Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 17:21   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolock123 View Post
anyone help me suggest a decent accommodation between 3K-3.5K per day.
I have stayed for last two trips at place called Green peace apartments near Candolim. You can find the pics to the place here

The cost is around ~1500 - 1800 per day for AC 1BHK apartment. The place is around 500 meters off beach and near to restaurants.

If you need to the contact detail of the owner I can PM you the same.
Old 29th April 2015, 18:45   #437
Senior - BHPian

I have around a 1.6 lakh in gold points from my stay at Park Inn, which can be utilised to stay at any of the raddisson group hotels.
Found few bad reviews about the Park Inn Goa. But here is the catch.
At Park Inn Goa or Country Inn & Suites, I can get a room for 9k points a day,
Radisson Blu = 42000 points for a day
Rasisson Candolim = 38000 points a day

Ofcourse, the Radisson Blu & Radisson Candolim will be far more luxurious, but thinking from the point usage view, are Park Inn & Country Inn that bad?

EDIT: Would like to add that there are two country inn & suites in Goa. I am talking about the one at Panjim
I am also confused on whether to preserve points for future stays by staying at either Park Inn or Country Inn, else burn all the points in one trip by staying at the best.

If I choose the first option, which is better - Park Inn or Country Inn (Panjim)
If latter - Raddisson Blu or Radisson Candolim.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 29th April 2015 at 19:02.
Old 29th April 2015, 20:49   #438
BHPian

Radisson candolim is not that great. It was called Victor exotica till a few months ago. But, it has a nice simple pool and the location is just superb.
Old 4th May 2015, 14:21   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried a place called Spazio at Anjuna for the first time. Not bad at all.

We were warned not to stay in North Goa, especially Anjuna, because of the "hippie culture" but decided to go ahead. Our regular place in South Goa was booked full and this had been recommended by a friend. So, two kids in tow, we set out last Thursday to enjoy the Labour Day weekend.

Positives:
- Very accomodating: we needed to squeeze in an extra adult so they allowed us to exceed the room's maximum (3) so effectively the kids were free of charge. Much appreciated!
- Booking is online and you can call the hotel reception and they will guide you through it.
- Rooms were extremely value for money: reasonably big, clean and comfortably air-conditioned pool-facing ground floor room with a sit-out was about 3800/- including the extra adult. Breakfast included which is basic but decent.
- Service is unobtrusive but good. They tend to leave you to yourself but are prompt and responsive. One single guy manning the restaurant and at the most 2 people in reception worried us at first but everything seemed to work quite well.
- Child-friendly place with a lovely pool (including baby pool) and a borrowing library.
- For the hyper-connected, full 3G connectivity on my Idea mobile. Didn't bother asking about WiFi though I think it was available at a price.

Negatives:
- Meals are boring- however the location is convenient and we had our own wheels so headed out for every lunch and dinner except the one we had on arrival.
- Place is a little dead, which is good if you want your privacy but it's not your typical resort overrun by boisterous families.
- Nothing else really: we did have a nice time!
Old 8th June 2015, 07:10   #440
BHPian

I am planning to stay at Anjuna next week. Its quite safe and peaceful. Hoping for a good trip. I am yet to select a location. I won't be doing any advance bookings. Spot negotiations should get me a good deal, although I'm shortlisting properties where I will do an enquiry and then select what seems best.
Old 8th June 2015, 09:54   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
I am planning to stay at Anjuna next week.
You can check at UV Bar, they have decent AC rooms, and bang on the beach. You can get a room for 1500. Please avoid the rooms at Curlies, highly overpriced.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 15:13   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
You can check at UV Bar, they have decent AC rooms, and bang on the beach. You can get a room for 1500. Please avoid the rooms at Curlies, highly overpriced.
I have narrowed down on these options, ranking priority wise:
1. zhenobia
2. close2c
3. Selwyns guest House
4. Micheles Garden cafe & BnB - this place is really awesome, but it does not have AC rooms, so I think it might get too hot and humid.

My preference, clean facility, safe locality, should have a safe parking place as i am driving down, and should have places around to eat, roam around.

As this is start of off season, i think shacks might be closed. I have never been to Goa at this time of the year.
Old 4th July 2015, 11:15   #443
SBR
BHPian

Planning for a Goa trip from Bangalore.
Date of travel is as follows;
21st July - Reach Goa
22nd - Goa
23rd - Goa
24th - Goa
25th - Return

Me & the 3 ladies of the family - Wifey, 6 year old & 1 year old.
This is my second trip to goa & I am not much familiar with the landscape.
Looking for a decent accommodation in the range of 1.5K to 2K per night for 4 nights between 21st July till 25th July.
The place should be neat & clean and safe to stay for the ladies. Don't prefer too secluded place too coz of the kids.
I will be driving to Goa thru Belgaum on my onward journey & plan to return via Karwar route.
As it is a off season, do I need to book well in advance or booking 3 - 4 days prior is sufficient.

Suggestions from fellow Bhpians appreciated.
Old 6th July 2015, 09:56   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
The place should be neat & clean and safe to stay for the ladies. Don't prefer too secluded place too coz of the kids.
Since you are traveling with family it is better that you book the stay earlier.

Also, where in Goa are you planning of staying? (North/ South, or any specific location)?
Old 6th July 2015, 14:20   #445
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Also, where in Goa are you planning of staying? (North/ South, or any specific location)?
I am reaching Goa thru Belgaum / Chorla Road & this will take me to North Goa. I plan to return via Karwar / Hubli route. Considering this, North Goa to stay is fine as I don't plan to stay in expensive resorts.

Considering that I am not too familiar with Goa, advise for decent stay with family & kids in North Goa in a budget range of 1.5 k to 2 k per night. Also, is staying in Apartments a good idea?
Old 6th July 2015, 14:24   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am reaching Goa thru Belgaum / Chorla Road & this will take me to North Goa. I plan to return via Karwar / Hubli route. Considering this, North Goa to stay is fine as I don't plan to stay in expensive resorts.

Considering that I am not too familiar with Goa, advise for decent stay with family & kids in North Goa in a budget range of 1.5 k to 2 k per night. Also, is staying in Apartments a good idea?
Why don't you try OYO rooms via its app? I believe it will work out reasonably cheap.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 14:39   #447
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Why don't you try OYO rooms via its app?
Thanks for the advise. I will try it. I am also looking for the name of place / area where I can stay. As I said, I am novice in terms of Goa. I don't want to end up staying with kids at a shady area / neighbourhood.

Can you suggest a decent area around which I can book my accommodation.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:04   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I plan to return via Karwar / Hubli route. Considering this, North Goa to stay is fine as I don't plan to stay in expensive resorts.
Karwar route may be not the best option to take from/ to north Goa.

Anyways, I had stayed around Candolim area for all my three trips to Goa. During two of which I stayed at Greenpeace serviced apartments in Candolim. You can check the pics of the same in my travelogues 1& 2 pages.

Link

Its a descent place, nothing fancy. 1BHK rooms with AC bedroom is available around Rs 1500 per day.

One advantage with taking service apartments when traveling with kids is availability of kitchen.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:31   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advise. I will try it. I am also looking for the name of place / area where I can stay. As I said, I am novice in terms of Goa. I don't want to end up staying with kids at a shady area / neighbourhood.

Can you suggest a decent area around which I can book my accommodation.
I was in Goa last month and stayed near Fort Aguada. The OYO hotel was on my way and was located in decent area that looked good for a family stay.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 17:33   #450
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Karwar route may be not the best option to take from/ to north Goa.

One advantage with taking service apartments when traveling with kids is availability of kitchen.
During my onward journey, I will be taking the Belgaum / Chorla Road to enter North Goa. Hopefully, reaching / finding Candolim will not be a challenge.

I have sent a query to Green Peace Apartment/s. Thanks once again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks