Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2010, 11:17   #16
BHPian

Wowww... Team-Bhp rocks... Thats pretty comprehensive and highly useful information. Thanks a lot ExtremeTorque and RoamingRao...
Old 5th October 2010, 14:53   #17

Hi,

I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Bellary the next week. I would really appreciate if somebody can let me know the status of the roads.

Thanks,
Prasant.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:27   #18
BHPian

Prasant, the actual route as per most maps will be (NH7)Hyd-Kurnool-Gooty(NH63)-Guntakal-Bellary. NH63 from Guntakal to Bellary is known to be a horrible stretch. I did that stretch last year, enroute to kemmannagundi and half way on NH63, we almost decided to call off our trip due to heavy truck traffic and non-existant roads. I am not sure how it is now. I was told about a diversion from Kurnool, called Moka road that skips Gooty and Guntakal via NH63 and goes directly to Bellary. This is Via Alur (Link to Google map).
The other alternative is via Raichur and Gangawati (Link) but i am not sure about the road condition after Gangawati. This route will work out 50-60 KM more than other routes and is excellent upto Gangawati (I did this stretch upto Hospet in July this year).

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 5th October 2010 at 19:28. Reason: Typo
Old 18th October 2010, 09:35   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Prasant, the actual route as per most maps will be (NH7)Hyd-Kurnool-Gooty(NH63)-Guntakal-Bellary. NH63 from Guntakal to Bellary is known to be a horrible stretch. I did that stretch last year, enroute to kemmannagundi and half way on NH63, we almost decided to call off our trip due to heavy truck traffic and non-existant roads. I am not sure how it is now. I was told about a diversion from Kurnool, called Moka road that skips Gooty and Guntakal via NH63 and goes directly to Bellary. This is Via Alur (Link to Google map).
The other alternative is via Raichur and Gangawati (Link) but i am not sure about the road condition after Gangawati. This route will work out 50-60 KM more than other routes and is excellent upto Gangawati (I did this stretch upto Hospet in July this year).
Hi,

I am back from my trip to Bellary.

Onward trip was the conventional route

Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Mahoobnagar - Raichur - Manvi - Sindhannur - Siruguppa - Bellary.

The roads are OK, rather, not bad, would be more appropriate. Lots & lots of pot-holes on the road. One does a lot of zig-zag to avoid them. The other problem on this route is the number of speed breakers (unmarked) on either side of villages (plenty of them). I left home at 0600 & was in Bellary by 1330 with about 45 min break on the way.

While retuening, I took the route

Bellary - Guntakal - Gooty - Kurnool - Jadcherla- Hyderabad.

The only bad patch on this route is between Bellary & Guntakal. About 15 Km of road on AP side is really bad, in fact, road does not exist on some patches. Traffic is moderate, only truck traffic. After that stretch one gets on the NH7 & hence no problem. I left Bellary at 0700 & reached Samshabad at 1300 with about 45 min break on the way.

I hope that this is useful.

Prasant.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update, especially for the Bellary-Guntakal srtretch. I do not think those 15 kms ever get repaired in the KA-AP border.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Thanks for the update, especially for the Bellary-Guntakal srtretch. I do not think those 15 kms ever get repaired in the KA-AP border.
Most roads that border AP are in the same terrible state. Take the NH5 near Ichchapuram, or the one beyond Adilabad on the Nagpur Highway, or the one near Homnabad on the Bombay Highway.

Perhaps this applies to most states' borders and not just AP
Old 4th December 2010, 02:59   #22
BHPian

Hello Mates

Have gone through the travelog's and have very useful information. Thanks everyone.

Have a few queries about the Hyderabad - Hampi route and details of hotels.

1. Any latest updates on the route to be taken between Hyd - Hampi.
2. Planning a 3 day stay in Hampi. Day 1 arrive from hyd, day 2 visit Hampi, Day 3 roam around Hampi of any personal interests.
3. Are there any more places to visit from Hampi. Ex: Like Jog falls etc... not sure what else is nearer to hampi.
4. Planning to stay in Hospet. Best hotels in around 1000Rs a day. No. of people travelling Me , Wife and our 3 year old daughter.
5. What are the weather conditions now in Dec. Planing to do this trip in Dec last week.

Any other useful information which ,might be useful during the trip.

Thanks every1.
Old 10th December 2010, 07:47   #23
BHPian

Re: Info needed on Hyderabad-Hampi route urgently

Guys... any latest information on the road conditions presently from hyd - hampi....
Old 10th December 2010, 14:04   #24

Hi folks!

Just joined! Have been following this forum for some time. You all have motivated me for a trip to Hampi (from Hyderabad, where I am located). Have planned it from 25 to 28 Dec 2010, in my SX4.
Can any one update the latest on the road conditions and the best route to take??
Thanks.
Old 10th December 2010, 17:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Hello Mates

Have a few queries about the Hyderabad - Hampi route and details of hotels.

Any other useful information which ,might be useful during the trip.

Thanks every1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandyboss View Post
Hi folks!

Just joined! Have been following this forum for some time. You all have motivated me for a trip to Hampi (from Hyderabad, where I am located). Have planned it from 25 to 28 Dec 2010, in my SX4.
Can any one update the latest on the road conditions and the best route to take??
Thanks.
Welcome to this forum.

The route would be.

Hyd-Jadcherla-Mehboobnagar-Raichur-Sindhnoor-Gangavati-Hampi.

The road is pure bliss, except few rough patches between mehboobnagar-makthal and at Karnataka border (the bridge on river krishna is in coma).Once you are in Karnataka, you can cruze till you reach your destination.

Malligi Hotel in Hospet - Luxurious Star Hotel near Hampi, Karnataka .This would be a nice place to stay.

One can also visit munirabad Dam, which is near hospet.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:18   #26

Thanks, Silverwood.
Happy journeying to all!!
Old 18th December 2010, 07:26   #27
BHPian

Thank you all for the inputs...which are very valuable

Planning to take a trip from Hyderabad- Hampi- Srisailam- Hyderabad in the last week of Dec (26th - 30th).

Query is - are there any nice places to stay in Hampi or do we have to go to hospet, if yes what are they in Hampi. I have already got the information abt staying in Hospet from the previous posts and will chose from Malligi or Priyadarshini.

Second query is - Will take the route from Hospet - srisailam via kurnol and doranala. What are the road conditions after kurnol to doranala and srisailam and are there any timings to cross the checkpost( Do they have on this side).

Iam attaching the route map to be taken. Is this the right route to follow.

Wating for inputs..thank you once again....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alwal-Hampi-Srisailam-Alwal -Map.pdf (271.0 KB, 901 views)
File Type: pdf Hospet-Kurnool.pdf (130.4 KB, 660 views)
File Type: pdf Kurnool-Srisailam(Nandikotur-Atmakur).pdf (102.5 KB, 499 views)
Old 21st December 2010, 11:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

What is the best route to go to Badami via NH63 instead of NH13 from Hospet? Is NH13 still horrible?
Old 28th December 2010, 17:17   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Info needed on Hyderabad-Hampi route

@pjbiju,

What was the route you eventually took?

We met in front of the Underground Shiva temple in Hampi on 25th dec.
Old 28th December 2010, 20:39   #30
BHPian

Re: Info needed on Hyderabad-Hampi route

Are there any other places around Hampi that are worth visiting (Places within 150kms from Hampi)? Apart from the Tungabhadra dam and various temples (Lotus temple and Vittala temple?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks