Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Badrachalam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
As rkg suggested, it is a nice route via Warangal, Ramappa Eturunagaram & Manuguru to Bhadrachalam.
Thanks HVK. But,that route seems circutious compared to Hyd-Suryapet-Khammam-Bhadrachalam.

Anyone has recent updates on road conditions on this route?
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks HVK. But,that route seems circutious compared to Hyd-Suryapet-Khammam-Bhadrachalam.

Anyone has recent updates on road conditions on this route?
Suryapet-Khammam is bad.RFC-Suryapet is under 4laning still,would take you around 3 hours to reach the 7-food court from LB Nagar.APTDC's hotel is the safest bet.You might find a hotel or two in Kothagudem as well.
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:20   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Suryapet-Khammam is bad.RFC-Suryapet is under 4laning still,would take you around 3 hours to reach the 7-food court from LB Nagar.APTDC's hotel is the safest bet.You might find a hotel or two in Kothagudem as well.
Thanks Ranjit. Bad as in, should I take the Cruze or the i10?

What would be the overall time to reach Bhadrachalam? 6 hours?
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Take the Cruze as you would be cushioned against all the bumps!

I think 7 hours should be decent from LB Nagar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Ranjit. Bad as in, should I take the Cruze or the i10?

What would be the overall time to reach Bhadrachalam? 6 hours?
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

So a trip that was being planned in 2007 is getting executed now. Good going

Anyways now that you have the route, when are you planning to go and where do you intend to stay?
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:26   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, this trip never happened after the intial thought in 2007. Planning to leave on March 5th morning and back next day evening.

Any inputs on staying options in Bhadrachalam?
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Haritha @ B'chalam,but i suspect it would be full because of the long weekend.Just the two of you travelling?
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Bhadrachalam hasnt got any good staying options except the Govt Guest house. I normally stay at Kothegudem - Hotel Thatipally residency (08744 245444). But Kothegudem is 50kms south of BCM

Last edited by mallumowgli : 23rd February 2011 at 11:15.
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:26   #24
BHPian

The best option to stay at Bhadrachalam is the AP Tourism guest house. There are not many other decent options at Bhadrachalam, but you could look at some options opposite the bus stand. Like others have mentioned, Kothagudem has much better options and you could stay at Kothagudem. It is only 40 kms from Bhadrachalam and takes less an hour of travel by car. Avoid the Burgampahad route as it has got worse. Once you cross Palvoncha, you would reach a place called Morampalli Banjar where the road splits into 2, take the left one and then once you reach the Manuguru cross road, turn right and this will take you directly to Bhadrachalam. This road is in a much better condition, although even this road is bad once you cross the ITC Paperboard, but that is only for a km or 2 .

Last edited by Newpunter : 23rd February 2011 at 15:28.
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:34   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Haritha @ B'chalam,but i suspect it would be full because of the long weekend.Just the two of you travelling?
No. It will be the three of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Bhadrachalam hasnt got any good staying options except the Govt Guest house. I normally stay at Kothegudem - Hotel Thatipally residency (08744 245444). But Kothegudem is 50kms south of BCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The best option to stay at Bhadrachalam is the AP Tourism guest house. There are not many other decent options at Bhadrachalam, but you could look at some options opposite the bus stand. Like others have mentioned, Kothagudem has much better options and you could stay at Kothagudem. It is only 40 kms from Bhadrachalam and takes less an hour of travel by car. Avoid the Burgampahad route as it has got worse. Once you cross Palvoncha, you would reach a place called Morampalli Banjar where the road splits into 2, take the left one and then once you reach the Manuguru cross road, turn right and this will take you directly to Bhadrachalam. This road is in a much better condition, although even this road is bad once you cross the ITC Paperboard, but that is only for a km or 2 .
Thanks for this detailed feedback and also for contact number. It will come in handy for sure.
Old 18th December 2011, 10:41   #26
BHPian

Hello,

I am planning to go to Bhadrachalam on 26.12.2011 from Hyderabad. What is the best route. Are there any good places for an over night stay?
Old 16th November 2012, 15:56   #27
BHPian

Route 1:
Hyd - Suryapet - Khammam - Bayyangudem - Kothagudem - B'Chalam - 320kms
Suryapet to Khammam to Bayyangudem - some are good roads, some are bad. 50% of them are good roads. Should be doable with decent car condition. But, pot holes are plenty and huge craters. Myself done this route last week.

Route 2:
Hyd - Thorurr - Yellandu - Kothagudem - B'Chalam - 300kms
Enroute few folks suggested this route. Not particularly sure to road conditions from Hyd - Yellandu. Else the route is fine.

Route 3:
Try out NH202 as suggested by HVK and rkg. The road conditions seems to be decent enough. You can visit Parnashala first and then drive to B'Chalam in this route.

Stay Options:
We stayed in Sudarshana Residency just opp the temple. Call them before to book AC rooms and get confirmation. APTDC guest house and other guest houses are available.
Kakatiya hotel was also good. Almost same rates around. Better to stay near the temple.

I hardly found any restaurants in these routes for food. Pack some of them as needed.
blackstallion76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 17:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
good places for an over night stay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post

I hardly found any restaurants in these routes for food. Pack some of them as needed.
Suraypet 7-Refresh www.foodseven.com on the NH9 is good.Beyond this hardly anything.
Old 8th January 2013, 02:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Route 1: Route 2: ..

Stay Options:
We stayed in Sudarshana Residency just opp the temple. Call them before to book AC rooms and get confirmation. APTDC guest house and other guest houses are available.
Kakatiya hotel was also good. Almost same rates around. Better to stay near the temple.
Hi folks,

I am planning for a Bhadrachalam-Papikondalu trip during coming weekend (or next) with wife & mom. Need suggestions upon routes - any one having done route#2 pointed above by blackstallion. I would have taken route #1 considering good part of it is through NH9, but looks like 50% is not in good condition.

blackstallion76 .. how much time did you take through it?

Besides, can we book the accommodation at hut resort at Papikondalu? Is it APTDC's?

Any pointers upon other attractions on this way apart from Parnashala?
Old 6th February 2013, 01:44   #30
BHPian

Hi ppl,

We did the Bhadrachalam - Maredumilli extended trip the previous weekend.
Since we headed to Maredumilli first, I took Hyd -> Vijaywada -> NH5 -> Rajahmundry -> Maredumilli route.

While returning we came through Bhadrachalam with stopover for temple and local visit.
The route was - Maredumilli -> Bhadrachalam -> Kothagudem -> Tallada -> Khammam -> Suryapet -> Hyd.

This was Route 1 as mentioned in earlier posts, and roads were mostly good except for a few small patches. However the turns on these roads (esp. nearer to B'chalam side) used to be fairly angular (if not square instead of longer smooth curves) at quite a few places, you have had to invariably slow down the vehicle to avoid getting into opposite lane (and more so to avoid people coming from other side with across lane turns). But half of the route is cakewalk once you reach Suryapet and take Vijaywada highway towards Hyd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks