Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 17:03   #271
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
This is one possibility:
Sakaleshapura-Mudigere-Kottigehara-Kalasa-Horanadu-Kalasa-Kudremukha-SKBorder-Sringeri-Koppa-Tirthahalli.

If you have not decided where to stay in Tirthahalli, I recommend Bananki home stay (thanks to Fauji). Please also make it a point to visit KuVemPu's birth place Kuppali, which comes along the way. Please read Fauji's travelogue on several places to visit in this lovely region.
Thanks Prasad.

Yes, I'm staying at Bananki (thanks to Fauji for inspiring this trip plan as well as suggestions for Kadamane and Bananki)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
The route from Kadamane would be Kadamane-Hanbal-Jannapura-Mudigere Handpost-Kottigehara-Baaloor-Kalasa-Horanadu-Kalasa-Kudremukha-SKBorder-Sringeri-Koppa-Tirthahalli

Apparently there is new road from Horanadu to Sringeri. Check with locals if it is good for sedans. This will be way shorter than going through Kudremukha.
Thanks Addy. Will enquire about the new road for Horanadu-Sringeri.

Now for rest of the plan:
During next 2 days, from Tirthahalli I plan to visit these places. Please suggest the plan with order of visits over 2 days.
Sringeri, Agumbe, Sirimane waterfalls, Bardana waterfalls, Hanumangundi waterfalls, Kundadri and Kuppali.
Some questions:
Regarding the waterfalls - are they easily accessible (have an 8 old daughter).
Regarding Kundadri - how are the road conditions ? Is it very steep and can it be done in a sedan ?
Please add any other places I'm missing in this list.

Last edited by NPV : 1st December 2012 at 17:21.
Old 1st December 2012, 18:06   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV
Some questions:
Regarding Kundadri - how are the road conditions ? Is it very steep and can it be done in a sedan ?
Assuming you have 3 full days from the time you wake up at Kadumane estate Samleshpura:
1. Sakleshpura to Hornadu. Visit temple and take Kudremukha road to Sringeri. Hanumangundi falls is in same way towards your right. Few steps to go down. No adventure. Then you will get Kigga just few kms before Sringeri and take right to Sirimane falls. No prob for kids. Then by evng you can reqch Sringeri take darshan and reach homestay via koppa.
2. Morning, you can do kuppalli, then via Megaravalli you can reach Kundadri. Hill is steep but no problems to climb. Spend some time and ensure you come down and reach sunset spot for sunset and back to Tirthahalli homestay. I dono about other water falls.
3. If you have another day, you can plan to do other surrounding places near Tirthahalli or relax!!
SharathScorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 18:31   #273
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharathScorp View Post
Assuming you have 3 full days from the time you wake up at Kadumane estate Samleshpura:
3. If you have another day, you can plan to do other surrounding places near Tirthahalli or relax!!
Thanks Sharath.
I have 3 days at Thirthahalli including the drive day from Kadame (Sakleshpura) to Thirthahalli so I think I can do most of these places in a relaxed manner.
Old 1st December 2012, 20:02   #274
BHPian

Quote:

@prasad, did you happen to take this road? I think I had suggested this to you (or was it someone else?) in some other thread. Nobody has updated on this though.
No addyhemmige. I heard about this route in Kottigehara while going. When I enquired in Horanadu, many people didn't know about it. And the only person who knew about it scared us by telling that there are too many unmarked forks and said that it'd be difficult for us to find the right turns. The previous day, when we were just about to enter Bisle, one of the Bullets got punctured and we had lost 3.5hrs, so we were not ready for another adventure. After coming back, I mentioned about this road and you wrote about it. I doubt whether any BHPian has tried this route recently. NPV could be the first BHPian!

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:40   #275
BHPian

Quote:
It will take few more years to reach a stage where the govt/temple owned hotels will allow online booking.
Prasad
Thanks Prasad.
After our weekend deep discussion, plan is little bit changed and now we have only 3 days with us for this tour due to a family function to attend.

We plan to first visit Sringeri then Dharmastala and then Kukke Subramanya.

Can you please guide me on the detailed route directions to Sringeri from Bangalore and also from Sringeri to Dharmastala?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 3rd December 2012, 09:12   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Can you please guide me on the detailed route directions to Sringeri from Bangalore and also from Sringeri to Dharmastala?
It would be possibly this:
1. Bangalore-Hassan-Belur-Chickmagalur-Aldur-Sringeri
(If you can bear some 20kms of not so great roads, from Belur, you could
reach Aldur via Gendehalli).

2. Sringeri-SK Border-Bajegoli-Belthangandy-Ujire-Dharmasthala (102kms)
Or
Sringeri-Balehonnur-Kottigehara-Charmadi-Ujire-Dharmasthala (120 kms,
if you want to enjoy Charmadi ghats)

3. Dharmsthala-Gundya-Kukke-Gundya-Sakaleshapura-Bangalore (standard)

Hope this helps,

Prasad
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:42   #277
BHPian

Quote:

Or

Hope this helps,

Prasad
Thanks Prasad for the details.This sure helps.

Regards,
Ramki
Old 4th December 2012, 08:27   #278
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently there is new road from Horanadu to Sringeri. Check with locals if it is good for sedans. This will be way shorter than going through Kudremukha.
Quote:
No addyhemmige. I heard about this route in Kottigehara while going. When I enquired in Horanadu, many people didn't know about it. And the only person who knew about it scared us by telling that there are too many unmarked forks and said that it'd be difficult for us to find the right turns. The previous day, when we were just about to enter Bisle, one of the Bullets got punctured and we had lost 3.5hrs, so we were not ready for another adventure.
1. Addy, Prasad - gmaps now shows this route from Horanadu to Sringeri (this is not via Kalasa/Kudremukha but via Sollebail). Could this be the new road that you guys mentioned ?

