Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2014, 16:36   #391
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Not to be confused man

Beleza by the beach comes highly recommended. It seems an amazing place so try it out. Nanu is a 3 star property where as Beleza is a 4 star property, so definitely Beleza scores over Nanu in many aspects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Any day Beleza by the beach is better than Nanu resort, including food (note we are vegetarians).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Beleza by the Beach any day over Nanu just to help you clear your confused state of mind
Thanks a lot for the guidance, guys!
I have finally decided to book at Beleza by the beach!
They offered a final price of around Rs 3.4k inclusive of taxes which looks like a good deal to me.
This would be my first visit to south goa and hoping to have a great time!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 16:19   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Not to be confused man
?..
Hello Man,

I am visiting Goa for five days in the last week of September.

I will stay near the Naval Station near the airport for two days.

Can you pl suggest one or two big beaches near that place?

Last edited by skdking : 29th June 2014 at 16:25.
Old 29th June 2014, 16:24   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
Thanks a lot for the guidance, guys!
I have finally decided to book at Beleza by the beach!
They offered a final price of around Rs 3.4k inclusive of taxes which looks like a good deal to me.
This would be my first visit to south goa and hoping to have a great time!
I too am looking at Beleza.

We are a family of 2+2. Children are 14 & 11.

You are paying 3400/-.

What is your family strength?

How much will I have to pay?
Old 29th June 2014, 17:09   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I too am looking at Beleza.

What is your family strength?

How much will I have to pay?
We are just 2 (Me and my wife)!
But, they charge according to the number of rooms and not according to the number of people I think. But, extra beds if required would be chargeable!
Old 30th June 2014, 00:07   #395
BHPian

Quote:
I will stay near the Naval Station near the airport for two days.
Can you pl suggest one or two big beaches near that place?
Hey skdking, the closest one is obviously the Bogmalo beach. There is one more beach at Vasco, the once upon a time ill famed Baina beach which has shed it's earlier avatar and is tourist friendly one. But only locals frequent this beach and nothing flattering either about this place.

Bogmalo beach is a fine small beach of about 200 metres length with quite a few shacks on the beach ( I mean the permanent ones, not the seasonal one's who set up shop in Oct/Nov).

Then there is Hollant beach. this is also about 6-7 Kms from Airport (on the same road as to Bogmalo beach but you take a left diversion a couple of km earlier. both are adjacent beaches). But Hollant is a special beach in Goa. You can watch sunrise at this beach ( the beach faces east ) and then this is the safest beach in Goa. there are no big waves in this beach ( it is sort of enclosed type) and one can wade in water to even 50-75 meters with waist high sea water. so a non swimmer is safe in waters here.
Both the beaches are worth a visit.

The above beaches are small beaches. In Goa the beaches just overlap one another. so if you mean big beaches in terms of toursit number then it is Colva in South and Calangute in North.
Now in south Goa, Colva is flanked by other beaches --Benaulim, Varca, Cavelossim-Mobor to its south and Betalbatim-Majorda-Utorda-Cansauli to north. It is one long stretch. For touristy thing you go to Colva, for exclusiveness / privacy you can go to Majorda beach or Benaulim beach.

In the North Goa it is the same, Calangute is the largest in terms tourist attendance while Candolim, Baga, are the same beaches just south and north of calangute respectively. Calangute is by far the largest beach here and is connected by city bus shuttle.

If you are looking for more exclusiveness you can try Agonda or Palolem / Patnem down south ( almost at Canacona) or in north there is Mandrem /Arambol All these beaches are frequented by foreigners more than Indians.

So 2 beaches near Naval station - Bogmalo and Hollant (less then 10 Kms)
2 big beaches - Colva in south and Calangute in North (Colva-20 Kms, Calangute -45 Kms)
a bit exclusive - All others mentioned above other than these beaches. North beaches are generally happening places like Baga, Anjuna ( Wednesday flea market is a must see here), Vagator while south beaches like Benaulim or Cavelossim or Majorda are relatively quite and tranquil ( like laze on a sundeck, read a novel sipping a beer types)

Water sports activities like speed boats, parasail, Jetski etc wont be ready yet in September end. It takes a little longer for those activities to start. But it is the end of Monsoon with occasional rain and lots of green everywhere and perhaps the best time to visit Goa (if one is not keen on water sports)

and regarding the family strength, generally these resorts take 2+1 max ( Parents with a Kid) per normal room. that is an extra bed is provided at an additional tariff. As a family you can request them to provide 2 additional mattress for extra tariff and they should oblige ( as long as you can manage with the space congestion in the room) and remember the resort administration will make some kit kit that it is not allowed and all. Put your foot down and ask for 2 mattress in the same room, they will relent.

Take your pick, Regards, Ashok

Last edited by ashkamath : 30th June 2014 at 00:22.
ashkamath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 21:26   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Hey skdking,
Regards, Ashok

Hey Ashok,

You are a walking Goa encyclopedia. Applaud to you.

I am in the process of crystallizing my itinerary now.

I want to stay for a day or two on a south Goa beach. The budget is 2500-3000 INR per room per day.

Can you suggest some options?

On internet I came across this Groupon list.

http://getaways.groupon.co.in/goa

Any place strikes a chord.

Thanks in advance.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 00:43   #397
BHPian

Quote:
I want to stay for a day or two on a south Goa beach. The budget is 2500-3000 .
Hey thanks for your kind words. I just happen to stay in Goa and provide some inputs that possibly could help some friend here.
Regarding your stay, I believed that you firmed up with Beleza? Or are you looking for mor e options?
Regards, Ashok
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 12:54   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for your kind words. I just happen to stay in Goa and provide some inputs that possibly could help some friend here.
Regarding your stay, I believed that you firmed up with Beleza? Or are you looking for mor e options?
Regards, Ashok
Thanks for the lightning reply, Ashok.

I am staying in a Govt accommodation near the airport for a major part of my stay.

I want to stay on a beach for a day or two.

Watch the setting sun..etc.

How is Beleza?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks a lot.
Old 6th July 2014, 16:48   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks
Regards, Ashok
Hey Ashok,

One more thing.

Another option I have is to go to a beach in the morning by about 1000 hr, take a room on hire only for the daytime i.e. till 1800 hr, and come back to my accommodation near the airport for the night.

Do some resorts allow you to use their facilities on payment without staying there?

Thanks as ever, Ashok.
Old 6th July 2014, 19:26   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Do some resorts allow you to use their facilities on payment without staying there?
Hey skdking. I need to find out about that. I am out of Goa and travelling now.
I will revert to you as soon as I return back to Goa.
Regards, Ashok
Old 20th July 2014, 14:03   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Hey skdking. I need to find out about that. I am out of Goa and travelling now.
I will revert to you as soon as I return back to Goa.
Regards, Ashok
Dear Ashok,

Have booked in Marriott. Only two days, though.

Balance days (two) shall be spent at the government facility which I had booked earlier.

Thanks for the inputs.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 16:03   #402
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I stay in Goa and have studied at the Mumbai University, so most of my friends happen to be from Mumbai, Delhi, etc. Many of the times when they happen to travel to Goa, they ask about the resorts here. Most of them are somehow under the impression that a Goan knows everything about the resorts, places and the roads here and can find good deals with the hotels.

Many a times i too get similar requests for a review of some hotel or booking of the same. But like everyone else I too have to check out their websites and book for them.

During a recent request from a friend, I happen to check out some holiday accommodation on olx.com. Many places are listed with kitchen and swimming pool facilities at very good prices. Anyone coming to Goa can definitely check those out if he is ok with the no frills experience.
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:51   #403
Senior - BHPian

I need some help with the roads in South Goa.

Two of my friends and I have booked a room at Beleza By The Beach. We plan to take self-drive Wagon R from airport to hotel, and back after 2 days. Google Maps shows this shortest route:
Name:  option 1.png
Views: 2087
Size:  172.3 KB

I am familiar with this route, through the highway:
Name:  option 2.png
Views: 1366
Size:  164.2 KB

I will prefer to take the first option (to avoid going anywhere close to where my family stays in Gogol). Usually the interiors roads in Goa aren't as bad as they are, say, in Bangalore. How is this road? Will it really take as much as Google says?
Old 22nd August 2014, 15:33   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I need some help with the roads in South Goa.

I will prefer to take the first option (to avoid going anywhere close to where my family stays in Gogol). Usually the interiors roads in Goa aren't as bad as they are, say, in Bangalore. How is this road? Will it really take as much as Google says?
Hi Rohan, the first option is also called the coastal route is an absolute delight. No potholes except for an odd rough section here and there for a few meters and a few soft humps (you can nicely glide over some of these road humps), but silky smooth all the way to the airport. Just take this road.. Have no second thoughts

The distance is actually less than 20 Kms, it could be about 15-17 Kms max and will take about 20-25 Min drive.
Once you come out of airport and driving along the 17B highway ( towards the Madgao direction) after about 4 or 5 Kms you will find a Sign board - Majorda Beach. take a right at that point and again left to join the coastal road.

Still easy to remember is while driving look out for the BITS PILANI Goa Campus on your left. after passing that take the right at second median break (which is about 2 Kms or so). immediately after 50 mtrs you will come across a T junction. take left there and just follow the road. It will take you through Cansaulim ( take right a Cansaulim circle) and pass the railway crossing, then you will pass through Majorda. then Betalbatim and your resort.

Last edited by ashkamath : 22nd August 2014 at 15:42.
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:06   #405
Senior - BHPian

Has any one recently stayed at this place? Looking for some feedback. Acacia Palms Resort

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks