai. We are going to be in Mumbai around afternoon (26th Jan - saturday). We dont have a car in Mumbai - we are travelling from Bangalore to Mumbai by train.

Any help on which buses to take or whether taxis are better would be appreciated. Also, which station to get down in mumbai?

thanks for your respones

PS: This seemed to be the closest thread for this question and i did not want to start a new thread for this purpose.

Most Viewed