Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2019, 15:58   #631
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Your homestay is really awesome and will easily take your 2 days in having fun there. I mean there's enough at the homestay to keep you & your family occupied.
Trust me, 2 days is a very short time for cramming lot of activities for a family trip which might leave the young and elders, a bit exhausted.

Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot for the response. I did not want to do a lot of activities, but wanted to go prepared in case the in-laws got bored.
Old 30th October 2019, 06:55   #632
BHPian

I am planning to be in Goa in the last week of December. We are a group of 7 people ( 5A + 2C). It looks like an Home stay or a 3 Bedroom Apartment/Villa would be the best option for us considering that the prices are nearly 4-5 times the off season rates. Since we would have our own vehicles, this property can be away from the beach. Also South Goa would be preferable. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.
Old 30th October 2019, 07:15   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I am planning to be in Goa in the last week of December. We are a group of 7 people ( 5A + 2C). It looks like an Home stay or a 3 Bedroom Apartment/Villa would be the best option for us considering that the prices are nearly 4-5 times the off season rates. Since we would have our own vehicles, this property can be away from the beach. Also South Goa would be preferable. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.
There are some decent options on Airbnb. I suggest you check them out. Although I have not personally used Airbnb in Goa but my experience with it has been pretty good till date. You can stay anyplace near Margao which is connected to most of the South conveniently and will also provide decent options for lunch and dinner.
a_myth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 23:46   #634
BHPian

Goa is a happening place but please do not stay in Little India Beach Cottages. My fiancee and her group of five friends booked two rooms. The second morning when they woke up after late night Goan life they find that one room is ransacked and lost all luggage valuables and documents and one iphone X. Just imagine the misery and the hardship they faced after that. It most likely looks like an insider job. FIR has been lodged in the police station but they dont have CCTV or any surveillance the iPhone is still on tracking mode althoughsome activity immediate to the heist was detected. I advice all people thinking of booking this hotel to think of what they went through there. Either their property is so insecure or their housekeeping staff are thieves. Highly not recommended. The ordeal they faced was terrible. We have lodged a FIR with goa police and case is under investigation. Plus we have issued a legal notice to the hotel because they havent followed basic norms of verifying guests plus having a cctv coverage of their property. And now when we have given them a negative review on Booking.com they have the audacity to blame us instead saying they were intoxicated and outsiders were present. I shall follow up and post when we sort out things.
Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 11:42   #635
knp
BHPian

Hi Friends, Planning a family trip on the last week for November from Bangalore to Goa (2Adults and twins of 3 years old). We will be driving with maximum 5 to 6 hours drive per day. So, we may be having one stopover before reaching goa. This is our first time to Goa and appreicate your pointers with the route, stay and any specific activities that keep my twins happier Meanwhile, I am also going through all the posts at tbhp and making notes of them.
Old 6th November 2019, 15:11   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Planning a family trip on the last week for November from Bangalore to Goa (2Adults and twins of 3 years old).
I just got back from my first trip last week. We took a flight and rented a car from the airport. Drove to south goa for the first night and stayed at the Holiday Inn. South Goa is where you have the resort type real hotels. The holiday Inn had a separate kids play area. The beaches are peaceful and there are a few spots for water sports. I was there during the cyclone and it messed up our holiday. We then moved to North Goa and stayed at Marriot/Hilton and also last two nights in a airbnb. My hotel stays were all on points. The hotels in North Goa are weird and are in areas surrounded by cheap houses and run down areas with an entrance like a normal home, about 10-12 feet wide. However north Goa is where there is a lot of night life, bars, pubs and beach action.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 06:24   #637
Senior - BHPian

Re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

I am back from my third stay in 2019 at the Hacienda Goa resort at Vagator, with another visit planned last week of November with my 92 year old mother.
The latest visit was with six friends and their six kids; everyone had a blast. Inside the hotel, there is a being at home feeling, especially around the poolside and the attached restaurant. And outside there are enough places to walk, ride a cycle to, or to drive to for variety.
Very highly recommended therefore for all kinds of visitor profiles, except during the high season of December/January, when the owner is honest enough to say that the high tariffs make a visit not worth the expense.
Given the location in North Goa, this is ideal from travellers by road from Mumbai/Pune. Those coming by air are better off staying in south Goa.
Sawyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 21:46   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Your homestay is really awesome and will easily take your 2 days in having fun there. I mean there's enough at the homestay to keep you & your family occupied.

Hope that helps.
Can you please make a suggestion with regard to a decent homestay for (3 Adults+2Kids) in South Goa, my budget is around 2-3K/night.
Old 11th November 2019, 00:28   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Can you please make a suggestion with regard to a decent homestay for (3 Adults+2Kids) in South Goa, my budget is around 2-3K/night.
I just spoke with a friend (a client actually as I surveyed his Jetski and boats and have a professional relationship) at Cavelossim, South Goa (where some top resorts like Leela & Holiday Inn are located) and he provided me the following link

www salriviera.com
Please contact Mr. Idel Barretto on +91 98813 07721

I haven't been to this place, so have no idea about it, Please give him my reference "Boat Surveyor Kamath" as that might help in getting some discount (just hoping and not sure / guaranteed though, as November and December are the most touristy month of the year)

If you need any other accommodation options, request him and he could assist you in that regard.

Hope that helps.
Ashok Kamath
ashkamath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 21:27   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just spoke with a friend (a client actually as I surveyed his Jetski and boats and have a professional relationship) at Cavelossim, .............
I haven't been to this place, so have no idea about it, Please give him my reference "Boat Surveyor Kamath" as that might help in getting some discount ......If you need any other accommodation options, request him and he could assist you in that regard.

Thanks you very much Ashkamath, will get in touch with the suggested contacts
Old 19th November 2019, 00:32   #641
BHPian

Hi,

Need recommendation for a place to stay (4Nights 5days) in Goa suitable for family.
2 Adults and 2 kids (aged 2 and 5).
We are travelling from Bangalore.
Old 19th November 2019, 10:19   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
2 Adults and 2 kids (aged 2 and 5).
We are travelling from Bangalore.
South Goa is where the seaside resorts are. North Goa is where the beach party scene is. We recently stayed at Holiday Inn for one night in South Goa and then moved to North and stayed at Doubletree by Hilton in Arpora. There are decent airbnb properties too. I liked Holiday Inn for the relaxed nature of the place and it had a kids play area too.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 10:38   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Need recommendation for a place to stay (4Nights 5days) in Goa suitable for family. 2 Adults and 2 kids (aged 2 and 5). We are travelling from Bangalore.
Hi, I recently stayed at Majestic Beach Comforts at Varca, South Goa and would definitely recommend it for a family trip. It's a mid-budget resort, and its location is bang on Varca beach. It has a clean and well maintained pool, and also a small play area with swings, slide etc. for kids.

Other popular resorts in the general area are Regenta (Varca), Joecons (Benaulim), Longuinhos (Colva), Nanu (Betalbatim). Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 19th November 2019 at 10:40.
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 11:14   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, I recently stayed at Majestic Beach Comforts at Varca, South Goa and would definitely recommend it for a family trip.

Other popular resorts in the general area are Regenta (Varca), Joecons (Benaulim), Longuinhos (Colva), Nanu (Betalbatim). Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks for the recommendation, it seems they have no vacancy for the dates we need.
Old 19th November 2019, 11:39   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation, it seems they have no vacancy for the dates we need.
If not Majestic, then do check out Nanu Beach Resort and Spa. I've stayed there twice, and that is also a very good place for family, though slightly pricier than Majestic.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks