Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 18:38   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
The menu there is in English and Russian. Make sure you tell the waiter that you don't understand either and see his reaction. I do it everytime I go there.
That would be Joncy's. You have to take the other road near Maria Hall / Fiplees to the beach.
HI LTL,
Can you pl suggest:

1. Few budget hotels with expected tariffs in Goa for 2 days stay during 3rd week of June? Expensive luxury resorts are rules out. We'll be coming to Goa on return from our southern India trip and want to spend 2 days there.
2. What things/places to see/visit in 2 days with 2 kids on-board? A balance portfolio is requested as this will be our pilot visit, will return for an extended visit in future.

Thanks..
Old 10th May 2010, 19:18   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Live to Jive: We'd be in Goa around the same time you would be (7-10 June), and since you frequent the area so often, I would echo LongDrive lover's question too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
HI LTL,
Can you pl suggest:
1. Few budget hotels with expected tariffs in Goa for 2 days stay during 3rd week of June? Expensive luxury resorts are rules out.
2. What things/places to see/visit in 2 days...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Yep joncey's oops, butto is ot workig, sorry
@stefanm: OT - with the "N" button not working, you sound like someone with a severe cold!
Old 10th May 2010, 23:04   #138
Senior - BHPian

SS and LDL
Try these links
Goa Big Daddy's Inn Resorts Big Daddy's Inn hotel Goa The Goan Village beach Resort Luxury hotels in Goa
Moonlight Bay Guest House, Candolim, Goa
HIGHLAND BEACH RESORT, Candolim, Goa - Tariff

Try north Goa even though many places shut down during the rains. There are a few restaurants still open. You can check out all the sights from there too. There are quite a few travelogues on the places to visit

You could also easily rent a 2 bed room apt.
Old 12th May 2010, 13:51   #139
Senior - BHPian

I know that is not exactly relevant but can even one help me out with places to stay in Gokarna. Preferably Om Beach. Budget is about 1000 Rs / night
Old 12th May 2010, 16:06   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Few budget hotels with expected tariffs in Goa for 2 days stay during 3rd week of June? Expensive luxury resorts are rules out. We'll be coming to Goa on return from our southern India trip and want to spend 2 days there.
The information I have is really old, but hopefully of some use. A couple of friends and I visited Goa in Oct. 2005. That's my only visit to the place so far -- so I'm due for that "extended visit in future" too! We booked a room at the GTDC (Goa Tourism Department) Annexe Hotel in Calangute. The main GTDC hotel is closer to the beach but is somewhat older. We liked the place. Decent food and very reasonable fare. I think fares in June could be even lower.

Quote:
]2. What things/places to see/visit in 2 days with 2 kids on-board? A balance portfolio is requested as this will be our pilot visit, will return for an extended visit in future.
I will definitely recommend a boat ride on the Mandovi river at Panjim. They have some on-board entertainment for kids which is pretty good (song and dance stuff). Then there's the usual list of things to do at the beach, which kids will enjoy. If they have any inclination towards history then there's lots to see at Velha Goa - the old churches and buildings are marvellous and look like they're straight out of Europe.

Of the places we visited I have listed only those that are suitable for kids .

Regards,
Spadix
Old 12th May 2010, 17:24   #141
BHPian

Thanks deutscheafrikar and Spadix for providing useful info.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:49   #142
BHPian

I am planning a trip from 28th to 1st June to Goa. This is our 1st trip. Some pointers to accomodationin the sub Rs 2000/- range . Any reviews on .Phoenix Park Inn, Goa
Old 30th May 2010, 14:01   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
I am planning a trip from 28th to 1st June to Goa. This is our 1st trip. Some pointers to accomodationin the sub Rs 2000/- range . Any reviews on .Phoenix Park Inn, Goa
Phoenix Park Inn is best avoided.Bad location,run down place,iffy service.Try the other Sarovar property called Lazy Lagoon,it would fit your budget.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:23   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Phoenix Park Inn is best avoided.Bad location,run down place,iffy service.Try the other Sarovar property called Lazy Lagoon,it would fit your budget.
Thanks for the heads up, Any idea on Zuri The Retreat
Old 8th July 2010, 20:14   #145
BHPian

Goa hotels : feedback requested

Lads,

I need your (invaluable) feedback on the following hotels, w.r.t cleanliness of room and toilet, space for car parking, quality of food served - breakfast specifically, and distances from major architectural sites ( Se Cathedral etc.) and quiet 'n' clean beaches :

1. Ginger Hotel, Panjim
2. Majorda Beach Resort, Salcette
3. Cidade de goa, Panjim
4. Taj Exotica, Benaulim
5. Leela Kempinski, Salcette
6. Park Hyatt, Cansaulim

Info on monsoon rates will be absolutely welcome .

Regards
Old 8th July 2010, 20:51   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

I've posted reviews of two hotels in Goa where we spent some time last month (June 2010), and these are posted on my travelogue for reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
We stayed at the Kingstork hotel at Calangute...
Information about this hotel can be had from their website, :: Kingstork Beach Resort :: Home. However, I'm posting a quick review and my impressions.
Quote:
Some more pics from the Kingstork hotel...
Quote:
This hotel (Hotel ASTORIA a family-run heritage hotel) is a low-budget non-AC hotel in Assagao...
Old 28th February 2011, 02:09   #147
Team-BHP Support

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Chaps,

We're a group of 10 and we're heading to Goa this Friday for 3 nights. There is a problem though. We have no idea where we could possibly stay! We would prefer a place at Baga/Calangute or even Candolim.

Since we're students, we're interested in something that's economical.

Our first preference would be a guest house or an apartment for rent with 3-4 bedrooms.

Any suggestions?
Old 28th February 2011, 11:01   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Any suggestions?
Carnival huh?

I am driving down on Friday morning.

Just go there and look for the cheapest hotel. There are many that have cropped up.
Old 28th February 2011, 17:22   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Carnival huh?

I am driving down on Friday morning.
Ahaa the fever spreads to see King Momo. I am reaching friday night by train. Maybe we can find time for a chat over vintage cars at Verem. Do you think it will be crowded since it's the weekend? Cheap hotels will turn expensive then.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 28th February 2011 at 17:26.
Old 28th February 2011, 17:35   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Chaps,

We're a group of 10 and we're heading to Goa this Friday for 3 nights. There is a problem though. We have no idea where we could possibly stay! We would prefer a place at Baga/Calangute or even Candolim.

Since we're students, we're interested in something that's economical.

Our first preference would be a guest house or an apartment for rent with 3-4 bedrooms.

Any suggestions?
If you can stay put at vagator, you can get decent places for around 400 - 500 per nite. Let me know if you are comfortable with the location, then shall suggest the place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks