Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2012, 22:15   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89
We are a group of 3 friends who will be biking from Bangalore to Goa on 10th Nov and will return on 13th/14th. What are the decent cheap accomodations in and around Calungute/Baga and ho and how much can we expect to pay per night?
If you're looking for a cheap place to stay, You could try hotel Belo horizonte in Miramar. Non AC double room is INR.900/- AC triple bed is around 1450 bucks. Ride safe:-) feel free to pm me if you require more details.
Old 14th November 2012, 14:08   #227
vdi
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Friends,

Can someone please suggest a decent place to stay at north Goa on the Baga/Calangute/Anjuna stretch.

We are planning to reach by 29 Dec to stay till 1st Jan. I know the costs are gonna be over the roof but few friends want to spend the new year in Goa. We are a group of six and would prefer 2 huge rooms so that 3 guys can stay together.

We are on a tight budget but knowing the place and season well we won't mind stretching a bit extra to be in a nice place.

Awaiting some quick responses,

Rajesh.
Old 14th November 2012, 14:18   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Friends,

Can someone please suggest a decent place to stay at north Goa on the Baga/Calangute/Anjuna stretch.

We are planning to reach by 29 Dec to stay till 1st Jan. I know the costs are gonna be over the roof but few friends want to spend the new year in Goa. We are a group of six and would prefer 2 huge rooms so that 3 guys can stay together.

We are on a tight budget but knowing the place and season well we won't mind stretching a bit extra to be in a nice place.

Awaiting some quick responses,

Rajesh.
You can try Quinta Da graca. Stayed there in Oct. Here is the website and reviews in tripadvisor.

http://www.quintadagracagoa.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...ardez_Goa.html
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 02:37   #229
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
You can try Quinta Da graca. Stayed there in Oct. Here is the website and reviews in tripadvisor.

http://www.quintadagracagoa.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...ardez_Goa.html
Thanks Pramod.

Tried the 1st link and there is no availability and my friends are deep dived in the net to find out some option.

Spoke to our usual Zinhos at Baga and they are quoting 4800 per night and that is too high eventhough we know that they could even raise to 6K.

Rajesh.
Old 15th November 2012, 12:34   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Thanks Pramod.

Tried the 1st link and there is no availability and my friends are deep dived in the net to find out some option.

Spoke to our usual Zinhos at Baga and they are quoting 4800 per night and that is too high eventhough we know that they could even raise to 6K.

Rajesh.
Try Molly Malones, its a Irish Pub with hotel above in Calangunte (in the lane of Hotel Mira & Citrus).

Very neat and large rooms, very clean toilets.

I went with family stayed there for 5 nights, its good. Talk to John, he will give good rates. Was supposed to change to Santa Maria, didnt like the rooms as much as the Mollys, just OK.

Enjoy!!
Old 16th November 2012, 04:49   #231
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Try Molly Malones, its a Irish Pub with hotel above in Calangunte (in the lane of Hotel Mira & Citrus).

Very neat and large rooms, very clean toilets.

I went with family stayed there for 5 nights, its good. Talk to John, he will give good rates. Was supposed to change to Santa Maria, didnt like the rooms as much as the Mollys, just OK.

Enjoy!!
Thanks mate, will call John first thing in the morning.

Rajesh.

Last edited by vdi : 16th November 2012 at 04:52.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:20   #232
BHPian

Friends,

I am planning for a trip to Goa for 4 days from 22 Dec to 26. I will be with my wife and 2 Kids. can any one suggest decent budget accomadation to stay. Again This is my first trip to Goa so am not aware of the place as well.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:31   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Friends,

I am planning for a trip to Goa for 4 days from 22 Dec to 26. I will be with my wife and 2 Kids. can any one suggest decent budget accomadation to stay. Again This is my first trip to Goa so am not aware of the place as well.
Check airbnb.com. i have never tried this so far. But this seems good
Old 13th December 2012, 14:20   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Friends,

If you are planning to be there during the mentioned dates,its high time you did your bookings,its going to be next to impossible to get rooms at hotels of your choice and be prepared to pay atleast a good 60-80% extra on what you would normally be paying for those places and plus the Sunburn this year is from 27 to 29th.

Best bet would be to go via the travel portals(MMT,Travelguru,Expedia etc) during this season as opposed to direct hotel bookings,as portals purchase large room inventory from the hotel and then resell it at competitive rates,whereas the hotels just quote whatever they feel like in this season.
Old 7th January 2013, 18:17   #235
BHPian

I am planning to visit Goa in feb from 8th to 11th. Will be using the free holiday voucher provided by Mahindra when I purchased the XUV. Its for 2 nights/3 days stay. The booking is done in the Emeralds Palm resort. I will be driving down to Goa on feb 8th and drive back on feb 11th morning.

As per my plans, I will have to stay an extra night (feb 10). So any idea what the rates are in Emerald palms for one more night. Else since its just the matter of one more night, I was thinking of shifting to some other fairly ok budget hotel as I would be leaving real early on feb 11th morning. So any decent places on the south Goa stretch in the range of 1500-2000Rs.There will be my wife and 3yr daughter and a XUV . So a decent place for the night with safe car parking option.

FundaG
Old 8th January 2013, 07:57   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I am planning to visit Goa in feb from 8th to 11th. Will be using the free holiday voucher provided by Mahindra when I purchased the XUV. Its for 2 nights/3 days stay. The booking is done in the Emeralds Palm resort. I will be driving down to Goa on feb 8th and drive back on feb 11th morning.

As per my plans, I will have to stay an extra night (feb 10). So any idea what the rates are in Emerald palms for one more night. Else since its just the matter of one more night, I was thinking of shifting to some other fairly ok budget hotel as I would be leaving real early on feb 11th morning. So any decent places on the south Goa stretch in the range of 1500-2000Rs.There will be my wife and 3yr daughter and a XUV . So a decent place for the night with safe car parking option.

FundaG
What a co incidence even I am also planning for a stay in Goa @ Emeralds Palm resort in from Feb 22 to 26 ,I would be looking forward to your experience @ Emerald
Old 8th January 2013, 16:27   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans511 View Post
What a co incidence even I am also planning for a stay in Goa @ Emeralds Palm resort in from Feb 22 to 26 ,I would be looking forward to your experience @ Emerald
Thats great. So have you booked at Emerald or using any free holiday voucher. Cos I would like to know what is the per day rate they are charging.

FundaG
Old 8th January 2013, 22:28   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

Thats great. So have you booked at Emerald or using any free holiday voucher. Cos I would like to know what is the per day rate they are charging.

FundaG
I am a club Mahindra member hence got the booking done...they charge around 5000 per night I had checked on make my trip ..
Old 8th January 2013, 22:32   #239
BHPian

Which is the best route from colva to mumbai ? Driving on 12th jan in my innova
Old 8th January 2013, 23:29   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Which is the best route from colva to mumbai ? Driving on 12th jan in my innova
The scenic route would be NH-17 which is 2 lane and would take time. The boring route would be NH-4 which is 4 lane, hence much faster!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks