Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 14:09   #451
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Guys,

My retired parents are travelling to GOA by train in the third week on Sep.

Can anyone recommend reliable clean hotels in MAO or VASCO ? Since they are aged, would it be possible to get the accommodation nearby the station ? This would be their first trip to relax in Goa.

Will wait for your kind inputs
Old 8th October 2015, 17:31   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
We are two families planning to travel to Goa in the Diwali week in October this year. We are looking for accomodation (two rooms) for a budget of around 20k for four days. The budget could be stretched by a few thousdands if the property is really good.

Any suggestions within this budget for this period in South Goa? Preference would be to a place nearer the beach, but if the budget has to be stretched too much for it, we may go for something more inland too.

If not in South Goa, then the next option would be North Goa.

The place has to be family-friendly, clean with good vegetarian food and good service.
Sorry to barge in like this honeybee. Could you provide pointers on where you ended up staying in the end, how was the stay etc? I might be driving from Pune to Goa either in the end of October, or in mid-November with wifey and our 5 and 1 year olds, so cleanliness is a big deal for me.

Any pointers would be welcome.
Old 8th October 2015, 20:20   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Sorry to barge in like this honeybee. Could you provide pointers on where you ended up staying in the end, how was the stay etc? I might be driving from Pune to Goa either in the end of October, or in mid-November with wifey and our 5 and 1 year olds, so cleanliness is a big deal for me.

If budget is not an issue, you might want to stay at Taj or other 5 star places.
We got a fantastic deal last october for about 35K for 3 nights (BF + 1 mean included). it was easily the best vacation we had (in India)..
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 23:41   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post

I stayed at Novotel, nice, clean, but it's a four or five star property. Has a gym and a smallish swimming pool, free Internet in the lobby etc. Its about 3kms from the Candolim beach.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 17:21   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
If budget is not an issue, you might want to stay at Taj or other 5 star places.
We got a fantastic deal last october for about 35K for 3 nights (BF + 1 mean included). it was easily the best vacation we had (in India)..
Thanks for the inputs Equus. Funnily me and family are sworn fans of the Taj at Panaji, we had a 5 day vacation there same time last year. As with you, we had the best vacation of our lives, the place is awesome with great service and food to die for, just wish the swimming pool was indoors, but hey you cant have then all.

This year however some untoward personal circumstances and the fact that we are planning 3 holidays in the year, we decided to go on a budget holiday to Goa. I have currently booked Angels Resort in Alto Parvorim. Will let you know my experience when I am back by the end of the month.

Quote:
I stayed at Novotel, nice, clean, but it's a four or five star property. Has a gym and a smallish swimming pool, free Internet in the lobby etc. Its about 3kms from the Candolim beach.
Thanks for the input honeybee. As mentioned it would normally be bang in the budget range (although I have a feeling Taj may win), but for this year its beyond budget. But it will keep it on my list for more relaxed holidays to come.
Old 9th October 2015, 18:59   #456
Senior - BHPian

No problems. Novotel was a bit out of my budget too, but hey! It was me and my wife taking a break in six years!
It was fun watching the parking attendant driving my Nano, in company of all the other bigger cars :-D

Any reputed hotel should generally be good, I think.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 12:12   #457
BHPian

Quote:
No problems. Novotel was a bit out of my budget too, but hey! It was me and my wife taking a break in six years!
It was fun watching the parking attendant driving my Nano, in company of all the other bigger cars :-D
ah you so reminded of my stay at the Taj at Panaji, I had the exact same feeling every time I entered the welcome area in my Santro. The interesting experience with the missed Chorla turn from Belgaum and the journey through non-existent roads at midnight with 2 kids in tow, played a major part in our decision to upgrade our car immediately.

Hopefully this time I will not miss the turn to the Chorla Ghat and the Jetta will not disappoint! The kids have car seats too, so should be comfortable and sleep through most of the journey hopefully.
Old 16th October 2015, 17:28   #458
Senior - BHPian

Heading to Goa from 14th to 17th November. Booked the Radisson Candolim. Reviews on tripadvisor are a mixed lot, but went ahead and booked it as I have points to be utilised.

Travelling with 2 kids. Not having high expectations but hope the stay is decent. This trip is mainly to relax, depending on how much time my 6 & 3 year old's give us to relax.

Any suggestions on Veg food? I do not need pure veg joints. But need to know where I can find good veg food (decent spread)
Old 26th October 2015, 23:09   #459
BHPian

Hey,

Planning to drive to Goa from Kochi this December. I was wondering which route to pick. And the condition of roads
Old 27th October 2015, 10:06   #460
vdi
BHPian

Roads all the way till Kanhangad is good on KL side and there is no road until you hit KA border. No issues on NH17 all the way though road widening work is going on not hitting the existing road.
vdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:03   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post

Any suggestions on Veg food? I do not need pure veg joints. But need to know where I can find good veg food (decent spread)
You do not need to hunt for Vegetarian joints near North Goa Beaches. There are plenty of them.

Try Shree Ganga or Shree Sagar for pure veg. Others do serve pure veg cuisines including Jain food.

All good hotels including Radisson would have separate Vegetarian section, so you can enjoy your Buffet without any worries.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 10:38   #462
BHPian

During a recent visit to Goa we stayed at Michelles garden in at Anjuna and it is an amazing place to stay.

She has 2 big rooms and 2 small rooms. First 2 days we stayed in the small garden room and the last day we stayed at one of the bigger rooms.

It is an extremely well maintained, lush green property. It has pet cats and dogs who are quite friendly, cats are over friendly i'll say :-) Its a very quite place.

Michelle is an amazing host and she has ensured the property is beautifully maintained, clean and has a very positive vibe to it.

For the small room we paid 2100 rs per night for 2 people including breakfast, the bigger rooms cost us I think rs 3000, not too sure of this figure. This is all inclusive price for 2 people per night including next day breakfast which was delicious. This place is at a 5 min walking distance from German Bakery.

More info about this place is available on Trip Adviser.

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151108_110542.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151108_110547.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151108_111637.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151110_120156.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151110_120259.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151110_120308.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151110_120310.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151110_122049.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151110_122051.jpg

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-img_20151110_122058.jpg
Dieselritzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 16:46   #463
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to visit Goa from Nov 27-29 to attend a family function at Shree Ramnath Prasanna temple, near Ponda.

Could anyone suggest good resorts near this place? I can't afford a 5*, but don't want a B&B either

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 19th November 2015, 18:45   #464
BHPian

Last November, i took a package from Fortune Select Regina @Candolim. The package (4D/3N) had Breakfast and Lunch/Dinner along with Half Day sightseeing. Candolim is one of the best places to stay incase you want to explore the night life and food joints. Another advantage is that rental cars/scooters are available next to the hotel premises.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 19th November 2015 at 18:48. Reason: Additional Info
Old 19th November 2015, 19:01   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I am planning to visit Goa from Nov 27-29 to attend a family function at Shree Ramnath Prasanna temple, near Ponda.

Could anyone suggest good resorts near this place? I can't afford a 5*, but don't want a B&B either

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram
Hey Vikram,
For you I'd suggest you can try Hotel Sun Inn, its not a typical overpriced resort but a good clean Hotel and very close to the temple too.

Do not know how I missed this thread where I can actually be useful, any members want any advise about Goa feel free to ask here or PM me.
richie4u is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks