Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2022, 13:24   #1351
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 1,494 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Those who are heading to Tirupati/Tirumala, please note the current situation.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5296048 (Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query)

-Ravi
ravib is offline  
Old 18th April 2022, 14:28   #1352
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KL08
Posts: 51
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Hi Friends

I need info regarding the present road condition in & around Tirupati.

My brother is driving down from Vijayawada to Tirupati, taking a halt & then proceeding to Kerala via Vellore-Krishnagiri.

I need info specifically about the stretch between Naidupet-Renigunta-Tirupati-Chittoor-Vellore. Last time he travelled on this stretch (Feb2021) there were bad patches & lot of construction work was going on. If its the same, then need to re-route via Chennai.

Request you all for the info pls.
sandeep959 is offline  
Old 18th April 2022, 16:20   #1353
Senior - BHPian
 
adisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,025
Thanked: 1,034 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
I need info specifically about the stretch between Naidupet-Renigunta-Tirupati-Chittoor-Vellore.
Partial answers:

Srikalahasti to Renigunta remains as usual. It is a two-lane undivided road with several speed-humps and lot of traffic.

Renigunta to Tirupati is better in terms of being 4-laned, divided road. But traffic density remains high. Once you near Tirupati, the flyover works are still on-going. The flyover is partially opened between Srinivasam complex to Kapilatheertham circle.

Tirupati - Chittoor is an excellent 6-lane divided road once you get past the Tirupati bypass.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 12:44   #1354
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 1,494 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Hi Friends

I need info regarding the present road condition in & around Tirupati.

My brother is driving down from Vijayawada to Tirupati, taking a halt & then proceeding to Kerala via Vellore-Krishnagiri.

I need info specifically about the stretch between Naidupet-Renigunta-Tirupati-Chittoor-Vellore. Last time he travelled on this stretch (Feb2021) there were bad patches & lot of construction work was going on. If its the same, then need to re-route via Chennai.

Request you all for the info pls.
Naidupet-Tirupati => Not good/great. Will be frustrating.
Tirupati-Chittoor => Amazing Excellent 10L roads, is a bliss to drive.
Chittoor-Vellore => For about 1 to 2 kms, roads near to Chittoor Collectorate office is not good, but not a big worry. Can be crossed in 5 minutes or so. Barring that small stretch, upto Vellore roads are good, but note that haphazard traffic in and around Katpadi and closer to Vellore.
Vellore-Krishnagiri till Kerala-=> Fantastic roads

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 11:37   #1355
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,044
Thanked: 574 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Need to travel to Pileru. Any update about road condition on Hoskote - H Cross - Chintamani - Madanapalli - Pileru stretch

Or better to go via Chittor
rkg is offline  
Old 11th May 2022, 13:06   #1356
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KL08
Posts: 51
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Naidupet-Tirupati => Not good/great. Will be frustrating.
Tirupati-Chittoor => Amazing Excellent 10L roads, is a bliss to drive.
Chittoor-Vellore => For about 1 to 2 kms, roads near to Chittoor Collectorate office is not good, but not a big worry. Can be crossed in 5 minutes or so. Barring that small stretch, upto Vellore roads are good, but note that haphazard traffic in and around Katpadi and closer to Vellore.
Vellore-Krishnagiri till Kerala-=> Fantastic roads

-Ravi
Update on the travel

My brother started from Vijayawada at 1500hrs, and reached Chittoor at 2330hrs. He had taken one long break (1 hr) & two short breaks (10 mins each)
I joined him at Chittoor and we started at 2340hrs. Crossed Vellore at 0020hrs & tea break at Krishnagiri Aavin Parlour (where B'luru highway meets) at 0125hrs. At 0315hrs, we crossed Omalur toll (8km short of Salem) and stopped for a short nap. Started again at 0415hrs, crossed Karumathampatti at 0600hrs, stopped for a Tea Break after Trichy Rd crossing (on the L&T road) at 0615hrs. Started at 0630hrs & reached Palakkad KSRTC Bus stand at 0730hrs.
From there i took a KSRTC bus to Thrissur & my brother proceeded ahead to our hometown.

Overall it was a fantastic drive, though (as u had said) the Naidupet-Tirupati stretch frustrated my brother. So, a distance of 950km covered in 15hr30min
sandeep959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 13:07   #1357
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

After close to 2.5 years and trying for a ticket for 3 months, finally Lord Balaji agreed to my Darshan.

Leaving tomorrow from Bangalore from Electronic City.

Can anyone suggest a balance between the quickest route and the smoothest route both for going and coming back?

Going back I can take my own time, while going I would want to reach in time to not miss my Darshan slot.

Added bonus - to know good veg food spots along the way suitable for family!

Should I take the longer Krishnagiri route or via the below route,

Showing me 3 routes, driving time as of writing this post -

ECity - Malur - Kolar : 4 hr 57 min - 253 KM
ECity - Varthur - Whitefield - Hoskote - Kolar : 4 hr 48 min - 258 KM
ECity - Koramangala-Indiranagar - Old Madras Road - Hoskote : 4 hr 49 min - 262 KM

Considering the rains past 3 days in Bangalore, I am unsure of the road conditions.

Any help would be great!
anirudhbb is offline  
Old 19th May 2022, 13:33   #1358
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 637
Thanked: 2,207 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

No need to take Krishnagiri route.
The straight-forward route to Tirupati is great now. Take your preferred route (or based on Gmaps / traffic conditions) to reach Old Madras Road. Then you can literally fly.
Read posts #1341 to 1346 for details on couple of sections where widening of highway is not complete. Nothing to worry in daylight. Can be done in night time if your speeds are reasonable.


Lot of Veg Food options:
1. Nandi Grand near Hoskote

2. Swathi Hotel and Cafe near Narsapura

3. Maiyas after Kolar

4. Woody's near Mulbagal toll plaza

5. Sree Krishna Grand near Nangli Toll plaza

6. Nandi food plaza near Bangarupalayam

7. Saravana bhavan near VEMU college (between Chittoor bypass and Tirupati)


Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhbb View Post
......

Should I take the longer Krishnagiri route or via the below route,

Showing me 3 routes, driving time as of writing this post -

ECity - Malur - Kolar : 4 hr 57 min - 253 KM
ECity - Varthur - Whitefield - Hoskote - Kolar : 4 hr 48 min - 258 KM
ECity - Koramangala-Indiranagar - Old Madras Road - Hoskote : 4 hr 49 min - 262 KM

Considering the rains past 3 days in Bangalore, I am unsure of the road conditions.

Any help would be great!

Last edited by srvm : 19th May 2022 at 13:37.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 18:58   #1359
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Just back from Tirupati.

Unbelievable, how awesome the road has now become. Once I crossed KR Puram, it was like a runway road till Tirupati. Few patches are still yet to become multi-lane, out of 4.5 hours, around 3.5 hours hardly had to apply brake!

Maza aa gaya, 500 km of sheer driving pleasure (leaving apart 100 km of home to highway and highway to home)

Regarding food, after crossing Highway Star (going towards Tirupati), outlets are few or rather non-existent. Plan accordingly. While going we had packed food, while coming we stopped at Nandi Grand near Hoskote, as suggested by SRVM above.

Side note - Darshan took 2 hours from entry to exit.

Last edited by anirudhbb : 21st May 2022 at 19:01.
anirudhbb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:43   #1360
BHPian
 
temala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post

Lot of Veg Food options:
1. Nandi Grand near Hoskote

2. Swathi Hotel and Cafe near Narsapura

3. Maiyas after Kolar

4. Woody's near Mulbagal toll plaza

5. Sree Krishna Grand near Nangli Toll plaza

6. Nandi food plaza near Bangarupalayam

7. Saravana bhavan near VEMU college (between Chittoor bypass and Tirupati)

Adding to this list -

Aaradhya Grand, Kolar - I had stopped here everytime I took this route in last few months and food is Good. I stop here for Tea.
temala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 22:32   #1361
Senior - BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 2,712 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Does anyone Know the road conditions between Hosur to Kolar via Bagalur? A Tirupati trip coming up next week and I’m looking for options to avoid the Blr ORR/KR Puram route. Hosur is easiest for me.
jkrishnakj is offline  
Old 29th May 2022, 11:56   #1362
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madras
Posts: 2,387
Thanked: 2,968 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Does anyone Know the road conditions between Hosur to Kolar via Bagalur?
Please don't! Till Bagalur its ok. Its a nightmare beyond Bagalur. I had to visit Robertsonpet from Hosur. The straight route is so bad, it took the same 2.5 hours taking the roundabout route via Venkatargirikota on return.
narayans80 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 15:11   #1363
Senior - BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 2,712 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Thank you. I’m probably stick to the Hosur-Vellore-Chitoor-Tirupati route then.
jkrishnakj is offline  
Old 5th June 2022, 10:23   #1364
Senior - BHPian
 
adisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,025
Thanked: 1,034 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Lot of Veg Food options:
...
6. Nandi food plaza near Bangarupalayam
....
The above one is on the Chittoor - Bangalore side, when returning from Tirupati.

They have a branch called Nandi Garden Restaurant which comes on the Bangalore - Chittoor side, just before the left turn to Tirupati at Varigapalli.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks