Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 13:09   #841
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Hi All,
Please let us know the latest road conditions from Bangalore to Tirupati. How is the road from Tirupati to Kalahasti.

How is the surface of the chitoor bypass, which was bad some years back, how is it now.
Any latest updates will help. Planning for a trip tomorrow.
How is the crowd on Friday at Tirumala. Saturday plan to visit Kalahasti.

Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 10:06   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi All,
Please let us know the latest road conditions from Bangalore to Tirupati. How is the road from Tirupati to Kalahasti.

How is the surface of the chitoor bypass, which was bad some years back, how is it now.

Thanks
I didnt go via Bangalore - Chittor - Tirupati road. I went via Bangalore -Krishnagiri -Vellore-Chittor - Tirupati road as i had to pickup my relatives at Krishnagiri. Vellore- Chittor road is really in bad shape. Otherwise, all other roads were decent.

Tirupati - Kalahasti roads are manageable. Few potholes here and there, but nothing major. Also, i saw them relaying roads in certain stretches.

Traveled during 3rd week of December 2015.
Old 7th January 2016, 11:14   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks
Do you wish to do so some special pooja in Kalahasthi. That is done during Rahu Kalam, Yama Gandam etc. That being the case one should not visit Tirumala after doing such pooja in Kalahasthi.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 13:50   #844
BHPian

Hello All,

Planning to do a Mumbai Tirupati Mumbai trip this month. Can someone let me know the best route. Google Maps is suggesting this route.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-tirupati.jpg  

Old 12th January 2016, 10:34   #845
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Hello All,

Planning to do a Mumbai Tirupati Mumbai trip this month. Can someone let me know the best route. Google Maps is suggesting
When you are doing a cross-country kind of a drive its always good to stick to known / time and tested routes. I would suggest :

Mumbai-Hubli-Tumkur-Dobbaspet-Doddaballapur-Devanahalli-Hoskote-Kolar-Chitoor-Tirupati.

In other words use NH207 to bypass Bangalore and stick to NH4 till Chitoor.
Old 16th January 2016, 11:19   #846
Senior - BHPian

Folks
I'm driving down to Bangalore coming Friday. I will pick up my wife and daughter from there and proceed to Tirumalai on Jan 23rd morning. I've booked 3 eDarshan tickets for the 6 pm to 7 pm on that day. I plan to stay overnight and drive back to Bangalore on Sunday morning.

My questions are:
  1. Which is the best route from Leela Palace area to Tirupati? I've read a post 2 years back that the route via Madanapalle was better and had lesser traffic than the one via Chittoor.
  2. Will a start at 8 am be good enough? What is the driving time?
  3. I find all accommodation booked at Tirumalai, so any suggestions for a budget hotel with car parking at Tirupati?
  4. Aren't there any private hotels at Tirumalai?
Thanks.
Old 16th January 2016, 12:18   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks
I'm driving down to Bangalore coming Friday. I will pick up my wife and daughter from there and proceed to Tirumalai on Jan 23rd morning. I've booked 3 eDarshan tickets for the 6 pm to 7 pm on that day. I plan to stay overnight and drive back to Bangalore on Sunday morning.

My questions are:
  1. Which is the best route from Leela Palace area to Tirupati? I've read a post 2 years back that the route via Madanapalle was better and had lesser traffic than the one via Chittoor.
  2. Will a start at 8 am be good enough? What is the driving time?
  3. I find all accommodation booked at Tirumalai, so any suggestions for a budget hotel with car parking at Tirupati?
  4. Aren't there any private hotels at Tirumalai?
Thanks.
1) From Leela palace, you can take Suranjandas Road and join Old Madras Road and drive straight further down via K.R.Puram, Kolar, Palamaner, Chitoor Bypass to reach Tirupati. You don't need to go via Madanapalle as the roads are good enough in normal route plus you get added advantage of food/rest room break options.
2) You can budget for 4 hours minimum to 5 hours max including breaks. So 8 am start should land you at around ~1 pm at Tirupati. You can finish your lunch, take a break and start to Tirumala around 4 pm to join the queue around 5 pm.
3) You may try PLR Grand behind Bus stand. There are lot of options in different budgets in Tirupati.
4) To my knowledge all these years, No there are no private accommodation. All bookings are through TTD.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 13:58   #848
BHPian

Can someone recommend good eating places (clean toilets a bonus) enroute from Bangalore to Tirupati? Traveling with kids so expecting to take a couple of breaks.
Also, planning to stay at Fortune Select grand ridge or Bhimas residency. Fortune is double the cost but expected to be more comfortable with kids.
Bhimas is tried and tested though not stayed there with small kid. Any idea on how it is after the recent renovation?
Old 19th January 2016, 20:20   #849
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulbatta View Post
Can someone recommend good eating places (clean toilets a bonus) enroute from Bangalore to Tirupati? Traveling with kids so expecting to take a couple of breaks.
Assuming you're taking the KR Puram, Hoskote, Chitoor route, following are some options (depending on what time you start from Bangalore some of these places may or may not be open. This is in order that I remember when going from Bangalore):
1. Kamat at Hoskote on left hand side
2. CCD (coffee day) at Hoskote on left
3. Woody's at Kolar on right side
3a. CCD on right side between woodys and adigas
4. Adigas near Mulbagal on right side
5. CCD before Chittoor on left side
6. Nandi hotel inside a Reliance pump campus on right side about 10km before Chittoor
7. CCD at Chittoor on right side just before the Chittoor bypass
8. Hotel Bans at beginning of Chittoor bypass

The CCDs may not be great places to eat but the rest rooms are decent mostly so you can use for a shorter break if necessary.

There may be other options now that may have come up in the last 2 years

Last edited by NPV : 19th January 2016 at 20:25.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 08:49   #850
BHPian

I will be going to Tirupati this weekend. I wanted to know if there will be parking space for our car? This is the 1st time I am taking my car for tirupati and dont know how it works there. Also we have booked accommodation for 2 days - 1 day in Tirupati and 1 day in Tirumala. Can we park the cars near to accommodation?
Old 20th January 2016, 09:06   #851
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
This is the 1st time I am taking my car for tirupati and dont know how it works there. Also we have booked accommodation for 2 days - 1 day in Tirupati and 1 day in Tirumala. Can we park the cars near to accommodation?
At Tirupati town (foothills) you can park at the hotel where you stay.

At Tirumala (on top of the hill where temple and TTD cottages and devotee facilities are located) also there multiple parking lots and also most of the cottages (TTD accommodation) have parking facilities close to the cottages.

Last edited by ampere : 20th January 2016 at 17:37. Reason: typo
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 22:49   #852
Senior - BHPian

An impromptu visit has come up to Kalahasthi to do a Rahu Kalam pooja on Sunday morning and I am planning to leave Bangalore by Saturday afternoon 3PM reach Kalahasthi and stay for the night. Since I will be driving with family I need some help on the best accommodation available in Kalahasthi. Do I need to book and go or can I get it without booking.

Looks like the road conditions are good as mentioned by other in the earlier posts.
Old 22nd January 2016, 06:53   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
An impromptu visit has come up to Kalahasthi to do a Rahu Kalam pooja on Sunday morning and I am planning to leave Bangalore by Saturday afternoon 3PM reach Kalahasthi and stay for the night. Since I will be driving with family I need some help on the best accommodation available in Kalahasthi. Do I need to book and go or can I get it without booking.

Looks like the road conditions are good as mentioned by other in the earlier posts.
FYI, On Sunday Rahu Kalam is from 4 30 PM to 6 PM and not in the morning. Do note after finishing pooja at Kalahasti, one should not visit Tirumala as the fruits of the pooja will not materialize.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:55   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
FYI, On Sunday Rahu Kalam is from 4 30 PM to 6 PM and not in the morning. Do note after finishing pooja at Kalahasti, one should not visit Tirumala as the fruits of the pooja will not materialize.
Sorry my bad I meant Rahu Ketu pooja which is done in the morning. And yes I am aware that we are not supposed to visit Tirumala after this pooja so our visit will be only to Kalahasthi temple and back. Only thing I am worried about is on the stay, if I have to pre-book or will I get there on arrival.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:34   #855
BHPian

I stayed in Fortune Select recently (Dec 30th) and it was a very comfortable stay. Their breakfast spread was also very good. I will recommend it. I did get a good deal on GoIbibo though, so it was VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulbatta View Post
Also, planning to stay at Fortune Select grand ridge or Bhimas residency. Fortune is double the cost but expected to be more comfortable with kids.
Bhimas is tried and tested though not stayed there with small kid. Any idea on how it is after the recent renovation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks