Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2013, 10:27   #556
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Had a great Darshan on Friday(3-May).
Started from home at 5.20am(Marthahalli ORR) and reached Tirumala at 10.20am which includes a 40 minutes breakfast break at Nandi. All the way roads are good and with less traffic.
After my hair tonsure we were into Seeghra Darshan queue at 11am and came out at 2pm. This time i felt TTD people are managing the crowd in a better way where all the queues are merging. Some people were trying to do some push, but the TTD staffs are taking care of those people and warning them not to make unnecessary push.
We have started climbing down at 3.30pm and reached Bangalore at 9pm. But this time driving from Chittur bye pass to Mulbagal was nightmare. It's very difficult to overtake to the slow moving heavy trucks.
Overall a great trip.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:47   #557
Senior - BHPian

Any recent update on crowd situation & darshan hours, if any one visited tirumala recently?

I am hearing for quite few weeks that the darshan takes several long hours ( read more than 10+ hours) for almost all types of darshans. Only for a day or two inbetween, it was reduced.

If it is going to take 10+ hours, i may want to defer my trip to later this year.

-Ravi
Old 8th July 2013, 21:05   #558
BHPian

Even I have been postponing my trip for sometime now for fear of running into heavy crowd. But a colleague of my friend went last mid week and took about 3.5 hours for Seeghra Darshan. Still contemplating now or later! More reports would encourage to take the trip.
Old 9th July 2013, 07:57   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I am hearing for quite few weeks that the darshan takes several long hours ( read more than 10+ hours) for almost all types of darshans. Only for a day or two inbetween, it was reduced.
My colleague had been to Tirumala on Saturday (6th Jul). He had gone through Package tours from Manish Travels. He said that it took 5 hours for them to get darshan. It's not bad because it was on Saturday. He said that Rs.50 ticket queue was less crowded than Rs.300 one. Best advice is to go there on Sunday and have darshan on Monday morning.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:43   #560
BHPian

Two weeks back, on Monday morning, I had Seegra Darshan in about 4:30 hours.
I entered the queue by 6 AM. The counter opened @ 7 AM. I finished my darshan @ 10:30 AM.

Seegra Darshan timings:

MONDAY 7:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
TUESDAY 8:00 AM TO 2:00 PM
WEDNESDAY 9:00 AM TO 2:00 PM
THURSDAY 9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
FRIDAY 9:30 AM TO 9:00 PM
SATURDAY 7:00 AM TO 9:00 PM
SUNDAY 7:00 AM TO 9:00 PM

Avoid seeghra Darshan on Tuesday & Wednesday as it would be very slow than other days (they stop this queue for some special darshans).

Also, found that that the gate to Tirumala at Alipiri is closed between 1 AM to 3 AM for any vehicle entry to climb up.

Last edited by nfsfreak : 9th July 2013 at 13:47.
Old 15th July 2013, 14:23   #561
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

I am planning to visit Tirumala one a long weekend one of the possible two in Aug.

Is it advisable to visit Tirumala during the long weekends ?

Any recommendations BHPians

Cheers
Old 15th July 2013, 14:31   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Dear BHPians,

I am planning to visit Tirumala one a long weekend one of the possible two in Aug.
Crowd will be huge during long weekends. If you have an option try planning the trip towards in other weekday / weekend. Apart from the crowd part no issues.
Old 15th July 2013, 14:33   #563
BHPian

Weekends of course it will be crowded. Also during Sravana Masa which is post Aug 6th, the rush will be more as its auspicious to visit tirupathi during that holy month.

Also some times we found that Rs.300/- ticket will be crowded than Rs.50/- ticket.
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:06   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
But this time driving from Chittur bye pass to Mulbagal was nightmare. It's very difficult to overtake to the slow moving heavy trucks.
Overall a great trip.
How is the road condition of Chittoor by-pass? I had visited in December 2011, the by-pass road condition was pretty bad-full of pot holes. Is it repaired now? We are planning to visit in August.

Samish
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:11   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
the by-pass road condition was pretty bad-full of pot holes. Is it repaired now? We are planning to visit in August.
Supposedly it is tarred now is what I heard. Same here, we are going in august. Lets see if some member can give a much recent update on how it is. However, I would prefer going into chittor for a quick tea break and then carry on. Dont think going into the city is a hassle.
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:30   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Supposedly it is tarred now is what I heard. Same here, we are going in august. Lets see if some member can give a much recent update on how it is. However, I would prefer going into chittor for a quick tea break and then carry on. Dont think going into the city is a hassle.
Roads were good all the way when I visited in July 1st week except for 20 Kms of rough roads from Mulbagal.Even here you can easily maintain 70-80 KMPH.Chittoor by pass is in Good condition.

Last edited by ramanak : 23rd July 2013 at 01:32.
Old 23rd July 2013, 07:38   #567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
Roads were good all the way when I visited in July 1st week except for 20 Kms of rough roads from Mulbagal.Even here you can easily maintain 70-80 KMPH.Chittoor by pass is in Good condition.
- Mulbagal bypass was potholed. Some time back I heard, that they have fixed it quite rough
- Beyond Mulbagal, you can surely maintain good speeds. but be aware lots of trucks on this 2-lane.
- Hence need to overtake with care
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:15   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the information! Highly appreciated. I am quite familiar with the Bangalore-Tirupathi stretch as we travel quite often along that route, if not till tirupathi at least till chittoor. Hence the only part I was doubtful was the Bypass. The six lane road ends at Mulbagal which is a sour part after experiencing a good drive till there. Once after Nangli, the AP roads are wide enough, even though they are only two lane. We usually take that stretch in the mornings after breakfast and hence truckers are not that much of a problem. They usually start their journey in the evenings. Only a few buses will be a hindrance. And the traffic gets worse as we pass through the small towns on the way.

Hope they continue the six laning throughout till chittoor or even further, then it will surely be a driving bliss.
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:25   #569
rkg
Senior - BHPian

traveled on this road on 16th and 17th July. started at 5 AM reached chittoor bypass by 7.15 AM. Bypass is good. 80% very good and 20% OK.
Even mulbagal bypass and afterwards are also being widened for 4 laning.
overall oad surface is good.

Opt for Rs 50/ rather than Rs 300/ darshan. 50 is faster.
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:27   #570
BHPian

I am planning to visit tirumala on 4-Aug. Is it safe to travel to Andhra due to the Telangana issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks