Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2017, 17:57   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, planning a BLR-Tirupati-BLR trip in early March before it gets too hot.

Looking at leaving KIAL area at 0500 and taking the Devanahalli-Sulibele-Mugabala-Kolar and then follow NH716 via Puttur to Tirupati. Can I expect to reach by say, 12 noon?

A colleague is suggesting to take a puja slot (details awaited) at around 1400. That will allow us to leave by say 1800 (?) and drive back. We are not interested in any other temples either there, or en-route.

Is this itinerary feasible with 2 kids (10 & 13) or is it too ambitious?
Darshan timing of 2 PM after reaching Tirupati by 12 noon is a recipe for disaster. To reach Tirumala it will take at least 45 min - 1 hr. Say your darshan time is 2 PM, you have to stand in the queue by 1 PM. I would suggest you to go for 5 PM darshan time.
Darshan may be over within 2 hrs subjected to rush that one cannot predict. I would suggest you to stay in Tirumala for that night and leave for Bangalore the next day.

Last edited by suresh_gs : 21st February 2017 at 18:07.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 18:56   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, planning a BLR-Tirupati-BLR trip in early March before it gets too hot.

Looking at leaving KIAL area at 0500 and taking the Devanahalli-Sulibele-Mugabala-Kolar and then follow NH716 via Puttur to Tirupati. Can I expect to reach by say, 12 noon?

A colleague is suggesting to take a puja slot (details awaited) at around 1400. That will allow us to leave by say 1800 (?) and drive back. We are not interested in any other temples either there, or en-route.

Is this itinerary feasible with 2 kids (10 & 13) or is it too ambitious?
Let me give you my trip and darshan experience which I did last Saturday so you have an idea and plan accordingly.
I left home at 7am (near ITC infotech) and took the Hoskote-Madnapalli-Tirupathi route. We carried food, so we had just couple of bio breaks and reached the check post before the ghats at Tirupathi by 12p. Spent around 20 minutes at the check post and another' half hour to reach the top. Joined the 300 darshan line around 1p for 2p slot. Done with the darshan and was out around 315. Lunch and some searching for the spot the car was parked by taking the bus,it was 5p we left Tirumala and was back home before ten taking the Chtoor - Palamner route.
It can be done in a day ,just that it would be a tiring day.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 09:32   #963
BHPian

Quote:

?
2:00 pm slot is a better one.Darshan normally gets over within 2-2.5 hrs. I once took a 5:00 pm slot and it took us 3:30 hrs as an old swamiji from one of the mutts came over for a puja and normal public was stopped for 1 1 hr.

It took me 5:00 hrs from KIAL to Tirumala when I started around 9:30 am. Budget for 11 hrs of road travel and 3 hrs of Darshan time. It might be a stretch on kids
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 17:59   #964

Guys, I have a question which is not exactly a route query. Mods. please move it to the appropriate thread if required. The place where they tonsure at Thirumala, do they have facility to take bath as well because I couldn't find a room in the accommodations provided by TTD and I guess there are no hotels on top of the hill. Hence would need a place to take bath after tonsure so that I can take darshan after that.
Old 27th February 2017, 18:17   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakra View Post
Guys, I have a question which is not exactly a route query. Mods. please move it to the appropriate thread if required. The place where they tonsure at Thirumala, do they have facility to take bath as well because I couldn't find a room in the accommodations provided by TTD and I guess there are no hotels on top of the hill. Hence would need a place to take bath after tonsure so that I can take darshan after that.
Yes the facility is available right next to the tonsure place and you have lockers available too, in case you want to store your bags.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 18:41   #966
Senior - BHPian

Yup. And also if needed they will serve you Hot water.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 23:43   #967
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have booked 300/- darshan for 13 April (thursday) 5pm. Planning to drive, 2 adult passengers. Route planned is std one : KR puram->kolar->palmaner->chittoor bypass -> tirupati -> tirumala

Experienced folks, please help me with timing budget :
1) Sarjapur road ->ORR bottlenecks ->KR puram -> exit city limits -(1.5h?)
2) then travel till garuda statue (bypass tirupati town) -- (3.5h ?)
3) vehicle Q + security + climb to tirumala (1 h?)

Assuming that I have park the car @4pm (the ticket says ATC parking, will it be full and will I have to hunt for a spot elsewhere?) , will it be enough if I start @9:30 am ? Lunch in the car itself, not stopping.
MOST IMPORTANTLY , if I am late by say 30mins, ie, I arrive at the Q entry point with the printout at 5:30, will they allow us inside ?
(1) seems to be a sub-optimal choice, is there a faster way to avoid morning ORR traffic ?

Last edited by venkyhere : 23rd March 2017 at 23:45. Reason: addition
Old 24th March 2017, 06:36   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I have booked 300/- darshan for 13 April (thursday) 5pm. Planning to drive, 2 adult passengers. Route planned is std one : KR puram->kolar->palmaner->chittoor bypass -> tirupati -> tirumala

Assuming that I have park the car @4pm (the ticket says ATC parking, will it be full and will I have to hunt for a spot elsewhere?) , will it be enough if I start @9:30 am ? Lunch in the car itself, not stopping.
MOST IMPORTANTLY , if I am late by say 30mins, ie, I arrive at the Q entry point with the printout at 5:30, will they allow us inside ?
(1) seems to be a sub-optimal choice, is there a faster way to avoid morning ORR traffic ?
Mate, I would suggest you to leave Bangalore by 6 AM. Considering a break for tiffin and waiting time for security check plus minimum 28 minutes of travel time up the ghats, you would reach Tirumala by 12 30 PM. Since you have your darshan timing by 5 PM, it will be right to enter the queue by 4 30 PM.
Prior to this park your car and finish your lunch so that you have some buffer time at your disposal.
This schedule will be very much convenient to you. Leaving by 9 30 AM will cramp your schedule. Since you are leaving on a week day and considering the unpredictable Bangalore traffic, it is always better to leave early.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 07:19   #969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Since you plan to start in the evening, I would say check on the Bangalore thread as to how the Varthur road traffic holds up? You can take and hit the Old Madras road directly just before the toll, way beyond KR Puram.

Instead try a bit earlier, as I presume Sarjapur road/Dommasandra can be a traffic prone.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 08:59   #970
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since you have a 5pm darshan, I'm guessing you will stay overnight, else it will be very tiring if you plan to return same day with a late evening/night start from Tirupati.
With a 9:30am start, you will have to negotiate dense city traffic and will tire you. I would suggest start early and check in to a hotel and then go to Tirumala couple of hours before your darshan, that plan will be easy on your family.

Also, you can take the Chandragiri road (opposite coffee day) and reach Alipiri directly, saving some time and avoiding heavy traffic on the Main Tirupati road to Alipiri. Is that the route you meant by the Garuda statue landmark ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Since you plan to start in the evening
He is planning a 9:30am start.

Last edited by NPV : 24th March 2017 at 09:02.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 09:08   #971
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
He is planning a 9:30am start.
Sorry! I saw the 5PM booking time and assumed that to be the start time!
Old 24th March 2017, 13:19   #972
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Thank you guys, bottom line is = 0930 is too late to start for 5pm darshan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Mate, I would suggest you to leave Bangalore by 6 AM. Considering a break for tiffin and waiting time for security check plus minimum 28 minutes of travel time up the ghats, you would reach Tirumala by 12 30 PM. Since you have your darshan timing by 5 PM, it will be right to enter the queue by 4 30 PM.
Prior to this park your car and finish your lunch so that you have some buffer time at your disposal.
This schedule will be very much convenient to you. Leaving by 9 30 AM will cramp your schedule. Since you are leaving on a week day and considering the unpredictable Bangalore traffic, it is always better to leave early.
would it not be enough to reach tirumala parking (after clearing security at bottom) @4pm and then enter the Q at 4:30pm ? Just in case, what if people are late and slip the printed time by 30 mins - denied entry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Since you have a 5pm darshan, I'm guessing you will stay overnight, else it will be very tiring if you plan to return same day with a late evening/night start from Tirupati.
With a 9:30am start, you will have to negotiate dense city traffic and will tire you. I would suggest start early and check in to a hotel and then go to Tirumala couple of hours before your darshan, that plan will be easy on your family.

Also, you can take the Chandragiri road (opposite coffee day) and reach Alipiri directly, saving some time and avoiding heavy traffic on the Main Tirupati road to Alipiri. Is that the route you meant by the Garuda statue landmark ?
Just me & brother - so drive back same day OR stay - is flexible
I think so, the left from cherlopilli junction and which passes along venkateswara national park - it is marked alipiri bypass in the map
Old 24th March 2017, 13:24   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you guys, bottom line is = 0930 is too late to start for 5pm darshan

would it not be enough to reach tirumala parking (after clearing security at bottom) @4pm and then enter the Q at 4:30pm ? Just in case, what if people are late and slip the printed time by 30 mins - denied entry ?

I suppose you will be allowed to enter the queue even if you are late by 30 min or so. Not sure about that. Why take chances ?. Better to be present in the queue ahead of schedule.
Old 24th March 2017, 16:22   #974
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, 30 minutes of grace time is allowed and anything more than that, you might be denied entry.

You can also park at the MBC guest house if you have Rs 300 Darshan / Seva / Supadam tickets.

Always check this portal to know about the Darshan waiting time / crowd status , prior to the date of traveling so that, you can plan an early start if the crowd is more.

Always have an hour as a back up for travel and 2 hours as a back up for Darshan.
Old 24th March 2017, 17:15   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
We had booked eDarshan tickets for Rs 300 each for the 6 pm to 7 pm slot. We entered the queue near SMC 211 around 610 pm, and reached the spot where they scan the tickets around 15 minutes later.

---------
Lessons learnt:
  1. Start driving at least 2 hours before your darshan timing from your hotel downhill. We made the mistake of stating 65 minutes prior, but got stuck for 30 minutes at Aliprii, due to inadequate security staff, and too many vehicles.
  2. Take the minimum luggage in your car, as all items need to be scanned, and that takes time. Leave the rest in your hotel room.
  3. Don't forget to buy your toll ticket at Alipiri after scanning. Nobody told us, and we were stopped at the entrance of Tirumala and asked to pay Rs 100 as penatly, instead of the normal toll of Rs 30. To make matters worse, the amount has to be paid in Vijaya Bank. As time was short, the security guy agreed to pay it on our behalf, and gave us a slip that would allow us to exit at the same spot without the toll receipt. I reached that spot at 5:50 pm, with barely 10 minutes to spare.
  4. There are new one-ways in Tirumala, so i lost by bearings in trying to navigate to SMC, which is easily accessible without the one way rules. I finally could find the parking lot at 6:05 pm , after lots of inquiries.
  5. Leave your footwear and mobile phones in the car. You will save time by doing so.
  6. Online booking has strict dress code, so please be compliant.
Quote:

If you read my post above relating to January last year, you'll get a fair idea of bottlenecks at Alipiri and delays for finding a parking spot.

In our case, we had eDarshan booked for 6 to 7 pm slot, but reached the parking spot only around 6 pm. We entered the queue at SMC 211 at 610 pm, but had to walk for a kilometer till we reached the complex where they scan the eTickets. We reached that spot at 625 pm, around 25 minutes late. So please remember that the time is checked at the Vaikuntam complex and not at the entry spot for the queue.

I suggest not to take a chance like that.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks