Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2018, 14:33   #601
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I am planning to visit Goa in January to take part in a Triathlon event that is taking place in Cidade De Goa in Panjim. I am looking for a good beach resort either in Panjim area or Candolim area with a budget of 5K to 6K a night for 5 nights stay.
Try Santana Beach Resort or Whispering Palm beach resort. Bear in mind that Jan is peak tourist season and I doubt you will get a beach resort accommodation in the given budget. Also, availability is an issue as every good option is filling fast or already full. On a side note, check Airbnb for some gorgeous rental apartments in Candolim. There are quite a few with glowing reviews.

Last edited by ampere : 12th January 2019 at 15:41. Reason: compacted quoted post
T.S. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 15:19   #602
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Try Santana Beach Resort or Whispering Palm beach resort. Bear in mind that Jan is peak tourist season and I doubt you will get a beach resort accommodation in the given budget.
Hi, thanks for the tips. Yes, beach resorts were definitely not in the budget. I did check some airbnb listings and there are some awesome apartments. Did not go with airbnb apartments as I would have to find food outside.

As my visit is more for the Triathlon event with just one day available after the event to relax, settled for a proper hotel in Panjim which is close to the event venue - Varanda Do Mar. This hotel had lots of positive reviews. But will miss the resort setting though!

Last edited by graaja : 5th December 2018 at 15:25.
Old 15th December 2018, 03:34   #603
BHPian

Hello guys
Planning on a Goa trip in Feb first week. Just us, a family of three. Wanted some inputs on accommodation in North Goa. Have stayed in South Goa whenever I have visited earlier. Since we will be without a four wheeler this time around, decided to check out North Goa.
Airbnb versus the usual hotel stay? And suggestions for a good all round hotel within a budget of say 3500-4500 INR.
Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 10:21   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
suggestions for a good all round hotel within a budget of say 3500-4500 INR. Thanks
I had stayed at Chalston beach resort about an year ago, and can recommend it as an option in North Goa. Well maintained property right on the beach, good service and reasonable tariff (not cheap, but not exorbitant either). Food rates in their in house restaurant are a bit steep (IMO), but food quality is good. However, that's not a big issue as there are dozens of shacks on the beach within walking distance of the resort.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 12th January 2019, 12:04   #605
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks, am planning a Goa trip shortly and thinking of staying in central or south-ish Goa this time. Any recommendations in the following areas: Betalbatim, Cavellosim, Colva, Varca, Benaulim? Budget 4 - 6k per day.
Old 12th January 2019, 12:59   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi Folks, am planning a Goa trip shortly and thinking of staying in central or south-ish Goa this time. Budget 4 - 6k per day.
Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img20190112wa0001.jpg
I had stayed in Majestic Beach Comforts, Varca Beach, Goa in October last year. It's a beach side resort with cleanly maintained wooden cottages. Breakfast was good. I highly recommend Majestic Beach Comforts. It perfectly suits your budget. BTW I had booked through Makemytrip.

Last edited by KING DYSP : 12th January 2019 at 13:05.
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 13:48   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Attachment 1836386
I had stayed in Majestic Beach Comforts, Varca Beach, Goa in October last year
Thanks a lot, this seems like a good option. Will call them and see what rates they are offering vs MMT.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 15:32   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Hello guys
Planning on a Goa trip in Feb first week. Just us, a family of three. Wanted some inputs on accommodation in North Goa. Airbnb versus the usual hotel stay? And suggestions for a good all round hotel within a budget of say 3500-4500 INR.
Thanks
If you are still looking for one, you may want to try out Azzure by Spree hotels located in Calangute area.

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-nightshotazzurebyspree.jpg

We, a family of three, had gone there couple of years ago.
Had booked it directly from their site. Wonderful experience.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 13:21   #609
BHPian

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Booked accommodation for 9 days at 3 properties across North Goa.
Ozran Heights Beach Resort in Vagator, La Vie Woods Resort in Calangute and La Sunila in Baga. Presently at La Vie Woods and in the midst of the vacation. Enjoyed at both the properties, yet to check out La Sunila.
Can anyone suggest good, vibrant bar /pub in general area Calangute with live band to spend a lively evening?
Checked out few famous ones on Google and apparently all have overhyped reputations.
Thanks in anticipation.
Old 5th February 2019, 15:07   #610
BHPian

Was in South Goa recently and while I was on the lookout for a decent budget place for the two of us, I heard from a friend that he's purchased an apartment, which has amenities like a nice pool and a gym and is willing to rent it out on a daily rental basis.

The property is a 5 min walk to the peaceful Patnam beach and about 2 km to Palolem beach. It is located in a quiet, peaceful area with similar properties around it. The pool is great and so is the gym. It’s a 1 BHK apartment and 3 - 4 people can comfortably stay with extra beds which will be provided on request. The vehicle parking is ample, safe and shaded.

We had a wonderful time away from the hustle bustle of North Goa and spent a good 3 days like how Goa demands it! We'll surely go back once again soon.

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-dsc_0049.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-dsc_0062.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-dsc_0082.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-dsc_0097.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-dsc_0068.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-dsc_0105.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-dsc_0107.jpg

Last edited by manson : 16th April 2019 at 15:44. Reason: Deleted contact details of property owner.
Added_flavor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 13:27   #611
BHPian

Guys,

Planning for a Goa trip in the 3rd week of June and want to stay in a beach
resort. From the options I see in the last couple of pages, I see the
following:

Santana Beach Resort
Whispering Palms Beach
Chalston beach resort

Of the above, Santana seems to be the most reasonable at this time.

My plan is to reach Goa by flight from Hyderabad around 11pm on 19th June (Wed)
and stay till 23rd June (Sun) night.

I do not want a selfdrive vehicle, however I would like to hire a cab that
can stay with me for the duration of 4 days and drive me around Goa.

Any reliable cab service that any of you can suggest?.

Also, In addition to the cab, do you guys have any other beach resort to suggest?.

Thank you.
Old 16th April 2019, 14:03   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Guys,

Planning for a Goa trip in the 3rd week of June and want to stay in a beach
resort.
If you are okay with South Goa, a couple of more options are:

1. Nanu Resort near Margao (Betalbatim beach). I have stayed there twice, and both experiences were good.

2. Majestic Beach Cottages on Varca beach also seems to have good reviews on the net. However, no personal experience with this option.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:44   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Also, In addition to the cab, do you guys have any other beach resort to suggest?.

Thank you.
I have a suggestion; June being an off season for tourism in Goa, you will get good deals in premium properties. If budget is not a constraint, try W in North Goa (Vagator beach) or Planet Hollywood in South Goa (Utorda beach). Both are beach properties and are relatively new in the Goan 5 star scene.

Then there is a Taj property on both sides, but the one in South is exotic. If on a budget, try Riva Beach Resort (Mandrem), L'Amore beach cottages (Ashvem), Sonesta Inn (Candolim) in North Goa. Not suggesting any on Calangute or Baga as these beaches are overcrowded and messy than others at any given point of the year. Also, keep in mind that most of beach shacks on all beaches might be shut owing to the rainy season. The concrete establishments stay open though throughout rains.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th May 2019 at 21:41. Reason: Fixed broken quote + spacing.
T.S. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 16:37   #614
BHPian

Had stayed in Riva Beach Resort (Mandrem) some time back. Decent property with decent facilities. There is a small stream at the edge of the property where boating was available.

You cross the stream thru a wooden bridge and you reach the beach which is empty. No shacks no crowd and you feel like its a private beach. Guess being off season (in July) also helped.

Yes most of the beach side shacks are closed due to monsoon, but some property like Liliputs on Anjuna are open and the sea water was touching the base of the shack.

Goa in Monsoon has its own charm if you love rains.
Old 14th May 2019, 21:00   #615
BHPian

You can check out Coconut Creek Resort at Bogmallo. It is hardly 10 mins from the airport. Small but lovely property and they have a good beach shack as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am thinking to book the Bogmallo beach resort which is very near to the airport. Any other suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks