Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 12:12   #256
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Why is that ? Any safety security issues? We used to go in a group of 3-4.
Even at these hours it used to be crowded.
Ampere, a leopard was captured near the deer park a few months back and there was another one sighted.

OT, There is another footpath to Tirumala, from Srinivasa Mangapuram. This is supposed to be very easy though very few people use it.

Last edited by srimath : 21st June 2011 at 12:12. Reason: Spelling
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 15:00   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post

OT, There is another footpath to Tirumala, from Srinivasa Mangapuram. This is supposed to be very easy though very few people use it.
Hey srimath,

all we know is the footpath starting from Alipiri and traditionally this is the one which is considered as sacred footpath to reach Tirumala via Gali Gopuram.

Where is the other one starts? Can you provide more details please...

-Ravi
Old 21st June 2011, 15:18   #258
BHPian

Hi Ravi,

You can check this thread, for some details on the alternate route. However, it is best if you stick to the Alipiri route, as the provisions / facilities (water, toilets etc) are better in the Alipiri route.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...days-trip.html
Old 21st June 2011, 18:59   #259
BHPian

Ravi,

The route I mentioned is known as SriVari Mettu and starts from Chandragiri near Srinivasa Mangaputram. This is supposed to be only 6 km in length. This was a long used route by traders. TTD appears to have started facilities on this route as well.
Tirupati to Tirumala on Foot
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 20:21   #260
BHPian

Just returned from Tirupati yesterday. Had planned the trip a month ago to perform the threading ceremony of my younger brothers (twin brothers) at Tirumala. We started our onward Journey to Tirupati on 17th June at 1:30 PM after having lunch and reached Tirumala at 7PM with a stopover for tea/snacks near palamner. We had booked 2 A/C rooms in the guest houses (ATGH and SVK) that were pretty neat. The threading ceremony went well by god's grace on 19th June after which we had the darshan of Lord Venkateshwara that took about 1.5 hrs. Started our return journey to BLR at 7PM and reached BLR at 1AM with a 45 mins dinner break at Sky Bird near Palamner. Overall, the journey was smooth with very good roads except for 6-7KM stretch. Many thnaks to TBHP travelogues that helped me to plan trip and keep up with the schedule.

Cheers,
KTP
Old 28th June 2011, 17:49   #261
rv3
BHPian

Hello all,

I've planned a Bangalore to Tirupati trip for 30th June - driving down to Tirupati, visit Balaji temple, staying in Grand World Hotel & Resort, cover Talakonda waterfalls and Sri Kalahasti on my way back on 1st July.

Intend to take the Bangalore > Hosur > Krishnagiri > Vellore > Chittoor > Tirupati route.

Any information, suggestions, warnings welcome.
Old 28th June 2011, 18:54   #262
Team-BHP Support

Any reasons to go via Hosur/Vellore?
The basic Kolar route NH4 is very good you should the standard. Its pretty good.

Last edited by ampere : 28th June 2011 at 18:56.
Old 28th June 2011, 19:57   #263
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any reasons to go via Hosur/Vellore?
The basic Kolar route NH4 is very good you should the standard. Its pretty good.
+1 to what Ampere said.
rv3 - if you look up some of the previous posts on this thread you can see a lot of folks have taken the regular old madras road/NH4 route (including myself in April 2011) and found it to be good.
Old 28th June 2011, 22:58   #264
rv3
BHPian

@ampere and @npv thank you for your feedback. Two main reasons for my choosing this route:

1. I live near Electronics City and reaching Krishnarajapuram is at least 1 to 2 hrs depending on city traffic

2. The roads, as I know, are multi laned in the Vellore route. Not sure about the Kolar road. Is the Kolar road multi laned now?
Old 28th June 2011, 23:16   #265
Team-BHP Support

Yes it does make sense now. The difference is about 40km between the two routes and the fact that you can get on to highway very fast from your home also adds to the advantage.

I hope you know, where to exit at Vellore to latch on to the Chittoor road.
(Basically you need to get on to the road to Katpadi)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 06:20   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv3
@ampere and @npv thank you for your feedback. Two main reasons for my choosing this route:

1. I live near Electronics City and reaching Krishnarajapuram is at least 1 to 2 hrs depending on city traffic

2. The roads, as I know, are multi laned in the Vellore route. Not sure about the Kolar road. Is the Kolar road multi laned now?
If you have some time to kill and wish to explore, you can try krishnagiri kuppam route to reach chitoor. I think it takes almost same time as vellore route but more scenic.
Old 29th June 2011, 07:03   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Just returned from Tirupati yesterday. Had planned the trip a month ago to perform the threading ceremony of my younger brothers (twin brothers) at Tirumala. We started our onward Journey to Tirupati on 17th June at 1:30 PM after having lunch and reached Tirumala at 7PM with a stopover for tea/snacks near palamner. We had booked 2 A/C rooms in the guest houses (ATGH and SVK) that were pretty neat. The threading ceremony went well by god's grace on 19th June after which we had the darshan of Lord Venkateshwara that took about 1.5 hrs. Started our return journey to BLR at 7PM and reached BLR at 1AM with a 45 mins dinner break at Sky Bird near Palamner. Overall, the journey was smooth with very good roads except for 6-7KM stretch. Many thnaks to TBHP travelogues that helped me to plan trip and keep up with the schedule.

Cheers,
KTP
1.5 hrs seems good. It took 6 hrs for me for the dharshan in the sheegradarshan paying 300/-. I had visited on 27/05/2011
Old 29th June 2011, 08:20   #268
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv3 View Post

Yes, Krishnagiri route is better since you're near ECity.

On the Kolar route 4 laning is complete upto Mulbagal and after that it's a 2 lane road with bi-directional traffic.
Old 29th June 2011, 13:57   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
1.5 hrs seems good. It took 6 hrs for me for the dharshan in the sheegradarshan paying 300/-. I had visited on 27/05/2011
Yep. we got lucky as we bumped into someone who we knew there and he led us straight to the counter where we joined the Q. Would suggest to avoid weekend trips to Tirupati as more and more people are returning back without a darshan due to packed bee lines running in KMS to get the tickets.
Old 27th July 2011, 14:48   #270
BHPian

Just returned from a weekend trip to Tirupati. The NH4 till Mulbagal is complete now, except for 2 very small diversions after Kolar. The road is now a dream to drive with very little traffic but we need to be careful near the villages where there are some people crossing the roads and some tractors and two wheelers coming in the wrong direction. The road after Chittoor has some heavy lorry traffic depending on the time of the day and it is very difficult to overtake due to the blind curves and no divider.

We started on saturday at 9 am in the morning and reached Kanipakam near Chittoor by 12 PM. We took the 100 Rs ticket so we could complete the darshan in 10 min ( the crowd was quite heavy and would have taken atleast an hour or more otherwise ). Then, we went straight to Sreenivasa Mangapuram and were out by around 1:30 PM. This temple doesn't have a lot of crowd and you can spend a lot of time inside the main temple.

From here, we reached Alivelu Mangapuram ( Tiruchanur ) by around 2:30 PM and then got the darshan using the 40 Rs Ticket, which took us around 30 min. Then, we had lunch and started for Sreekalahasti by around 4:30 PM. We reached there by around 6 PM. The roads are quite good with the occasional pothole here and there. In Sreekalahasti, we took the Akhanda Deeparadhana ticket for 50 Rs, which allows us access to the inner sanctum and gives a good view of the deity for around 30 min or so.

From here, we went directly to Tirumala. The crowds were huge and there was no accommodation available anywhere. Even the Sheegradarshan queue was full and people were sleeping in the queue for the Sheegradarshan that starts at 4 AM in the morning.

We got into the queue at 3:30 AM and found a queue that was atleast 1 km long. Luckily, once the queue opened, it didn't take much time and we were out after darshan by 5 AM.

For people visiting during the weekend who haven't booked their darshan, the 4-5 AM slot would be the best time to get a quick darshan, but you need to be in the queue by 3:30 AM atleast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks