Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 13:52   #256
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

In Calangute, I stayed in Terra Perasio... Surprisingly I found it quite nice... villa type feel it would give with pool facing huge balcony and live music in the evening... They have parking too, 2 mins walk to beach. Nice food as well. You can definetely try. Its a low - mid range resort. I paid 4k per day in Jan 3rd week.
ajayrec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 09:20   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Hi, ..... I know it would definitely be raining in Goa. How bad could it get? Can we still explore Goa in rains? .....
If you're lucky you can get quite a few hours of sunshine. It's beautiful and green but very wet. The beach is out, except to sit for a while, but if you see a cloud approaching run for shelter!
Make sure your wipers are good, and twice a day clean the windshield outside with strong solution of Surf excel. This will remove all oils and wax residues and give you a clear glass without scatter from headlights at night.
filcord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 16:38   #258
BANNED

Hi All

A group of 25 people (12 rooms)need to stay in north goa in june 2nd week .

Please suggest a good in a budget of 1500 per night

Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 15:04   #259
BHPian

I stayed at Palmarinha Resorts on the Mapusa Calungute Road. Its location is quite good as it has inroads to all the famous beaches. Direct road to Calungute market, Baga Market & beach and to Anjuna too. It was good resort with beautiful restaurant serving food with very nice staff.

Though i took a Private Apartment (yes they are available there) from Mr. Dzouza of Turning Point Properties (Highly Recommended) which cost me Rs.1200/- for a good AC Room with all basic Utilities the rates of the resort is also competitive. I stayed for 4 nights with wife and daughter.

Mostly Russian and Indian Upper Middle class families stay at the resort which means good privacy , less noise and certainly no nonsense going on. Ample Parking for your car, i would recommend it.

the website will be at http://palmarinharesort.com/
Old 2nd June 2013, 19:15   #260
BHPian

What is the general opinion on Dona Silvia resort? Does it make sense for a bunch of 18 year olds to spend a week there? And what are the rates like?
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:07   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
What is the general opinion on Dona Silvia resort? Does it make sense for a bunch of 18 year olds to spend a week there? And what are the rates like?
Its an upmarket (claim to be 4*) resort.South Goa at Cavelossim on the Mobor beach-next door to The Leela Goa.Rates in the monsoons are I suspect going to be around 7k-8k per night and in my opinion the resort is not worth that kind of tariff.

My suggestion would be for you to hunt around the other better hotels in South Goa(Hyatt,Leela,Ramada,Radisson Blu etc) and you would be able to get a better tariff during the monsoons when the rates hit rock bottom.
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:48   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

A group of 25 people (12 rooms)need to stay in north goa in june 2nd week .

Please suggest a good in a budget of 1500 per night

Thanks
We had stayed in this place called the banyan soul in anjuna (behind german bakery)

Good budget hotel and in close proximity to the 'happening' joints of north goa

The rates were 1500 per room (no breakfast)

They will also arrange for bikes/jeeps on hire

More details on www.thebanyansoul.com

Disclaimer:- I am no way associated to the banyan soul and am sharing my recommendation based on my personal stay.

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 3rd June 2013 at 11:49.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:02   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Its an upmarket (claim to be 4*) resort.South Goa at Cavelossim on the Mobor beach-next door to The Leela Goa.Rates in the monsoons are I suspect going to be around 7k-8k per night and in my opinion the resort is not worth that kind of tariff.

My suggestion would be for you to hunt around the other better hotels in South Goa(Hyatt,Leela,Ramada,Radisson Blu etc) and you would be able to get a better tariff during the monsoons when the rates hit rock bottom.
Okay that is wayyy out of price range. Any pointers on whether I can get a shack or some something? A star hotel isn't a prequisite, as long as the accommodation is safe and hygienic, it should do.
7-8k per night is not something us students can afford lol.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:10   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Any pointers on whether I can get a shack or some something? .
Try this place called the ocean's bliss or charles horizon at the little vagator beach.

These are typical shacks on the cliff over looking the sea.

I did not stay here but while eating at this greek place 'Thalassa' i noticed them(Infact you can also stay in thalassa but i doubt they are open during the monsoon)

It depends on where you are staying ,like further north you have arambol beach and they had shacks too
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:15   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
It depends on where you are staying ,like further north you have arambol beach and they had shacks too
What about in and around Anjuna? Thats where my friends wanted to stay. And eating really be a problem, some of these guys plan to stick to a liquid diet anyway
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:21   #266
BHPian

See my post on the 'banayan soul'

It is behind german bakery ,peaceful.

Thing is if you want to live/party like a hippe/russian, monsoon is not the right time (everyone's either back home in russia or in manali right now) you know what i mean
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:49   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Thing is if you want to live/party like a hippe/russian, monsoon is not the right time (everyone's either back home in russia or in manali right now) you know what i mean
Spot on Rajesh! We're just aiming for a week of general debauchery before starting college :P
Old 3rd June 2013, 21:43   #268
BHPian

Quote:
You can always find good and cheap accomodation between 800-1000 K per night at Calungute - Candolim road (Preferably near Shri Krishna Resto.) Even the legendary Sam Kapasi stayed near Little Italy in a private villa at this rate. Go through his blog and that resort has the rates for 13-14 as 1000k per night right at candolim.

Also Again i would like to recommend that you call upon Mr.Douza . He mentioned me that he had Non Ac Apartments right next to Calungute Market which he gives out at 800-1000 per night. It was a flat. He is located at Turning Point Properties on the junction of Mapusa-Calungute-Candolim road next to Post Office.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:48   #269
BHPian

Hello Members,

Can you please suggest a beach side resort for family-stay in the range of 5k to 6k (max) per night, planned for October mid week? Preferred location is Baga, but that's not a constraint. Should have car parking as I would be driving from Bangalore to Goa.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10th August 2013, 12:07   #270
BHPian

Following is the Portal wise quote for the Hotels that I am considering. As of now, I am finding it tough to finalize one among these!

NA -> That Hotel is unavailable on the respective Travel Portal

My priorities are -

1) Proximity to the Beach
2) Food Quality served in the hotel
3) Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi
4) Ambience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks