Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 00:18   #406
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Has any one recently stayed at this place? Looking for some feedback. Acacia Palms Resort
Its located right on the Colva Beach. Interiors have been recently updated. However cannot comment on the staying experience.
Old 8th September 2014, 00:47   #407
BHPian

Has anyone used airbnb.com for acco in goa?

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 8th September 2014, 10:42   #408
BHPian

ashkamath was supposed to have completed the T-BHP Goa guide, and made that as a sticky! His Goa knowledge base is vast and it must be tapped in a standard fashion.

Mods: Please consider consolidating ashkamath's posts into a one single sticky. People can post questions, once they complete going through the questions that have already been answered.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:28   #409
BHPian

Guys, need some help here.
I am planning a new year trip to Goa with family. Can Goa regulars/ locals here provide some information about stay options in Calangute or Baga. I know the rates shoot through the roof during the Xmass New year week and so do not want to get conned into a poor property by paying a very high price.

I have stayed in GTDC Calangute Residency earlier during my last 2 visits in the same period and had not checked out any other resort. But even GTDC charges a premium rate of 6000+ per night. So wanted to check whether one can get something similar or better at a similar or lesser price point. Priorities are clean rooms, parking place and beach location. Oh! and I hate those compulsory gala dinner charges of 3-4k per person that even some of those ramshackle guest houses impose on new years eve.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:31   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Oh! and I hate those compulsory gala dinner charges of 3-4k per person that even some of those ramshackle guest houses impose on new years eve.
OT here- If you are going to stay during the new years or Xmas, I don't think you can avoid these charges. Almost all the hotels I have browsed on the net mention that these charges are compulsory. Not sure, if any hotel would let go of this opportunity to earn some fast money.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:51   #411
BHPian

Quote:
OT here- If you are going to stay during the new years or Xmas, I don't think you can avoid these charges. Almost all the hotels I have browsed on the net mention that these charges are compulsory. Not sure, if any hotel would let go of this opportunity to earn some fast money.
Fully agree. But what I don't like is the run down guest houses / motels charging this. That's why I've always stayed in GTDC properties whenever I've visited on my own and not on a company paid trip.
But wanted a change of place this time around and as I did not check out any other resort during my previous visits, I don't know whether I can trust the makemytrip pictures that are posted by some of those seedy places quoting 4-5k per night. Of course, the 5 stars that I've stayed on company paid trips are way way over the budget for a self paid trip during this time period. So was looking for some budget options in not so budget price of around 4-5k per night.:banghead:

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 9th September 2014 at 16:53.
Old 9th September 2014, 17:01   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Heritage Village Resort at Arossim yet (near Cansaulim, not very far from the Park Hyatt in South Goa). This is a family-friendly resort adjoining the beach with a very good pool and very decent rooms. They offer an all-inclusive package that is very competitive- 3 meals a day, drinks, half day's sight-seeing etc. all included. In off-season they even offer a fourth night stay free with every 3 nights stayed.

Visited there in May when we got 4 nights for a couple (children are free) for 16K odd, all inclusive. Going again in Diwali week when the charges are 19K for 3 nights, all inclusive. Which is not bad at all, considering!

Last edited by noopster : 9th September 2014 at 17:34. Reason: Edit: Corrected location- thanks!
Old 9th September 2014, 17:29   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Heritage Village Resort at Arossim yet (near Candolim, not very far from the Park Hyatt in South Goa)
I guess you meant Cansaulim and not Candolim.

Heritage Village
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 17:36   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Surprised that nobody has mentioned Heritage Village Resort at Arossim yet (near Candolim, not very far from the Park Hyatt in South Goa)............Visited there in May when we got 4 nights for a couple (children are free) for 16K odd, all inclusive. Going again in Diwali week when the charges are 19K for 3 nights, all inclusive. Which is not bad at all, considering!
If its located at Arossim, then it'd be near Cansaulim I suppose, and not Candolim. Or am I missing something...
Anyways, can you share any contact details of the place and do you have any idea about the pricing in the Xmass New year week?
Though I'd like a place around Calangute Baga area as I like the carnival atmosphere on new years night with the fireworks and all, but still am not averse to other peaceful places.

Edit: Thanks, mpksuhas for clarifying the location.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 9th September 2014 at 17:38.
Old 12th September 2014, 17:09   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has any one recently stayed at this place? Looking for some feedback. Acacia Palms Resort
I am planning to book this place for 4 days. Any experiences?

Any good resort, close to beach, in south goa?
Old 12th September 2014, 17:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am planning to book this place for 4 days. Any experiences?

Any good resort, close to beach, in south goa?
I am going there towards the end of this month. So can post reviews post that. Tripadvisor has some pretty good ratings for this place and hence I booked here.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 18:10   #417
BHPian

Nazri Resorts on Baga Beach near TiTos is fine place to stay. Stayed there on last Goa trip. Prices are reasonable and serives are fine too.
Old 12th September 2014, 20:02   #418
BHPian

In Baga, we have always stayed in Cavala Hotel, they are pretty detailed on their website and can be looked up through google

We have been staying there for almost 7 yrs. and can vouch for it, pretty classy and boutique environment. Between Baga and Calungute. For Baga no need to take the car, just walk down. It is also a popular joint for the locals for live music and jazz

Do check..

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 14th September 2014, 11:26   #419
BHPian

Guys, We would be in Goa the whole of next week! .
We would be staying at 'beleza by the beach' in south Goa for the first 3 days!
We plan to go on a tour of south Goa on one of the days! I do a lot of photography and what are the most photogenic and not to miss churches and other places in south Goa?

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 14th September 2014 at 11:29.
Old 14th September 2014, 11:52   #420
Senior - BHPian

We are two families planning to travel to Goa in the Diwali week in October this year. We are looking for accomodation (two rooms) for a budget of around 20k for four days. The budget could be stretched by a few thousdands if the property is really good.

Any suggestions within this budget for this period in South Goa? Preference would be to a place nearer the beach, but if the budget has to be stretched too much for it, we may go for something more inland too.

If not in South Goa, then the next option would be North Goa.

The place has to be family-friendly, clean with good vegetarian food and good service.

Most Viewed