2. Also, for Sringeri-Koppa, I see 4 possible routes (#2 is a longer variant of #1 and #4 is a longer variant of 3). Which of these is recommended ?
Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries-sringerikoppa-options.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 4th December 2012 at 08:48. Reason: Adding Sringeri-Koppa route options
Old 4th December 2012, 10:00   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
1. Addy, Prasad - gmaps now shows this route from Horanadu to Sringeri (this is not via Kalasa/Kudremukha but via Sollebail). Could this be the new road that you guys mentioned ?
No idea. Addy would be the best person. Any non-Kudremukha, non-Baalehonnuru road sounds exciting. Feel like taking my bullet and exploring!

Quote:
2. Also, for Sringeri-Koppa, I see 4 possible routes (#2 is a longer variant of #1 and #4 is a longer variant of 3). Which of these is recommended ?
Attachment 1022050
Definitely #1. Its a National Highway to Solapur (I think).

Prasad

Prasad
Old 4th December 2012, 10:36   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No idea. Addy would be the best person. Any non-Kudremukha, non-Baalehonnuru road sounds exciting. Feel like taking my bullet and exploring!

Prasad

Prasad
Another good route which goes along Tunga and has some pretty water falls on the way is via Kalasa - Balehole- Basarikkate - Sringeri. Wehn we drove on this in August last year, 20 KMs after Kalasa was bad. If is repaired, one can take that option as well.
Old 4th December 2012, 10:42   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Prasad.

Yes, I'm staying at Bananki (thanks to Fauji for inspiring this trip plan as well as suggestions for Kadamane and Bananki)

Thanks Addy. Will enquire about the new road for Horanadu-Sringeri.

Now for rest of the plan:
During next 2 days, from Tirthahalli I plan to visit these places. Please suggest the plan with order of visits over 2 days.
Sringeri, Agumbe, Sirimane waterfalls, Bardana waterfalls, Hanumangundi waterfalls, Kundadri and Kuppali.
Some questions:
You have missed out Kavale Durga, Nagara fort and Linganamakki Backwaters near Nittur, Mani reservoir all of which can be done from Tirthahalli. Enjoy beautiful sunrise at Navilukallu gudda which is close to Bananki.

A new folk museaum has come up very close to Kuppali. When you go to Kuppali, it is diagonally opposite at the junction where you take a turn to Kuppali. worth visiting. The colourful walls are inviting. You will not miss out.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 12:11   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1022050
I'm not sure where this new road joins near Sringeri.

Route #1 easily. The road is good and if you have time (daylight), you can visit Kuppalli before you reach Thirthalli.

Quote:
I have traveled on this road in 2010 and it was only half complete then. After that, I have not managed to visit Horanadu. Even I'm very curious about the state of this road now, hence my post on it. I've posted some pics in the link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2079591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Another good route which goes along Tunga and has some pretty water falls on the way is via Kalasa - Balehole- Basarikkate - Sringeri. Wehn we drove on this in August last year, 20 KMs after Kalasa was bad. If is repaired, one can take that option as well.
This is actually a very beautiful drive. I have been on this road a couple of times and loved it. But the road condition was bad when I drove there last (4-5 years ago, I think). It is time consuming though.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 20:52   #283
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige
I'm not sure where this new road joins near Sringeri.
Horanadu-Sringeri 'new' route - just trying to do some homework since I have few days more before the trip. Trying to find out more about this route from friends and contacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige
Route #1 easily. The road is good and if you have time (daylight), you can visit Kuppalli before you reach Thirthalli.
Quote:
Thanks guys. Reason I asked about the 4 possible routes from Sringeri to Koppa is because addy had mentioned that the signs in Sringeri for Koppa route take you onto a road that is in bad condition, so which of the 4 is that one ?

Quote:
I'd love to take a scenic route but am also wary of any off-road type of conditions since I'll be driving a sedan.

Quote:
You have missed out Kavale Durga, Nagara fort and Linganamakki Backwaters near Nittur, Mani reservoir all of which can be done from Tirthahalli. Enjoy beautiful sunrise at Navilukallu gudda which is close to Bananki.

A new folk museaum has come up very close to Kuppali. When you go to Kuppali, it is diagonally opposite at the junction where you take a turn to Kuppali. worth visiting. The colourful walls are inviting. You will not miss out.
Thank you sir, had forgotten to note these down earlier, some of there are also listed on Bananki's website. Thanks for the pointer on the folk museum.

Last edited by NPV : 4th December 2012 at 20:53.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:25   #284
BHPian

Quote:

Or

Hope this helps,

Prasad
Hi Prasad,

Is there a route where i can take the Hassan bypass road and reach belur road? Wanted to avoid city, hence the query.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 12th December 2012, 10:37   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi Prasad,

Is there a route where i can take the Hassan bypass road and reach belur road? Wanted to avoid city, hence the query.

Thanks,
Ramki
Check the following link for options.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2934253

But do not take the road between points C and D as it has been dug up now.

The bad stretch in Hassan city is 2.5 kms. You cannot avoid the bad stretch anyway, the best option currently would be to take the bypass, turn right at Gorur road junction (left goes to Gorur), take left at Santhepet circle. But, this road is crowded and full of trucks and bullock carts, especially if you are traveling on a tuesday (shandy day)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks