Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2016, 16:09   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Looking for nice hotel in Bardez preferably in and around Arpora and Baga. Any suggestions apart from La Sunila and Apple House as they are already sold out in October.
Check out Casa Del Sol:
http://casadelsolgoa.com/

We've stayed there twice - and enjoyed both the experiences.
Clean and spacious villas, and the location was fantastic as well.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 17:06   #482
BHPian

Try Nazri resort. I have already reviewed this on tbhp earlier (same thread) which you may refer to. I have stayed there for the last two occasions and have not returned back disappointed. With the off season now, you may get a good bargain.

Last edited by @Chaand : 19th September 2016 at 17:07.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 17:45   #483
BHPian

Any reviews for Coconut Creek Resort, Bogmalo? There are good reviews on Tripadvisor but would like to hear first hand experiences from anyone who has stayed there recently.
Old 21st September 2016, 15:12   #484
BHPian

I am surprised no one has mentioned Casa Severina in Calangute yet, It has amazinfg reveiws on Tripadvisor and having been there in 2012 I can vouch for it. It is walking distance from the beach which isn't very crowded.

It is a bungalow turned into a hotel.Apart from the food,everything else is really nice.
Old 21st September 2016, 15:31   #485
BHPian

I stayed in Terra Paraiso which is like just 2 mins walk from Calangute. Hotel rooms and food is excellent. They a huge pool which is cleaned everyday and is spick and span. I think one BHPian has put up pics as well. Do search for this on the forum and you will find it.

P.S. They dont have ample parking and if you go during the peak seasons, you might have to park just outside the gate which is fine because there is almost no traffic on that road.
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 19:32   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I stayed in Terra Paraiso which is like just 2 mins walk from Calangute. Hotel rooms and food is excellent. They a huge pool which is cleaned everyday and is spick and span. I think one BHPian has put up pics as well. Do search for this on the forum and you will find it.

P.S. They dont have ample parking and if you go during the peak seasons, you might have to park just outside the gate which is fine because there is almost no traffic on that road.
I am booked to stay at Terra Paraiso first week of November.
Any other points of note for my stay? Where to visit, things to do at the beach?
This is my first visit to that area...
Old 21st September 2016, 21:52   #487
BHPian

Please try www.ozranheights.com Its worth a shot with cabins right on the beach.
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:30   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I am booked to stay at Terra Paraiso first week of November.
Any other points of note for my stay? Where to visit, things to do at the beach?
This is my first visit to that area...
To be frank, I liked the resort a lot and could walk to the beach in like 2 mins but I personally feel that Calangute is not a beach where you can actually play in the water. I did not do it myself and did see anyone doing it either apart from wetting their legs. The slope is a little too steep for comfort and the currents are strong too. For that you will have to go to some other beaches like say Vagator. This I speak is at the access point near the resort. The Beach could probably be a bit shallow with not so steep a slope.

The hotel in itself is very good and the pool is one of the best I have seen in most resorts. So you can surely swim around a lot if you like

Food was great the last time I was around and I hope it would be the same now as well.

You can drive around to Aguada fort, Baga, Senquerium beach etc. which are kind of nearby. I went to Vagator. So you can as well go to Anjuna as well. This I speak is mainly of North Goa. Clubs are a plenty in the area too. If you have time at hand you can surely visit south Goa as well. You can also visit Panjim market if you wish.

I went in the month of Sept and so most water sports were off. If they are on while you are there, you can have fun in that as well. Hope this helps!
Old 25th September 2016, 05:42   #489
BHPian

Hi will be in Goa with extended family in a fortnight's time. Booked Sterling club estadia for the stay. Anybody stayed there recently and are there any good restaurants nearby for breakfast near the resort? Also is there a problem with self driven rental cars if I stay at this resort?
Old 26th September 2016, 10:57   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Had been to Goa a couple of months back. Stayed at Chalston Resort, right on Calangute beach.
Nice large rooms, awesome food, and 24*7 access to the beach.
Check out the website here
Hi cooljai, I'm thinking of staying at Chalston (subject to acco being available) from Oct 09 - 12.

A few questions about that:

1. Do they have enough parking?
2. Are there other restaurants in the vicinity for breakfast/lunch/dinner?
3. What rates can I expect for a standard large AC room? The website has a figure, but I guess the real rates would differ from that.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 26th September 2016, 11:36   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi cooljai, I'm thinking of staying at Chalston (subject to acco being available) from Oct 09 - 12.

A few questions about that:

1. Do they have enough parking?
2. Are there other restaurants in the vicinity for breakfast/lunch/dinner?
3. What rates can I expect for a standard large AC room? The website has a figure, but I guess the real rates would differ from that.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram
They have parking for around 6 to 7 cars in their compound. There is a large parking lot just outside, and think Guests use that.
Had used their restaurant for all breakfasts during our stay, as the spread was good. Lunch was mostly from the shacks on the beach.
There are some very good restaurants on the main road from where we turn to the resort. That's around 750 meters from the main road.
I called them directly and they gave a better rate than what was given on the website.
cooljai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 13:46   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
I called them directly and they gave a better rate than what was given on the website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I stayed in Terra Paraiso which is like just 2 mins walk from Calangute. Hotel rooms and food is excellent.
Chalston was full for the dates when I'll be in Goa, so booked Terra Paraiso. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th September 2016, 15:19   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Chalston was full for the dates when I'll be in Goa, so booked Terra Paraiso. Fingers crossed!
I am sure you would have already checked the images on the web but still am sharing a link with 3 images of the resort as posted by a Tbhian. Here is the link.

Also would suggest you talking to them to reserve a parking spot for you within the premises if you can. If you get it, would be great. If you cant, you can park just outside anyway. No harm in trying. Happy Holidays!
Old 27th September 2016, 15:25   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
Any reviews for Coconut Creek Resort, Bogmalo? There are good reviews on Tripadvisor but would like to hear first hand experiences from anyone who has stayed there recently.
Have a friend who is highly recommends this place. I might be able to give you a first hand experience in a couple of weeks.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 07:03   #495
BHPian

I was looking for some nice resort in South Goa. Has anyone stayed at Dunghill Beach Resort, Agonda? Reviews woud be great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks