Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 07:50   #316
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

@Amp, thanks for the suggestion ! I did not want to take a chance in the morning so partially fuelled up the car for Rs.1000 around 10.30 pm on Saturday at the nearby BP petrol pump near KR Puram bridge.
The trip was good, a quick summary:
We started at 4.40am and reached Alipiri around 8.40am with a 20min breakfast break near Chittor @the Reliance A1 (Nandi). This place is avoidable, later found we were just 7km from Hotel Bans and that may have been a better choice.

Entered the Rs.300/- queue at 9.30am and got darshan at 1.15pm, it was slow due to large sunday crowds and crowd management was not very efficient. Reached the parking lot by 2.15pm after completing the laddu token buying & collection routine, and visiting the Varahaswamy temple.
Had lunch at Sapthagiri Annamayya hotel, Lemon tea at the Tea board outlet (don't miss this !) and drove down to Tirupati. After quick attendance at the wedding reception, started around 6pm and reached Bangalore by 10.30pm. Traffic was slow in some places, heavy at others. Pitch dark conditions in most places with trucks blazing their high beams from the opposite side did not make driving a pleasure. Took a 15 min break at Chittoor coffee day on the way back.

Last edited by NPV : 17th October 2011 at 08:05. Reason: update
Old 17th October 2011, 07:59   #317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@Amp, thanks for the suggestion ! I did not want to take a chance in the morning so tanked up the car around 10.30 pm on Saturday at the nearby BP petrol pump near KR Puram bridge.
The trip was good, a quick summary:
We started at 4.40am and reached Alipiri around 8.40am with a 20min breakfast break near Chittor @the Reliance A1 (Nandi). This place is avoidable, later found we were just 7km from Hotel Bans and that may have been a better choice.
Good to note you had a nice drive. Its never advisable to tank-up on the way while starting.
I always fill it up the evening before along with the customary tyre pressure check (include the fifth one).

I too noticed that A1 (Nandi) but was not impressed either. Only thing I am not sure about Bans is if you arrive at an odd
hour (say between BF and lunch) how he would serve or how long he would take. But the space for parking is very nice and that gives good feeling.

The Chandragiri Fort CCD (Is that is what you were referring to ?) location is very nice (looks directly over to the the hill and the fort.

Last edited by ampere : 17th October 2011 at 08:01.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 08:14   #318
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its never advisable to tank-up on the way while starting.
I always fill it up the evening before along with the customary tyre pressure check (include the fifth one).

Only thing I am not sure about Bans is if you arrive at an odd
hour (say between BF and lunch) how he would serve or how long he would take. But the space for parking is very nice and that gives good feeling.

The Chandragiri Fort CCD (Is that is what you were referring to ?) location is very nice (looks directly over to the the hill and the fort.
I filled up for just Rs.1000/- at Bangalore and then tanked up at Chittoor town BP petrol pump. Took the Chittoor town route while going and the bypass on the return leg - not a very good experience, some stretches are riddled with so many potholes that you cannot avoid any of them. If you're traveling a non-peak hour would suggest taking the town route.

We were quite early for breakfast, stopped at 6:40 am at Nandi and I'm not very sure if Hotel Bans would be open by then for breakfast.

Stopped at the CCD near the Chittor bypass-Hotel Bans junction (probably a new one, hadn't seen this on my earlier trip in April 2011).
Old 28th October 2011, 13:35   #319
BHPian

Anyone stayed in Fortune Kences in Tirupathi? Any feedback will be really helpful.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:22   #320
BHPian

@sk7671 : Yes I have stayed there - though rated 4* or similar, it is far from it. Some of the rooms had damp walls when I was there - bathrooms were not the best.
Room Service was good, and so was their buffet.
Old 1st November 2011, 17:00   #321
BHPian

Bus from Bangalore to Tirupati

What is the typical travel time in a bus from Bangalore to Tirupati town? I am hoping it will be not more than 6 hours in a volvo. I am sure there must be frequent KSRTC volvo buses between Blore and Tirupati.
Old 1st November 2011, 18:12   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41
I am hoping it will be not more than 6 hours in a volvo. I am sure there must be frequent KSRTC volvo buses between Blore and Tirupati.
Right on both counts. Bus stand to bus stand is (was, at least, when I last travelled like this in 2007/8) less than 6 hrs.

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st November 2011, 19:30   #323
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bus from Bangalore to Tirupati

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
What is the typical travel time in a bus from Bangalore to Tirupati town? I am hoping it will be not more than 6 hours in a volvo. I am sure there must be frequent KSRTC volvo buses between Blore and Tirupati.
I am aware of 3-4 night services (Volvo/Mayura) of KSRTC starting at 9/9:30 PM.
More than once I have take the one starting at 10:30 / 11 PM. He reaches Alipiri by 3AM. If you plan to walk up,
you need to tell the conductor to wake you up when the it reaches Alipiri.
Old 12th November 2011, 22:20   #324
BHPian

Need help in opting for a hotel in Tirupathi. I have been a regular visitor to Tirupathi ( once every year) and always stayed at Fortune kences for last 7 yrs. The room quality at fortune has been deteriorating over the years. I am now considering other options and need suggestions on any hotels which are better than Fortune in Tirupathi.
Old 12th November 2011, 22:33   #325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
Need help in opting for a hotel in Tirupathi. I have been a regular visitor to Tirupathi ( once every year) and always stayed at Fortune kences for last 7 yrs. The room quality at fortune has been deteriorating over the years. I am now considering other options and need suggestions on any hotels which are better than Fortune in Tirupathi.
I thought Fortune was best one there! The other place is Bhimas Paradise which is
right next to Fortune.
Old 13th November 2011, 07:29   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I thought Fortune was best one there! The other place is Bhimas Paradise which is
right next to Fortune.
Thanks. I would prefer fortune to Bhimas Paradise ( might consider if it as been renovated recently) Any idea abt Guestline days?
Old 15th November 2011, 14:46   #327
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I need some information about going to Tirupati/Tirumala. Our main purpose of the trip is to visit tirumala for hair shaving (tonsuring) of our 2 year old kid and darshan. I need some suggestions to plan out the trip keeping in mind a 2 years olds activities & food. I plan to drive from Bangalore during day time and checkin to a good hotel there at tirupati and then plan for darshan the next day early morning time if feasible. We can stay for 1 more night and start the next day back to Bangalore after finishing darshan.

Please provide some tips on
  • Places to stop over enroute for food/toilets etc.
  • Good Hotels with parking, good restaurant.
  • Going to Tirumala by bus or cab from Tirupati which is better (I want to avoid driving myself).
  • Best time for darshan with a kid.
  • What tickets to buy or we buy there at tirupati and where to buy?
  • I have head about seeghra darshan, does it really speed up darshan.
  • Going with a small kid do they have any faster lanes there.
  • Also can we carry food for the kid inside when standing in queues

Thanks
Samsan02
Old 15th November 2011, 15:17   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post

Please provide some tips on
  • Places to stop over enroute for food/toilets etc.
Kamat before Kolar. road takes a big right curve here. (There is a Volvo Earth moving equipment stockyard on the right side. )
Woody's immediately after 1-2 kms after Kolar railway crossing.
Cafe Coffee Day another few kms ahead towards tirupathi.
Hotel Bans on the Chitoor bye pass.
  • Good Hotels with parking, good restaurant.
Hotel Bhimas Residency on Renigunta Road.
Hotel Mayura
Hotel Sindhuri Park
Hotel Fortune Kences ( 5 * ) .
  • Going to Tirumala by bus or cab from Tirupati which is better (I want to avoid driving myself).
With a 2yr old, a cab would be preferable. the hotel can arrange for one. You can easily drive up since the up and down routes are different, you will not encounter oncoming traffic.
  • Best time for darshan with a kid.
Depends on the kiddo's requirements for food etc., There is a Seeghra Darshan for Rs. 300/- If you go on a Tuesday/Wednesday, there should be minimal rush unless it is a religiously important day.
  • What tickets to buy or we buy there at tirupati and where to buy?
Seeghra Darshan tickets are available at the entrance of the vaikuntham q complex. You can also book at the TTD office in Bangalore. You can also book a cottage for use in Tirumala at the office. Can come useful to give the kiddo a bath after the tonsuring etc.,
  • I have head about seeghra darshan, does it really speed up darshan.
Depends. During holiday season or important religious days, it may take time. Else you can be done in 2-3 hrs max.
You can carry biscuits / water / small containers with food may be permitted.

Check the SVBC channel for updates on the Queue / time taken for darshan etc.,

Start early, or when the kiddo is asleep, and you can make good time. Should take approximately 4-5hrs max.

Thanks
Samsan02
My response inline...
thanks
Srini
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 16:20   #329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I need some information about going to Tirupati/Tirumala. Our main purpose of the trip is to visit tirumala for hair shaving (tonsuring) of our 2 year old kid and darshan
Most questions are answered. Staying 2 nights in Tirupati would be very good.

D1 : Reach Tirupati by noon. Check in to hotel.
That evening you can also cover Alivelu Manga.
Next day finish Tirumala and come back by evening.

Stay overnight start for BR the third day. Cab or bus you can choose which ever you find. Buses are also comfortable.
Just that you need to hold and carry your kid longer to the temple from the bus stand.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 19:46   #330
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Samsan02
As far as i know there is separate Que from main entrance for old and mother with infant kids. now they have put a shade also. one has wait in this till sufficient crowd is there. then they will let in from main entrance.

You can carry milk etc for the kid.

It is better to stay at tirumala. try for online booking of cottages. Rs 1000/2000 cottages may be available. You can get the head tonsured at the cottage itself and bath the kid and then enter the que.

better to go on tuesday or wednesday

Accommodation at Tirumala
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks