Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2018, 12:48   #586
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

4 college friends planning a trip to goa in second half of Sept 2018. 3 nights. Just want to relax good food and some serenity. Please suggest some good places hotels and villas etc. Also some one recommended Assagao area any hotel suggestion would be great for that too.
Old 3rd September 2018, 13:00   #587
Senior - BHPian

Need suggestion for a good hotel near Goa airport.

I am travelling to Goa in the middle of October and booked 4 nights in Novotel Dona Sylvia Resort in Cavolessim beach. However, since I am reaching Goa on Friday night around 10 PM, I wanted a good hotel near the airport for the night stay.

I am thinking to book the Bogmallo beach resort which is very near to the airport. Any other suggestions?
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:05   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

I am travelling to Goa in the middle of October and booked 4 nights in Novotel Dona Sylvia Resort in Cavolessim beach. However, since I am reaching Goa on Friday night around 10 PM, I wanted a good hotel near the airport for the night stay.

I am thinking to book the Bogmallo beach resort which is very near to the airport. Any other suggestions?
I've heard Bogmallo is a little run down. Depending on your budget, you could look at a couple of places within 30 min of the airport - like Park Hyatt which has excellent rooms and food (though it could be pricey depending on your dates).

Alternately, just drive down directly to the hotel and check in as there will be little traffic at night.
Old 3rd September 2018, 20:03   #589
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, mate.
I will probably head off to Novotel in that case. It should be reachable in 45-50 mins in the night. Just asking if it's safe to travel late in the night, considering I will be with family.

Another reason to stay at a different hotel was to just checkout a different place
Old 3rd September 2018, 20:15   #590
Lij
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest the Coconut Creek Resort in Bogmallo, have seen all good reviews on TripAdvisor and I had also short listed it on one of my previous trips (although didn't end up staying there).
Old 5th September 2018, 18:11   #591
BHPian

Has anyone stayed at Regenta Resort at Varca? Any reviews would be appreciated. TripAdvisor has all good reviews. Though I have learnt from past experience that not to trust those.
Old 24th September 2018, 10:53   #592
Senior - BHPian

I have booked 5 nights in Novotel Dyna Sylvia resort in Cavolessim beach.
Planning to visit some nearby beaches like Palolem and Agonda. Any suggestions for some off beat or different attractions other than beaches for day trip?
Old 28th September 2018, 19:17   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for some off beat or different attractions other than beaches for day trip?
Since you are put up at Cavolessim, you can plan a try to the Dudhsagar falls. It should be around 2-hour drive from your place.

Also, you can ask your resort guys for diving options as well. That would be another interesting activity apart from beach hopping.
Old 28th September 2018, 20:37   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to visit some nearby beaches like Palolem and Agonda. Any suggestions for some off beat or different attractions other than beaches for day trip?
From Cavelossim proceed south via Betul to Cabo Da Rama -- Cola beach -- Agonda ---Palolem road highway junction (Chaudi)- Canacona - Bhatpal (towards Karwar 5 kms) - take left at Bhatpal to Netrauli 35 kms - Bammon water falls - Tanshikar Spice farm - Bubbling pond (budbudyanchi taley) - lunch at Tanshikar spice farm - Netrauli water falls - Selaulim Dam -Margao - Colva - Cavelossim.

The above circuit is a one day off beat route. Try it out.
ashkamath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 14:27   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Check out Cola Beach. One of the only few beaches in Goa that isn't mainstream yet.
Old 11th November 2018, 15:07   #596
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any stay recommendation within the budget of 3-4k around varca/ Benaulim.

Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 17:31   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Hi Guys,

Any stay recommendation within the budget of 3-4k around varca/ Benaulim.

Thanks
I stayed at Dunhill Beach Resort (http://dunhillbeachresort.in) this Diwali week at Agonda beach. A very nice place and should fit into your budget. I have stayed at Varca beach before and I liked Agonda more. Agonda is an hours drive south from Varca.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 17:34   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I stayed at Dunhill Beach Resort (http://dunhillbeachresort.in) this Diwali week at Agonda beach. A very nice place and should fit into your budget. I have stayed at Varca beach before and I liked Agonda more. Agonda is an hours drive south from Varca.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did checkout the Dunhill resort, all the beach facing cottages were booked. others were small in size.

I ended up staying in Agonda holiday homes (cottage) and paid 2000 rs per night. Recommended place if you can get the first cottage, as it is quiet big in size.
Old 26th November 2018, 09:57   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I did checkout the Dunhill resort, all the beach facing cottages were booked. others were small in size.
Ya, their cottages are in high demand. As my kid is just one and half year old, we stayed in the Upper Courtyard room which is just across the road.
Old 28th November 2018, 15:06   #600
Team-BHP Support

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Goa in January to take part in a Triathlon event that is taking place in Cidade De Goa in Panjim. I am looking for a good beach resort either in Panjim area or Candolim area with a budget of 5K to 6K a night for 5 nights stay.

Please suggest some good options.

Most Viewed