Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 15:28   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This looks pretty expensive, around 40k for a group of 6 for 3 nights. The place looks awesome though.

I just read your travelogue. You seem to have had a nice time and good locations too. I will keep this place in mind, but I am looking for something which is a little more than this.

Rates in October are much higher than in September as peak season starts in October. Did you check the September rates?
Old 12th June 2014, 16:13   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
We are a group 4 families planning to visit Goa in Sept end Oct first week time frames. What are the accommodation options (Villas, Serviced apartments) which also have a swimming pool and are closer to any of the beaches which are not very crowded? Should be decent for families and kids in the age of 2-6 years and also at not very costly. We are looking at staying there for 3-4 nights.

Too many criteria's, but trying to minimize the budget and maximize the fun and hence these constraints. Any help is highly appreciated, as I would like to book at the earliest to get better pricing.
Had mentioned this somewhere earlier in the thread too - Sea Breeze Goa. When we went, they only had a 4 bedroom villa, but looks like they now have a 5 bedroom villa too (which was under construction at that time). You should get the rates on their site, had cost us 12k/night for 12 people when we went last Oct. They have a caretaker who can cook, all you need to do is get him the raw materials. They have a private pool too. It is ~6 km from Baga, 2 from Anjuna.

Site: http://seabreezegoa.com/
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 21:41   #378
Senior - BHPian

We are looking at Grand Hyatt , North Goa as one of the options for a 3/4 day stay. Any feedback on them ?

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 24th June 2014, 11:18   #379
BHPian

We are planning a one week Goa this September!
Planning to spend half of it in South Goa this time. I am unable to decide on any accommodation in south goa so far.
Any recommendations for good resorts in south goa? My budget is around 2000-4000 per day.

PS: We stayed in Kingstork beach resort near calungute last year. The rooms were very clean and well maintained and we had a pretty good stay!
Old 24th June 2014, 11:35   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
Planning to spend half of it in South Goa this time. I am unable to decide on any accommodation in south goa so far.
Any recommendations for good resorts in south goa? My budget is around 2000-4000 per day.

PS: We stayed in Kingstork beach resort near calungute last year. The rooms were very clean and well maintained and we had a pretty good stay!
You can try Beleza by the beach in South Goa and Quinta Da Graca in North Goa. I have stayed in both the places.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 12:57   #381
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Blackbird, South Goa has quite a few excellent resorts right from Leela and Holiday Inn, Radisson blu at Mobor, then you have Zuri white sands at Varca as you move up. Many mentioned above are 5 star category and way above 4K budget.

If I could recommend you one resort in south Goa to suit your budget, it would be Nanu resorts at Betalbatim ( this is about 3-4 kms north of Colva).
I have visited most of the resorts in the course of helping a friend organize a conference here at affordable price some time back and after considering all the factors we zeroed on Nanu resorts. the conference recently concluded about a week back and I happen to stay at the resort to help around my friend and I was happy with the facilities and service. It is a 3 star property, Bang on Betalbatim beach, and suits your budget. And don't go by the tariff rate on their website . I know the GM of the resort and I can put a word to him if needed

check out the website: http://nanuresort.nanuhotels.in/Default.aspx
and the trip advisor says: http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...trict_Goa.html

and Beleza by the beach (it is a 4 star category) as recommended also happens to be in Betalbatim close to this property. Even that is an awesome place.(Any idea what is the tariff here?)

GTDC (Goa tourism development corp) has many hotels like Colva residency, Calangute resideny, Vasco residency etc. But I am not sure if the service is upto the mark ( guys who have stayed at GTDC hotels can comment on that)

North Goa has many resorts too but as you were keen on south ( more tranquil and quaint) the above is what I recommend to you. I stay at Vasco which is about 15 Kms from this place

Last edited by ashkamath : 24th June 2014 at 13:18.
ashkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 14:20   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Bang on Betalbatim beach, and suits your budget. And don't go by the tariff rate on their website . I know the GM of the resort and I can put a word to him if needed

check out the website: http://nanuresort.nanuhotels.in/Default.aspx
and the trip advisor says: http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...trict_Goa.html

and Beleza by the beach (it is a 4 star category) as recommended also happens to be in Betalbatim close to this property. Even that is an awesome place.(Any idea what is the tariff here?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
You can try Beleza by the beach in South Goa and Quinta Da Graca in North Goa. I have stayed in both the places.
Thanks a lot for your help, guys!
@ashkamath - I will send you a pm about nanu resort!

I checked out both Nanu resort and Beleza by the beach!
Both seem to be next to each other and the tariff is also almost the same!
Beleza by the beach charges Rs 3250 + tax whereas the other one comes to around 4000+tax (according to their website) and both seem to be awesome places!
I am now totally confused between the two!

BTW, for our 3 days in noth goa, I am planning to stay at the Bougainvillea Guest House , but Quinta Da Graca looks like a very good option as well!
Old 24th June 2014, 14:26   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Beleza by the beach charges Rs 3250 + tax whereas the other one comes to around 4000+tax (according to their website) and both seem to be awesome places!

BTW, for our 3 days in noth goa, I am planning to stay at the Bougainvillea Guest House , but Quinta Da Graca looks like a very good option as well!
Beleza by the Beach is very much value for money and I would recommend it. Note that the tariff goes up in October. Quinta Da graca is a home stay with very good hosts. In fact, I plan to stay at both these places during my next goa trip
Old 26th June 2014, 17:30   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I stay at Vasco which is about 15 Kms from this place
Would you be able to provide me with a list of places which I can see, with my base camp setup at Vasco? I would be in Goa only for one and half days. For one day I plan to rent a car.
A few places I have short listed are Naval Air Arm Museum, Aguada Fort, Dona Paula and Cabo De Rama fort. I really am not looking for seeing too many places just for the sake of it. But in this list if one place can be pulled out, and another one can be recommended it would be helpful.
Old 26th June 2014, 18:38   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Would you be able to provide me with a list of places which I can see, with my base camp setup at Vasco? I would be in Goa only for one and half days. For one day I plan to rent a car.
A few places I have short listed are Naval Air Arm Museum, Aguada Fort, Dona Paula and Cabo De Rama fort. I really am not looking for seeing too many places just for the sake of it. But in this list if one place can be pulled out, and another one can be recommended it would be helpful.
Hi Sachin, what is your arrival date / time and departure date / time? because based on those time we can plan your visits.
Now Cabo De Rama is a fort quite south, about 25 kms south of Margao and about 10 Kms north of Canacona situated on the coastal road (Not the national highway but the inner coastal route from Palolem to Betul). it is say roughly about 50-55 Kms south of Vasco

It will take about 2 hours from Vasco to reach this place as the roads are narrow and winding. The fort is small, least visited by tourists (compared with other forts such as Fort Aguada, Chapora or Reis Magos as these are all in the popular tourist circuit in north Goa) Assuming an hour or 2 to spend and another 2 hours to return. it will take about 5-6 hours visiting this fort.
If you are reaching Goa in the afternoon, you can hire a car and drive down to Cabo De Rama and return.

Next day morning you can visit Naval Aviation Museum which is situated at Bogmalo which is about 6-8 Kms from Vasco city, (10AM to 5 PM - all days except closed on Mondays) spend an hour or two there and then head to north Goa which houses Aguada and Donapaula.
Now Dona paula is about 25 Kms from Vasco and please ask the driver to take the Shiridao-Goa University route ( it is a coastal route with scenic Zuari river on the side of the road) and you dont have to go through Panaji city to reach Dona Paula.
Dona Paula is a place where you can spend say about 30 min to an hour.

Fort Aguada is in Sinquerim which is another 12-15 Kms from Dona Paula (you have to enter Panaji and cross the Mandovi Bridge and take the Nerul road). all these drives you will be driving in the coastal picturesque roads.

So all the places mentioned by you can be done in 1 and half days.

If I could suggest you, try Reis Magos Fort ( it is truly a fort compared to the other ones ) This fort is about 7-8 Kms from Panaji and on the way to Fort Aguada ( You have to take a small diversion at a place called Verem. again the road just goes along the Mandovi river and it is a treat to drive through.

If you are a fort enthusiast, I suggest you drive up north to Chapora fort ( Sinquerim-Candolim-Calangute-Arpora-Vagator-Chapora). this fort is on a hill and gives you a beautiful panoramic view of Goa around.

If you are visiting in monsoon, forts are a safe bet as the beaches and shacks are closed down and all water sports activities are closed ( except for river cruises and the one at Panaji over river Mandovi is not even worth mentioning)

so the plan is thus.
first half day: Vasco -Cabo De Rama and back -- whole round about distance 100-110 kms.
full day: Vasco --> Naval Aviation Museum--> Dona Paula---> Reis Magos Fort----> Fort Aguada-----> Fort Chapora. with the above plan, I reckon your whole round about trip should be say 120 -130 Kms max. Though is looks too much on paper, it is not hectic as distances are like 8 Kms or 10 kms between places. and the above can be done leisurely unless you spend a lot more time at any one place.

If you tend to spend lot more time ( say 2 hours or more) at one place then drop Fort Chapora.

Vasco city has a nice sun set point called Hanging gardens at Port residence area at Sada ( sada is the elevated residential area of Vasco where you can get a panaromic view of the sea and islands around and all) The gardens have seating from where you can enjoy the vast sea far and down below.

Hope that helps

Last edited by ashkamath : 26th June 2014 at 18:49.
Old 26th June 2014, 19:21   #386
BHPian

Quote:

Not to be confused man

Beleza by the beach comes highly recommended. It seems an amazing place so try it out. Nanu is a 3 star property where as Beleza is a 4 star property, so definitely Beleza scores over Nanu in many aspects.

If you still feel confused then Best thing is to check out both the resorts, check out the facilities, check out their galleries, check out the reviews but most importantly ask for a large discount. that is the reason I said don't go by the website tariffs. If you persist you could even possibly spend 2 nights at the price of one mentioned in their website. I am not saying guaranteed but possible.

I hasten to add the standard disclaimer. I do not get any monitory or otherwise favor for this recommendation. this is just a TBhpian to a TBhpian sharing
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 19:47   #387
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Any day Beleza by the beach is better than Nanu resort, including food (note we are vegetarians). Also I would suggest you to book your hotel through travel websites. You can compare the price among travel websites through tripadvisor. In general, if you book for last week of september you should get atleast 30-40% off, than lister price in their website. I always find it comfortable, VFM and easy to cancel(with refund) or postpone through travel web portals like makemytrip, agoda, expedia or yatra.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 09:54   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath
Hi Sachin, what is your arrival date / time and departure date / time?
Should be landing at Vasco at around 13:00Hrs - 28th June. I have to start my journey back at 09:00 on 30th June. Both journeys are by Bharthiya Rail. This is a company sponsored trip, so we have accomodation at a beach resort in Bogmallo.

Quote:
Now Cabo De Rama is a fort quite south, about 25 kms south of Margao
Then perhaps I would skip this one and focus on the other ones which you mentioned. Saturday afternoon we may scout around this Bogmallo area itself. As per my plan Sunday is the time where we plan to drive out.

Quote:
Next day morning you can visit Naval Aviation Museum which is situated at Bogmalo which is about 6-8 Kms from Vasco city, (10AM to 5 PM - all days except closed on Mondays) spend an hour or two there and then head to north Goa which houses Aguada and Donapaula.
Now Dona paula is about 25 Kms from Vasco and please ask the driver to take the Shiridao-Goa University route
Excellent !! I am taking a car for self-drive. Would be carrying my GPS as well. I thought of starting the route march by 8AM, but I guess I can delay it a bit.

Quote:
Vasco --> Naval Aviation Museum--> Dona Paula---> Reis Magos Fort----> Fort Aguada-----> Fort Chapora
Thanks!! I guess this covers pretty much a day. I will keep Fort Chapora as optional. We have a small baby, and so would not like to have too much driving around.

Your post really helped me plan my journey. Best wishes!!
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 13:52   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Beleza by the Beach any day over Nanu just to help you clear your confused state of mind
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 15:24   #390
BHPian

Came across this useful thread, I have planned a trip to Goa with my wife during the long weekend in the month of August.

For my stay in Goa, have booked a boutique resort, “Casa De Goa” near Calangute beach. Basis the reviews on TripAdvisor and the website seems to be a good property.

Has any BHPian stayed there earlier? If yes, please do share your views about the place and its proximity to the beach. Also, any advice on the car rental scene in Goa?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Vinay
yaniv14 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks