Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 20:08   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Completed a Madras-Tirupati-Bangalore Trip on Jan 1st, 2021.

I booked for Rs. 300/- Special Entry darshan tickets to begin the 2021 New year with lord's blessings . The highlight was that, i heard this year, they were allowing devotees to enter via Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga Vaasal) this year for 10 days from 25th Dec to Jan 3rd as part of Ira pathu urchavam, that follows Vaikunta Ekadeshi on Dec 25th.

Darshan Details
To simply put, its a life time experience to enter via Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga vaasal)!
All along my life, i have seen that Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga vaasal) door always closed, and in all my trips, i usually pray outside of it, immediately after seeing the lord and exit the sanctum sanctorum. All along, i never imagined, i could enter that door at least once in life. TTD generally opens the door only on Vaikunta Ekadeshi, just one day which is a normal yearly routine, but we do know that getting tickets on Vaikunta Ekadeshi day is extremely difficult and will be super crowded. So it was a dream for years.

I just finished my previous trip darshan on Dec 10th, 2020 and the very next day on 11th Dec, ticket slots were opened for Darshan between Dec 25th to Jan 3rd slot and TTD mentioned, this year they will allow devotees to enter via Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga vaasal) for 10 days. I was excited and immediately attempted to book a ticket for any day within those 10 days. And then the idea came to make attempt booking for Jan 1st, new year, as i already did 2 darshans for 2020, so wanted to start 2021 with god's blessing. With so much difficulty, finally managed to book a ticket for 2 pm darshan slot.

Tirumala and temple is beautifully decorated with so much colorful flowers. It was a delight to eyes to see such nice decorations.
Entered the queue at 1.30 pm (Reporting time) and after a 30 minutes wait in the cage, was able to finish darshan in 1 hour.

As we get closer to Silver door (Vendi vaakili) and Golden door (Bangaaru vaakili), i was excited to see the lord on Jan 1st New year and also to enter Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga vaasal). Immediately after seeing the lord, when we exit to regular Prakaram, the redirected to enter via Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga vaasal).

WOW ! WOW ! WOW ! its a moment, i will never forget as it is a life time experience to enter the holy gates. All these years, I didn't even knew that there exists another inner Prakaram which goes via Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga vaasal) and exits closer to Hundi area. That was a total surprise. The inner prakaram was also beautifully decorated with flowers and colorful lights. Those moments are truly mesmerizing!

Since we entered via Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga Vaasal) and passed through inner prakaram, we didn't go via regular outer prakaram and could not see the Vimana Venkateswara swamy.

Came out and there was no free laddu prasadam and then exited main gopuram, collected the paid laddus immediately. Came down to Tirupati, had some snacks and tea at PS4 restaurant, and then drove to Tiruchaanoor, Alamelumangapuram. It was quite crowded there too and took 1 hour to finish darshan. By the time i finished it all, it was 6 pm and was almost dark. Phew.... I felt its going to be same night drive experience on the way back (like what happened on Dec 10th return - refer Post#1218 https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4952087 (Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries) ) to return to Bangalore.

Onward Journey
Madras-Tiruvallur-Tiruttani-Nagari-Puttur-Tirupati. Roads are good for 99% except for last few kms from Puttur to Tirupati route, which is just okay.
Nothing much to add new or complain about. Overall it was good.

Return Journey
Made my mind very clear that i won't take standard route and was planning to experiment one of the two routes that i mentioned in Post# 1231.
But ended up taking a 3rd route

Tirupati-Vedurukuppam-Penumuru-Penumur Cross Road-Chittoor town.

https://goo.gl/maps/VDPGbUe6G6uHEzwPA

Road conditions are 95% good, but most of them are single lane or 2L road. 5% roads are narrow and goes through villages and some sections are bad which can be crossed in 1 or 2 minutes.
If you ask for my recommendation, is it worth taking this route, i would say Definitely YES in Day time, because it goes through mountains, lakes, forest and full of greenary. For night time, "may be yes", if you are really willing to experiment and take the risk to drive in narrow village roads. Stick to tar roads ONLY and don't take short cut routes/narrow roads suggested by Gmaps to save time. Please don't scold me for suggesting this route, particularly that remaining 5% bad roads (mostly between Tirupati to Rayala cheruvu) but it is still far better than going through normal Puttalapattu route.

You can also experiment the route taken by saisree in post#1237.

Alternatively, for those who DON'T WANT to experiment and are travelling in broad day light, please stick to the route taken by kavensri, as mentioned in post# 1232.

At any rate, it takes 2 to 2.30 hours from Tirupati to Chittoor town. And another 2 to 2.15 hours from Chittoor town to Bangalore.

Overall, it is still a 4.30 hours drive plus breaks.

HTH
-Ravi
ravib is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 20:37   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
WOW ! WOW ! WOW ! its a moment, i will never forget as it is a life time experience to enter the holy gates. All these years, I didn't even knew that there exists another inner Prakaram which goes via Vaikunta Dwaram (Sorga vaasal) and exits closer to Hundi area. That was a total surprise. The inner prakaram was also beautifully decorated with flowers and colorful lights. Those moments are truly mesmerizing!
Same feeling here and its really a WOW moment. That feeling of being closer to the lord and to feel the vibrations inside is a moment to live and feel. I feel TTD should have restrained from decorating the outer Garba Griha with flowers. A raw look to the sanctorum would have brought in more joy.

Quote:
Came out and there was no free laddu prasadam
We were given Sakkarai Pongal.
saisree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 23:22   #1248
Distinguished - BHPian

Any tips on interceptors between Bangalore and Tirupati on the normal Mulbagal Chittoor route? Last time I remember a unit near a McD but cannot recollect where.

Again, any updates on the Varigapalli - Kanipakkam greenfield stretch? From all accounts, it seems to be doable during daytime and saves 45 minutes by avoiding Chittoor town.

Last edited by itwasntme : 5th January 2021 at 23:36.
Old 6th January 2021, 00:12   #1249
Senior - BHPian

When I did the round trip on 23rd Dec, I didn’t see any interceptors anywhere.

And yes, the Kanipakkam route is definitely doable, but strictly during day times. I used that in my return trip.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 00:31   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
When I did the round trip on 23rd Dec, I didn’t see any interceptors anywhere.

And yes, the Kanipakkam route is definitely doable, but strictly during day times. I used that in my return trip.
Thanks, is it possible to highlight the route you took on your return? I'll return during afternoon so I don't mind trying it out. Recommended for a low GC sedan?
Old 6th January 2021, 09:00   #1251
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry - I’m not sure how to share a gmaps pins here. What I did is capture screen shots for your reference. Hoping this helps.

Yes, a low GC will do. I was recommended this route by gmaps on my way back suggesting a 45 mins save as opposed to driving from inside Chittoor and it turned out good. It starts off as a very small Village Road and then merging with under construction 4 lanes with minor deviations on and off, which wasn’t too bad.

The turn off was at a very Sharp Right that I zoomed in on the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-9e3f39d77e614e4ea1c65dbc216e7539.jpeg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-dc523ea973b74b8585f2f94c249d429a.jpeg  

jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 09:57   #1252
Distinguished - BHPian

To be honest, given the awful weather I am confused which roite to take to cross Chittoor:

1. Chittoor Bypass (new alignment) - Rain! Has it significantly worsened last few days?
2. Chittoor Bypass (old alignment) - believe it is in bad condition anyway
3. Chittoor town route.

Google not showing much difference if I time it for 1630 on any evening. Any tips?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-route.jpg  

Old 7th January 2021, 12:02   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
To be honest, given the awful weather I am confused which roite to take to cross Chittoor:

1. Chittoor Bypass (new alignment) - Rain! Has it significantly worsened last few days?
2. Chittoor Bypass (old alignment) - believe it is in bad condition anyway
3. Chittoor town route.

Google not showing much difference if I time it for 1630 on any evening. Any tips?
Firstly, given the current road conditions, won't recommend you to start at 4.30 pm on any day as you will be driving in dark post chittoor. Given the rains, its very terrible. You are better off to start post lunch so that you can reach before it gets dark.

To answer your question, please stick to Chittoor town and go via Kothapalli Mitta route to reach tirupati.

Our friend team bhpian NPV went to Tirupati yesterday. He will be posting an update soon.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 12:26   #1254
Senior - BHPian

And I would imagine that option 2 (old bypass) is avoided, given the non-stop rains over the past days.
Old 7th January 2021, 14:03   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, given the current road conditions, won't recommend you to start at 4.30 pm on any day as you will be driving in dark post chittoor. Given the rains, its very terrible. You are better off to start post lunch so that you can reach before it gets dark.
Apologies, should have been clearer. I am aiming to leave BLR around 2, so will probably have to choose which option to take at Varigapalli at around 4 p.m.
Old 7th January 2021, 14:34   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Route
Finished yet another darshan yesterday. We were 4 adults in a Jetta and I took the route suggested by bhpian Kavensri both during the onward and return journey and for the very first time in the last three years, the car didn't scrape ONCE be it over speedbreakers or in the horrible stretch to take the new bridge over the Bahuda river.

For the onward journey I added Chittoor town as a stop and Google maps automatically suggests the route I took, however for the return journey despite adding Chittoor as a 'stop' I was routed via the regular Putalaputtu route. I took sometime and added the following stops to travel via the exact route as I took during the Onward Journey.

Tirumala---Pulivarthivari Palle---Penumuru---Kalavagunta---Chittoor---Bangaluru.

Just be careful in the last/first 15kms stretch of the onward/return journey as the road is narrow and getting off the road is not advisable if you have a low GC car, everywhere else you shouldn't have a problem. Chittoor town took me some 10-12 mins to traverse through and I was back on the highway. With a 12pm start from Tirumala both times, last week I joined the highway at Bangarupalem taking the Kanipakam route (missed a right turn as ecplained in my previous post) whereas this time I saved some 30 mins despite having to deal with Chittor traffic. On the onward and the return journey it rained continuously and progress was slow from Chittoor.

Darshan Experience and Crowd at Tirumala
I was lucky to visit last week when the Vaikunta Dwaram was still open. Tirumala itself was decorated beautifully and i'm leaving a short timeplase to try and capture what it looked like as we entered.

Name:  WhatsApp Video 20201230 at 8.38.12 PM.gif
Views: 1628
Size:  3.80 MB

Like fellow-bhpian ravib has described above, after each darshan I'd stand infront of the Vaikunta Dwaram and wonder if i'd ever get a chance to enter one day. Lord has indeed been kind and blessed us with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enter and what an experience it was. The entire pathway was decorated with flowers and lights though would have preferred if they'd given this a skip. I went blank as I exited as it was an overwhelming experience and simply too much for the mind to process in those few minutes and couldn't help but wish I had got more time inside.

This week darshan was the usual affair and we went around the temple like we usually do, Vaikuta Dwaram being sealed. We were made to wait in boxes for around 30mins both times and the laddu counter, especially if you want the Big laddu and Vada are very crowded. If you can bear it,please wear a N95 mask with a proper seal throughout until you're back in the room/car. Also, Tirumala looked a lot more crowded when compared to last week. The crowds are slowly coming back to pre-covid levels perhaps and with people ripping their cars both uphill and downhill, I won't be surprised if we see the time restrictions being imposed again.

Quote:
Apologies, should have been clearer. I am aiming to leave BLR around 2, so will probably have to choose which option to take at Varigapalli at around 4 p.m.
If possible plan to leave BLR between 12-1, this way you can avoid driving after dark towards Chandragiri. If it rains, you will have a horrid time driving through the section with numerous diversions, oncoming traffic, high-beams and a pothole ridden patch until Heritage.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 7th January 2021 at 14:58.
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:26   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Had an excellent trip this afternoon/evening with a door-to-door (Tirupati hotel) of 4 hours from North BLR.

Route taken near Chittoor:

1. Turn left at Chittoor Bypass (Varigapalli)
2. Continued on the new alignment except for a diversion for the under-construction Bahuda river bridge. Rejoined the new alignment.
3. Turned off at Gandlapalli on the Chittoor-Irala-Ramapuram Road and rejoined the NH75 at Puthalapattu. Had my heart in my mouth as the ramp joining the NH was shockingly steep. Came to a complete stop behind a Vento, carefully observed how it went and only then took my time to navigate it.

It rained on and off continuously after Chittoor; am grateful to all you guys for suggesting a earlier start from BLR and was glad we reached before dark.
Old 9th January 2021, 23:54   #1258
BHPian

Thanks to all T-BHPians for posting about the different routes to Tirumala from Bangalore. I took this one https://maps.app.goo.gl/pHw1wefUM82SZonV8 and found it to be good enough. Saves time and stress of the Chittor - Tirupati route.
Had a good darshan too
Onward - 7am - 1230pm (with a couple of halts), return - 6pm - 1115pm (non - stop)

Thanks
raghu
raghuram.cg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 18:59   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had an excellent trip this afternoon/evening with a door-to-door (Tirupati hotel) of 4 hours from North BLR.

Route taken near Chittoor:

1. Turn left at Chittoor Bypass (Varigapalli)
2. Continued on the new alignment except for a diversion for the under-construction Bahuda river bridge. Rejoined the new alignment.
3. Turned off at Gandlapalli on the Chittoor-Irala-Ramapuram Road and rejoined the NH75 at Puthalapattu. Had my heart in my mouth as the ramp joining the NH was shockingly steep. Came to a complete stop behind a Vento, carefully observed how it went and only then took my time to navigate it.

It rained on and off continuously after Chittoor; am grateful to all you guys for suggesting a earlier start from BLR and was glad we reached before dark.
Had a lovely darshan with entry through the Bangaru Vakili. Was in the middle queue and we had a easy 20 seconds of stationary view, and was out overall in 40 minutes flat.

Return trip was super smooth in 5.5 hours on the same route with a 1400 departure from Tirumala. The Chittor bypass is amazing although some of the current access roads are not .

Exact route taken:
https://goo.gl/maps/n9vewtRjhD2fxCNp7
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-t1.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-t2.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-t4.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 19:09   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Return trip was super smooth in 5.5 hours on the same route with a 1400 departure from Tirumala. The Chittor bypass is amazing although some of the current access roads are not .

Exact route taken:
https://goo.gl/maps/n9vewtRjhD2fxCNp7
Nice ! I think this is the one I was referring too. Barring small stretches of 50-100 Mtr, this route definitely saves a lot of time. New Tarmac as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks