Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 14:07   #181
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Also note at Kolar there is a woodys on the main road, where you can break for Breakfast.
At Chitoor: Bans the Hotel on the by-pass.
Old 20th January 2011, 15:50   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati in march(Telangana issue)

Guys

I am planning to Visit Tirumala from bangalore around Feb end or march, but worried about the Telangana issue breaking out.

Any updates on this ? can i safely plan my travel ?
Old 20th January 2011, 17:34   #183
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati in march(Telangana issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Guys

I am planning to Visit Tirumala from bangalore around Feb end or march, but worried about the Telangana issue breaking out.

Any updates on this ? can i safely plan my travel ?
You are not passing through Telangana for visiting Tirupathi from Bangalore. So you need not be worried about this ( unless the Central Government suddenly declares a state of Telangana and then you would better stay away from any city in AP ).
Old 21st January 2011, 20:58   #184
BHPian

Going to Kalahasti next week 25-26 Jan. I will be starting 25th afternoon and will be dirving back on 26th afternoon.

I have been worried about those diversions and driving in the dark from my last experience about a year back and as I read here, its not changed much even now...

I wish I can head back on 26th earlier so that I can make it in day light. Wish me luck team!
Old 23rd January 2011, 20:48   #185
Team-BHP Support

Looks like you dont have an option to start in the morning. Its much better that way. Later in the day, traffic on 2L NH4 in AP is pretty heavy. Need to be careful. So is that small section on NH18 beyond Chittoor till the Tirupati turning.
Old 24th January 2011, 14:36   #186
BHPian

Returned from my Tirupati trip last night. Everything went great. The road was mostly good except for a few diversions between Kolar and Hoskote. Missed the turn to SH35 while returning ( got on the flyover ) and then my GPS took me on a roundabout route which added atleast half an hour to my trip.
Chittoor bypass was horrible as everyone has commented, but we had to take it anyway as we were visiting Kanipakam which is around 8 Kms from Bans-The Hotel on Chittoor bypass. Bans is the best place to have food on the way. We loved the food and we decided to have lunch there on our way back too.

Visited Kanipakam, Tirumala, Tiruchanur, Srinivasa Mangapuram and Srikalahasti during the trip. Will post a detailed travelogue when i get the time.

@Ajit, since you are planning to visit Srikalahasti, I would suggest you to reach there by around 6:15 PM. The Deeparadhana Seva that starts around 6:40 PM is awesome and totally worth the 50Rs per head ticket. We were lucky we reach Srikalahasti by that time ( more by luck than by design ).
Old 24th January 2011, 18:22   #187
BHPian

Well all set for tomorrow's drive to Srikalahast... I will be starting around 3PM tomorrow (so not lucky to see the Deeparadhana Seva @newpunter) as I will be reaching only late evening.

We have booked a room in (Sri Sai Teja Residency) for the night's stay.

Have to perform the Rahu-Kethu Shanti on 26th and the plan is to head back immediately after the pooja, hope I can leave early enough to avoid night drive.

Good to know that the diversion near Kolar has reduced to a few and sure I will be driving through Chittor town on both journeys...

Thanks! rest after the return...
Old 27th January 2011, 18:52   #188
BHPian

The trip worked out very well over all!

The pooja was good, did get 'vip' treatment, but had to pay for it, yet worth it with both as the experience was good and with a two year old it was no-sweat!

The hotel (Sri Sai Teja Residency) room was good, and the hotel is just 50mts from the temple! Room, bed sheets & the bathrooms were clean, hotwater via geyser, staff quite frendly. Food is a problem so plan to have outside. Only thing to note is while checking in make sure room type and the cost is discussed-agreed and written on the bill.

The road - has certainly improved from my last drive! except for few pot-holes on the stretch from tirupathi-srikalahasti and some odd speed breakers it worked out very well. The route taken: Bangalore-Hoskote-Kolar-Chittor (through the town)-Tirupathi-Srikalahasti. Took me 6 hours each ways.

There is a second LPG station in Tirupathi (at least I know of it now) one near Alipiri (starting point of the climb/drive) second a elf filling station near Ramanuja circle about 200mts in to the road twoards Ananthapur/NH205 on the right.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:11   #189
BHPian

Hi Ajit, could you please update me on the condition of the route between Bangalore-Hoskote-Kolar-Chittor. Am leaving to Tirupati this Saturday 29th.

How far has the road widening work complete between Bangalore and Mulbagal ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
The route taken: Bangalore-Hoskote-Kolar-Chittor (through the town)-Tirupathi-Srikalahasti. Took me 6 hours each ways.
Old 29th January 2011, 20:28   #190
BHPian

After stressful traveling done through Chittor all these years The Best Route for Bangalore to Tirupati I have traveled last month was

Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Madanapalle - Pileru – Tirupati,

The distance and time taken to reach is almost the same as Chittor route, what made my journey pleasant was Excellent Road condition and Minimal Traffic. One negative is you don’t find any Good Hotels on the way ( I have not tried inside Chintamani and Madanapalle) and you have to take an early bite at Bangalore before you start.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-141220101275.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101281.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101283.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101284.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101285.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101286.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101288.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101296.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101301.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101302.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-151220101282.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2011, 09:54   #191
BHPian

Friends, I am new to Bangalore and live at Sarjapur Road/Outer Ring Road junction. Planning to leave for Tirupati on the Friday Night (Feb 4th) with family on fiat petra. Please advise a good and safe route. Also please suggest decent hotel (3 star) either at Thirumala or Tirupati. Thanks

Manu
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:00   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
After stressful traveling done through Chittor all these years The Best Route for Bangalore to Tirupati I have traveled last month was

Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Madanapalle - Pileru – Tirupati,
Sounds like a very good alternative. Shall try it in my next trip, atleast one way (need to visit the mutt at the outskirts of Mulabagilu). Thanks for sharing.

Prasad
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:53   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupriyam View Post
Friends, I am new to Bangalore and live at Sarjapur Road/Outer Ring Road junction. Planning to leave for Tirupati on the Friday Night (Feb 4th) with family on fiat petra. Please advise a good and safe route. Also please suggest decent hotel (3 star) either at Thirumala or Tirupati. Thanks

Manu
Dont start at night. I would not advice. Start very early say 5AM. You can do it 4-5 hours. Not sure of hotels in Tirumala, but many in Tirupati (Bhimaas Residency, Fortune Kences etc).

@Prasad, Yes the option via Madanapalle seems to be very good, but for break options.
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:06   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupriyam View Post

Manu
As Ampere suggested, it is better to start early in the morning. You can take the whitefield-sh35-nh207-kolar-mulbagal-chittoor-tirupathi route and you should be in tirupathi in 5-6 hours. If you want to stay in Tirumala, you can book online on TTD's site but the room will be available for only 24 hours and you cannot expect a lot of facilities. There are a lot of options in Tirupathi. You can also check out Ramee Guestline which is on the outskirts of Tirupathi ( you can avoid the traffic in Tirupathi and use the bypass to get to the hotel as well as to Tirumala ). I stayed here in my last visit and it was good and the food was decent too.
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:10   #195
Senior - BHPian

Traveled between Tirupati and Banglore on 20th jan via chittoor-kolar.

Chittoor bypass is horror story,
There are chaos at kolar flyover construction site, expect potholed road and traffic jam at that place.
Overall, the road condition is good.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 2nd February 2011 at 13:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks