Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 10:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Badrachalam : Route Queries

I had done the Hyderabad - Suryapet - Badrachalam last weekend.

Hyderabad-Suryapet - Four lane tolled road.Stopped at Hotel 7 in Suryapet bypass.
Decent place with good washroom facilities.

Suryapet-Khammam - The initial 15kms is average.The road was potholed and under body
Scarpering close to the lake about 15kms from Suryapet.
Rest of the roads are in good condition.
Khammam bypass was effortless.

Khammam-Kothagudem-Bhadrachellam
The roads are in good condition throughout.

On the way back stopped at G hotel in the Suryapet bypass.
The rates are 5-10% more compared to Hotel 7 in Suryapet Bypass

Last edited by gajadonga : 15th September 2014 at 10:51.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I had done the Hyderabad - Suryapet - Badrachalam last weekend.
Thanks for the update. Can you please share details of distance and driving time? If the road after Suryapet is that bad, then perhaps returning via Jangaon from Khammam might be better.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the update. Can you please share details of distance and driving time? If the road after Suryapet is that bad, then perhaps returning via Jangaon from Khammam might be better.

Hyderabad to Suryapet took about 2.30hrs about 135kms.

Suryapet - Khammam 1.30mins it about 60kms.

Khammam-Tallada-Julupad-Kothagudem. 1.30mins for the 80kms.

Kothagudem- Nagineniprolu- Bhadrachellam. 45mins for the 40kms stretch.

Onwards journey took about 5.30mins excluding breaks.

Return took almost the same running time as I had a single stop on return.

Ideally start in the afternoon both ways it will be comfortable drive.

The roads are average only the first 15-20kms from Suryapet towards Khammam. Potholes that it.
If its raining difficult to spot them on the way back the same road appeared ok.

Road work has already started so looks to be a non issues as far as road conditions
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:21   #49
BHPian

Folks, plan to visit Bhadrachalam in second week of November, need help with two things. A good and clean hotel in Bhadrachalam and Kollur huts. Is it safe to stay in Kollur huts, are they clean and hygienic, we are not expecting a luxury accommodation but hygiene and cleanliness are paramount. We plan to go with our families with kids.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Folks, plan to visit Bhadrachalam in second week of November, need help with two things. A good and clean hotel in Bhadrachalam and Kollur huts. Is it safe to stay in Kollur huts, are they clean and hygienic, we are not expecting a luxury accommodation but hygiene and cleanliness are paramount. We plan to go with our families with kids.
You can refer this post quoted earlier in the same thread, for Bhadrachalam

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3218861
Old 31st August 2015, 15:21   #51
BHPian

Ppl, any recent experiences/update on the road from Suryapet to Bhadrachalam?
May visit from Hyderabad during last weekend in next month.

How is the rush around this time of year (esp. on Saturday), do we need to book the APTDC hotel in advance (or any other preferable one - so that we don't have to book till late)?
And also from 'darshan' point of view?
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I was bought up in Bhadrachalam.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Maverick79, couple of quick questions.
How are Saturdays in this month - we will mostly drive this weekend (also being Janmashtami night) - both from temple rush and accommodation perspective?
We would want to do pooja in temple garbhalayam, hoping to get it without much ado.

Quote:
Also, Pls try the Sita Nilayam. I paid some 450 bucks for a good and spacious A/C Room...
Searched a bit on Sita Nilayam, seems like perfect location towards the river and very near to temple.
However prices seems like of the order 1200/- or so, again does it require prior booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
hi... I did this route in September and ...
Harsha .. Route wise thats probably the best option, I don't see much input on any detours.

What are other things to visit around the city - Parnashala is for one we are thinking?
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
How are Saturdays in this month - we will mostly drive this weekend (also being Janmashtami night) - both from temple rush and accommodation perspective?
We would want to do pooja in temple garbhalayam, hoping to get it without much ado.

Searched a bit on Sita Nilayam, seems like perfect location towards the river and very near to temple.
However prices seems like of the order 1200/- or so, again does it require prior booking?

Harsha .. Route wise thats probably the best option, I don't see much input on any detours.

What are other things to visit around the city - Parnashala is for one we are thinking?
I'd recommend checking the room before confirming the stay. You have to first visit the information center, pay the deposit and then take the room. I had paid money first but the rooms were not very good so, had to return the keys. Good thing is that they paid the money back since I did not like the room.

If you don't want to take chances, APTDC is the best bet (not sure of most recent info).

To my knowledge, you don't have to book online unless it is Sri Rama Navami time. So, you can go there and look for the one you'd like and settle.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
bhappyharsha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 21:37   #54
BHPian

Temple board has got a/c accommodation as well, cost around 1k.pls do chk in their site.
Old 4th September 2015, 17:28   #55
BHPian

any update on the road conditions from Suryapet to Bhadrachalam ? How much time should I budget for this stretch ?
Old 15th September 2015, 15:59   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
I'd recommend checking the room before confirming the stay. You have to first visit the information center, pay the deposit and then take the room. I had paid money first but the rooms were not very good so, had to return the keys. Good thing is that they paid the money back since I did not like the room.

If you don't want to take chances, APTDC is the best bet (not sure of most recent info).

To my knowledge, you don't have to book online unless it is Sri Rama Navami time. So, you can go there and look for the one you'd like and settle.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
@deepv,
In general Saturday's are rush. Esp evenings. So plan sometime early evening.Say around 4:00pm. Sunday mornings are the best otherwise.

Now coming to Sita Nilayam, its decent accommodation. Not a super luxury one. Not bad either. Still you can check the room and pay. It seems they increased the price. I used to pay INR 900/- per night of an A/C suite.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 00:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:
@deepv,
In general Saturday's are rush. Esp evenings. So plan sometime early evening.Say around 4:00pm. Sunday mornings are the best otherwise.
Thanks for inputs!!

I am planning to be there by mostly 2pm, so should be better.
With my mom planning to come, it would be difficult to get in morning time slot (I suppose closing time is at 1pm), so will look to get early evening entry/pooja.
Old 21st April 2016, 16:40   #58
BHPian

Done this route recently as follows.

Started from Hyd at 7.40am to Mangalagiri via Vijayawada for visiting a family get together on 9th April. The diversion along the Vijayawada by pass was as usual very busy and crowded with all kinds of road blocks( read as frequent crossing of people/cattle/ two wheelers)

From there, started to Bhadrachalam around 5.00 pm via Mylavaram-Tiruvuru-Kothagudem route.

Till Mylavaram, the road was pretty okay. Later two way traffic and narrow road started which reduced average speed to mere 40kmph.
From Mylavaram to Tiruvuru, the roads as further narrowed and most of them were through small villages and towns.
Again from Tiruvuru the road was widened and pretty okay to gain back the average speeds to 60 kmph levels.
But after Crossing Kothagudem or rather from Palavoncha, the roads were dug up for renovation.
Pretty sad state of temporary roads as well.
Average Speeds were completely down and it took more than 1 hr and 30 mins form Kothagudem to Bhadrachalam which other wise takes only 45 ~ 50 mins.
Understand they were targeting to complete them before Ramanavami. Not sure about the latest update.

While coming back, took the Khammam - Suryapet route and its quite okay as the road is mostly two way till Suryapet.

So Folks, drive carefully and pls plan your timing accordingly while visiting this place. Esp for the last stretch from Kothagudem to Bhadrachalam.
Old 21st August 2018, 09:44   #59
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Badrachalam : Route Queries

Has anyone recently traveled from Hyderabad to Kothagudem or Palavanchu? I am thinking i would go via Suryapet, Khammam.
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Badrachalam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
Has anyone recently traveled from Hyderabad to Kothagudem or Palavanchu? I am thinking i would go via Suryapet, Khammam.
This is the best option.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks