Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 15:30   #406
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Update after my trip:

I tried all 3 routes (Charmady, Shirady & Bisle) during my 4 day trip. I will try to post a more detailed report, but here is the short gist for anyone planning a trip soon.

Charmady was awesome. The road is smooth as butter and no potholes anywhere. There was almost no traffic when I did this on Friday. It was so much fun to drive.

Shirady was probably the worst among all 3 routes. Lot of road work going on. There were many potholes and the road from Hassan to Sakleshpur was bad. But with road work going on, the roads could be good pretty soon. There is lot of truck traffic on this road though, so better to avoid, if possible.

Bisle was good for most of the way, but there were some bad patches after Bisle village. There is around 1-2 kms , where there is no road, and it is just a mud track. This is also the road which is the narrowest, but there is very little traffic here.

For people who can't get accommodation at Dharmasthala, it looks like there is a newly opened hotel named Adithya View on the Dharmasthala-Kukke route, just 4 kms from the temple. We were originally planning to stay at Kukke, but cancelled that booking and stayed here, after we saw it on the way. The hotel is really good and value for money for the facilities being offered.

The inner roads all along the ghats are super awesome. Some roads were so smooth that I was wondering if my tyres would grip the surface if I braked suddenly . For instance, the road from Gundya to the gateway of Kukke Subramanya, was so good, I felt like driving in a dream.

The road through Kudremukh forest was bad compared to the other roads nearby, but it was still manageable.

Neer Dosas are available at the various Udupi hotels that you find on the route from Dharmasthala to Kukke (and they were awesome ). The Nisarga Grand hotel near Charmady didn't have them.
Newpunter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:31   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The road through Kudremukh forest was bad compared to the other roads nearby, but it was still manageable.
Just curious as to why did you use this route? Did you visit Sringeri or Horanadu from Dharmasthala by any chance?
Old 15th March 2021, 22:07   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Just curious as to why did you use this route? Did you visit Sringeri or Horanadu from Dharmasthala by any chance?
I did this route when I went from Horanadu to Udupi directly. Long story, which I hope to cover in my trip report (if I ever get the time to do it ).
Old 11th October 2021, 08:35   #409
Senior - BHPian

Wrong query here, but still asking.

Has anyone been to Kukke recently? I want to know if a double vaccination certificate is enough or does the temple management still insist on a negative RTPCR report? We are looking for just the normal darshan.
Old 14th October 2021, 22:54   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Wrong query here, but still asking.

Has anyone been to Kukke recently? I want to know if a double vaccination certificate is enough or does the temple management still insist on a negative RTPCR report? We are looking for just the normal darshan.
Quoting myself - I visited today. Left home at 5 am, finished Darshan and got back home at 5 pm today.

Took the Blr-Kunigal-CR Patna, Holenarsipur, Arkalgud, Shanivarsanthe, Bisle ghats both ways.

The NICE road perhaps qualifies as the worst tolled road in our country. Manual mode and queues aside, the roads are broken in many places till Tumkur Road exit.

Small bad patches between CR Patna to Holenarsipur. Otherwise, fantastic roads throughout. Quite scenic too.

The temple was crowded. Most were not even wearing masks. Social distancing is out of the window. No one was checking for vaccine certificate or anything when you enter. We were in and out in less than half hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries-eac5c9651ffa4e75b275822edf5d0ccc.jpeg  

Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries-0709f35ea8a7465d9f824f434113db5d.jpeg  

Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries-8b0a71128e1f462e82374a9af09ea552.jpeg  

Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries-25bc4d6081f04583857e2383619c6f01.jpeg  

jkrishnakj is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 13:00   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Took the Blr-Kunigal-CR Patna, Holenarsipur, Arkalgud, Shanivarsanthe, Bisle ghats both ways.
Bisle Ghat route pass through Bisle View Point? How is the road conditions on this stretch?
Old 19th October 2021, 13:58   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Bisle Ghat route pass through Bisle View Point? How is the road conditions on this stretch?
Yes it will since the viewpoint located only after you enter Bisile from Koodurasthe and then pass the checkpost.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 18:02   #413
Senior - BHPian

And the route is very good Johnny.

Smooth ones. Some rough patches here and there, but nothing that will make you stop and crawl. It does get narrow at some places and you’ll need caution at turns, some of the turns are blind spots.
jkrishnakj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:16   #414
BHPian

Wanted to share an update on a quick trip we did to Kukke Subhramanya.
We normally take the Sakleshpura route but last time (in August ) we had a pretty bad experience and we decided to try the Bisle ghat road.

Bangalore to Kukke:
We left home at 3:45AM and reached Kukke by 8:45AM including a couple of pitstops for coffee.
Road from Channaraya Patna to Kukku (vis Bisle) is a single lare road, reminded me of the good old days. I find such roads more interesting and the keep me more alert compared to the new age roads (Bangalore - Hyderabad for e.g.).

Kukke to Bangalore:
I was curious to see the Sakleshpur route. The Clarkson inside me woke up and said "How hard can it be". I regret that decision even as I write this. The road till Hasan is BAD, period. There are stretches where these is no road at all. One good this is we found a nice place to have lunch. Stopped at Rosetta by Ferns, I must say the food and their hospitality is very good (a tad bit expensive 1500+tax for lunch buffet).

Reached home by 7:30.

Mode of Travel:
I dive the new gen Creta petrol IVT. Filled the tank before we left and yet to re-fill to get the mileage details.

Hope this helps.
tckanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 15:44   #415
BHPian

Planning to visit Kukke tomorrow starting from Bangalore by 5:30 AM. Pls suggest which route to take? Plan is to return by evening.
Old 18th February 2022, 15:54   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Planning to visit Kukke tomorrow starting from Bangalore by 5:30 AM. Pls suggest which route to take? Plan is to return by evening.
Kukke via Bisile ghat is the best option.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 16:43   #417
BHPian

Thanks you. How is the road condition? I
Old 19th February 2022, 00:40   #418
Senior - BHPian

I had driven back from Kukke via Bisile-Arkalgud-HN Pura-CR Patna a month ago, less traffic and road condition was good.
Old 3rd March 2022, 09:51   #419
BHPian

Planning to go to Kukke / Dharmasthala this weekend. I see people suggesting Bisle ghat for onward journey and Charmadi ghat for return. Is the Shiradi ghat road still not motorable and bad?
Old 4th March 2022, 10:26   #420
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Bisile ghat is the best option to Kukke.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks