Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 17:09   #646
BHPian

Re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
Need recommendation for a place to stay (4Nights 5days) in Goa suitable for family.
Which part of Goa are you planning to stay for 4 nights? North or South? What kind of stay are you looking for? (asking since you are travelling with 2 kids) Also, what is your budget for stay? It will be easier to recommend properties with this information.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 18:44. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 19th November 2019, 19:33   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Which part of Goa are you planning to stay for 4 nights? North or South? What kind of stay are you looking for? (asking since you are travelling with 2 kids) Also, what is your budget for stay? It will be easier to recommend properties with this information.
North or south won't matter much, proximity to a clean and less crowded beach will be more important. With 2 small kids, we are surely not part of party circle.
We are more into food than beverage. So recommendation about authentic local cuisine is also welcome.

Small kids essentially means we will need big enough rooms, I would not risk putting them in a different room.
4k per night or there about is our budget.
Old 20th November 2019, 09:05   #648
BHPian

CarJunki,

You can try out Nazri Resort near Baga Beach (ask for pool facing rooms if you need bigger rooms). But the beach is on the crowded side.
But being in North Goa, there is no way to beat the crowds. You could try Nanu resort at Arambol as well. Both these properties are not on the beach but a 10/5 mins walk away but they may be in your budget.

Try Ritz Classic Goan Thali and Pan Aroma (both at Ozari) if you wanna sample some Goan Cuisine.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 18:43. Reason: Spacing.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 15:49   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
North or south won't matter much, proximity to a clean and less crowded beach will be more important. With 2 small kids, we are surely not part of party circle.
We are more into food than beverage. So recommendation about authentic local cuisine is also welcome.
Below are my recommendations. My top recommendation is at the top of each list. The rest is non hierarchical. I am not suggesting anything in Baga or Calangute as those beaches/ areas offer nothing that you seek in this trip. Also, South Goa boasts the most pristine yet quiet beaches but the stay options comprises mostly of 5 stars or beach huts. There are very few good mid range resorts in South Goa hence my recommendations are very limited there.

North Goa:
Hacienda De Goa (Anjuna)
Nanu Resorts (Arambol) Extreme North Goa
I Love Bell Bottoms (Anjuna)
The Ivy (Anjuna)
The Belmonte Suites (Bardez)
Santana Beach Resort (Candolim)
Sonesta Inn (Candolim)
Ziva Suites (Siolim)

South Goa:
Nanu Beach Resort and Spa (Betalbatim)
Martin's Comfort (Betalbatim)
A's Holiday Beach Resort (Betalbatim)

Authentic Goan Restaurants:
Martin's Corner (South Goa)
Zeebop by the Sea (South Goa)
Mum's Kitchen, Viva Panjim, Ritz Classic, Kokni Kanteen (Panjim)
Starlight (North Goa)

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 18:43. Reason: Quote fixed.
T.S. is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 16:32   #650
BHPian

Any good 3 BHK contact in north Goa for a 10 member family from 17th Jan-19th Jan(2 days)
Old 24th December 2019, 23:02   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Any good 3 BHK contact in north Goa for a 10 member family from 17th Jan-19th Jan(2 days)
I suggest you lookup your requirement on Airbnb. There are quite a few good ones in North Goa. I have stayed in Veera Strandpark service apartments (between Calangute and Candolim) but those are all 2 bhk's. They are neat and clean with a swimming pool, gym and breakfast; + daily housekeeping and replenishment just like any other good hotel. You can check for two 2bhk's there if that suits you.
T.S. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 10:11   #652
BHPian

Bumping up this thread to look for suggestions for my upcoming trip in November. I have shortlisted the Taj properties , ITC and Leela Palace. This is a special trip for me and my partner, hence the luxury. Also on the safety part, with renowned chains , I can be sure that safety is taken with utmost importance.

I got a great deal from Cidade de Goa - one of Taj's group. The property looks simple and is located by the beach and in the town. Other ones i am researching are ITC ,Leela Palace and Taj Fort Aguda. The three looks grand and luxury. Requesting reviews on this. Also any other suggestions or tips. I am looking for a property by the beach and gives a memorable experience.
Old 7th October 2020, 11:47   #653
BHPian

I had the same set of resorts (with similar requirements as yours) for my upcoming vacation in Goa. I chose Taj Exotica because of their significantly friendly cancellation policies and competitive pricing compared to ITC and Leela - for similar kind of experience. From what I have talked to Taj, they are paranoid about safety precautions; I'm sure it is the same case with ITC and Leela as well. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Bumping up this thread to look for suggestions for my upcoming trip in November. I have shortlisted the Taj properties , ITC and Leela Palace. This is a special trip for me and my partner, hence the luxury. Also on the safety part, with renowned chains , I can be sure that safety is taken with utmost importance.

I got a great deal from Cidade de Goa - one of Taj's group. The property looks simple and is located by the beach and in the town. Other ones i am researching are ITC ,Leela Palace and Taj Fort Aguda. The three looks grand and luxury. Requesting reviews on this. Also any other suggestions or tips. I am looking for a property by the beach and gives a memorable experience.
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 00:15   #654
BHPian

Quote:
I stayed at Cidade de Goa last October and though it is a good property, the beach is nothing to write about. Also, they have a new wing and an old wing too. So, depending upon which room you choose, there will be differences and also, the restaurant is quite far from the new wing. Also, the location is far away from all touristy places so factor in the cost of cabs which you would need to take to visit any place in North Goa or South Goa. Taj Fort Aguada is the best for the kind of experience you are looking for in my opinion.

Also, I stayed at Marquis Beach Resort once with my then to be wife. Though not a luxury chain, the property is quite luxurious and bang on the Candolim beach devoid of any crowds. If not exclusively looking for a luxury chain, you might want to check this out too.
tp_dominator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 10:17   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
I stayed at Cidade de Goa last October and though it is a good property, the beach is nothing to write about. Also, they have a new wing and an old wing too. So, depending upon which room you choose, there will be differences and also, the restaurant is quite far from the new wing. Also, the location is far away from all touristy places so factor in the cost of cabs which you would need to take to visit any place in North Goa or South Goa. Taj Fort Aguada is the best for the kind of experience you are looking for in my opinion.

Also, I stayed at Marquis Beach Resort once with my then to be wife. Though not a luxury chain, the property is quite luxurious and bang on the Candolim beach devoid of any crowds. If not exclusively looking for a luxury chain, you might want to check this out too.
Dominator - thanks for the feedback on Cidade de Goa! I will reconsider it. I am also checking on Taj Fort Aguda and also ITC Hotels. I am looking at luxury chain only. Will be finalizing my decision next week. Hows ITC hotel and the location?
Old 3rd November 2020, 18:26   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Below are my recommendations. My top recommendation is at the top of each list.
Excellent recommendations, thank you. Can anyone suggest pet-friendly places whether in north or south Goa? The Taj hotels do allow pets but only in the expensive room categories and charge a hefty 3K (+GST) per night.

Exploring our options between ~23-29 December although rates seem to be skyhigh .
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:32   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Excellent recommendations, thank you. Can anyone suggest pet-friendly places whether in north or south Goa
Check out Planet Hollywood in South Goa. Nice beach touch property on the Utorda beach. Its not as big as other 5 stars in South Goa and in fact could be the smallest amongst them. That being said, its still very quiet, serene and has just about the right space for everyone. The beach is clean, pristine as has a long stretch for morning jogs or lovely evening walks.

Quote:
Also any other suggestions or tips. I am looking for a property by the beach and gives a memorable experience.
If looking for a 5 star from a reputed chain, my suggestions would be Taj Exotica in south on the Benaulim beach and W in north on the Vagator beach. Both are beach touch, luxurious, part of a renowned chain. That being said, the vibe is different, in my opinion, in both the properties. Taj is the classic Taj experience, laid back property where you would just want to stretch back and enjoy the well manicured lawns, the water at the pool or at the beach and the hospitality and warmness at every step. The pampering here is probably the best in the lot. W on the other hand has certain party vibe in the air. The evenings at the rock pool are particularly groovy. So depends what kind of trip you are looking forward to.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd November 2020 at 22:40. Reason: Back to back posts.
T.S. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 16:22   #658
BHPian

Planning a trip to goa during the last weekend of November. It will be mostly South Goa. Any recommendations for stay near Palolem or any other better beaches. Looking for something that is sea facing.
Old 10th November 2020, 17:04   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Planning a trip to goa during the last weekend of November. It will be mostly South Goa. Any recommendations for stay near Palolem or any other better beaches. Looking for something that is sea facing.
Palolem itself is better place to stay, its most happening, or nearby Patenam or Agonda for quieter stay. And once you take scooter on rent, Palolem, Patenam and Agonda are just 5-10 mins away from each other.

Look into Booking.com you will get most properties listed there. December already looking mostly booked. Go for any beach facing property in Palolem does not matter about food since you can sit in any shacks.

80-90% of crowd in Palolem used to be foreigners before, i guess this year its mostly Indians due to covid.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 14:56   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
If ok with beach huts, look for stays on the Agonda beach. To name a few, there is Simrose, The Bay, The White, Cinamon etc. Just google villas or huts in Agonda and you will get the list. The range varies from basic to premium depending on your need. Some of them even have a private open air jacuzzi or hot tubs facing the sea. Other sea facing options in South are mostly the 5 Stars. Almost every 5 star there is beach touch.
T.S. is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed