Old 5th June 2011, 13:39   #241
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

KSTDC also a 2 and 3 day package.

Karanataka_Holidays
Old 5th June 2011, 14:01   #242
Senior - BHPian

I would advise to leave early - say 5 AM - in the morning. This will help one clear the stretch between Mulbagal - Chittoor which is a double lane with traffic as day passes by. Beyond Chittoor it is a breeze.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:23   #243
BHPian

Just back from a weekend trip to Tirupati. Details as under :
Onward Journey
Started from Bangalore at 6 am. reached KR puram by 6.30 am. Stopped for breakfast at Shanti Sagar, Nangili at 8 am. Roads till Mulbagal a pleasure to drive on. Avg Speed 90-100 km. Resumed from Nangili at 8.45 am. Advice - You could also stop at Kamat Upachar, its on the side of the road you are driving on from Bangalore. Took the Chitoor Byepass (Thanks TBHP). Roughly 6 km bad roads (30-40 kph). After that again a breeze till Turupati. Reached at 11.00 am. Drove up to Tirumala in about 45 min (my first ghat road drive).

Return Journey

Started from Tirumala at 12.00 noon. Reached Alipiri at 12.30 pm. Had lunch at Sitara Hotel (yummy food). Started at 3 pm. Reached bglr at 8 pm (Stopover at 2 railway crossings and Woody's). Fare at Woody's very limited in the evening. Had only cutlets - those were burnt, but the tea was nice.

Overall in the 600 km drive only 12 km was bad roads.
Old 20th June 2011, 15:46   #244
Team-BHP Support

Where did you park at Tirumala? Is there a general parking available?
Since I am not aware of it, I generally book a hotel at Tirupati itself.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:09   #245
BHPian

Hi Ampere,

I had booked a cottage at Tirumala through their online site. I was staying in Balaji guest house. Parked my vehicle right in front of the cottage. There is lots of place near the cottages where you can park your vehicle safely. Do let me know, in case you need the TTD website for accomodation booking.

Staying in Tirupati might not make sense, if you want to do darshan at odd timings (early morning, late nights etc)
amit.mishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 17:20   #246
Team-BHP Support

Now it makes sense. Thanks. I was not sure if one does not book a room, how can he get a parking. Since that part was not mentioned in the post, I thought there is a general parking available!

Since you finished off every thing the same day, I did not expect you would book a room.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:26   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Now it makes sense. Thanks. I was not sure if one does not book a room, how can he get a parking. Since that part was not mentioned in the post, I thought there is a general parking available!

Since you finished off every thing the same day, I did not expect you would book a room.
Reading too fast Single-day means only 15 mins in Tirumala

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra
Onward Journey
Started from Bangalore at 6 am. [SNIP] Reached at 11.00 am. Drove up to Tirumala in about 45 min (my first ghat road drive).

Return Journey
Started from Tirumala at 12.00 noon.
[SNIP]
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 17:28   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Reading too fast Single-day means only 15 mins in Tirumala
That was exactly my doubt. I was thinking how is that possible. Should have exercised my brain before posting! Thanks for setting it right.

The way the post was written and in the end the way it said 600km, I thought wow! He is finishing off every thing in one day!

EDIT: I will get the previous two posts of mine deleted.

Last edited by ampere : 20th June 2011 at 17:32.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:46   #249
BHPian

I have read some posts in TBHP where some have done the entire darshan / drive in a day, but I must confess that i have never even given that idea a thought. Some other deity - maybe but Lord Balaji - nay. u just dont get to see Him in 15 min. My darshan - Divya Darshan took about 3.5 hrs startinig from 5.30 am..
Old 20th June 2011, 18:16   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ampere, though I usually book rooms at Tirupati, whenever we drive up to Tirumala, we park the car in general parking available in the road between Free darshan entrance and Rs.300 /- & Rs. 50/- darshan ticket entrance.

Its convenient to walk for 400 mts or so to enter Rs. 300/- seegradarshan ticket entrance point.

-Ravi
Old 20th June 2011, 19:46   #251
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

From my recent experience I would suggest this plan (did exactly this successfully):
1. Start from Bangalore around 8pm (we went on Friday)
2. Reach Tirupati before midnight, check-in to a hotel in Tirupati, prefereably on/near the Tirumala Road
3. Start from Tirupati to Tirumala around 5.30am
4. Get into Seegradarshan (Rs.300) queue and finish Darshan by 8.30/9am
5. Have breakfast
6. Visit Srikalahasthi temple
7. Have lunch, start from Tirupati to Bangalore, you should be back by 8pm

*Of course watch out for festivals, other holidays when crowds are huge at Tirumala
Hope this helps.
Old 20th June 2011, 20:07   #252
Team-BHP Support

Another schedule similar which I had gone through. (But I would suggest this only to bachelors)

1. Start from Bangalore by night. Take a night Volvo (KSRTC/APSRTC). He would drop you at Alipiri by about 2:30 3AM. That is also the gate from where you walk up.
2. Get darshan band below and "walk-up". Yes its quite some fun. Initial 2 km is very-very taxing as it involves steep steps. BUt then it easies out and when the dawn breaks, it an ethereal view all around.
3. You would reach up by 7AM. Freshen up and get into the Q (sheegra darshan most preferred).
4. You can get out by 3-4 hours (hopefully). For me it was 2 hours of darshan about 3 times (I was plain lucky I guess)
5. Once darshan is done. come down by bus, directly go to Hotel Mayura and hog!
6. Between 2-3 PM there quite some Volvo buses starting for Bangalore.
(Though I am not sure, I always managed to get one).
7. By 8:30 PM you would be at Indiranagar BDA!

May be its sheer luck, but I got this schedule working to the dot at least three times!
Old 21st June 2011, 10:19   #253
BHPian

There is no need to take the Sheegra Darshan tickets if you "walk-up". There is a special darshan queue (Divya Darshan) for the same. Time taken is around 2 hrs for the darshan.

Secondly, not advisable to take the steps between 10 pm to 4am, unless you are in a group. It takes around 4 hrs for the climb.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:05   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra View Post
Secondly, not advisable to take the steps between 10 pm to 4am, unless you are in a group. It takes around 4 hrs for the climb.
Why is that ? Any safety security issues? We used to go in a group of 3-4.
Even at these hours it used to be crowded.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:11   #255
BHPian

Yes, if there is a crowd, no issues. Else, better wait till you have a group of 20-25 before you start the climb. This is due to the possibility of encountering wild animals on the way up. recently there was a news of a leopard being captured in the vicinity of the steps. Even TTD mentions this on their website.
amit.mishra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks