Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 12:55   #1
BHPian

Suggestion on Route from Bangalore to Vellore

Hi all!
I have to reach vellore at 8 a.m. on sunday. I'll start from Bangalore. I've a new Santro Xing erlx XL which is done 5k Kms. What is the best route for Vellore and at what time I should start so that I can easily reach by 8 a.m. Please suggest on this as I've no idea about the roads in south india. However I've driven a lot in North.

Thanks
Javed
Old 1st June 2007, 14:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Best Route: bangalore - hosur - Krishnagiri - Vaniyambadi - Vellore

You should do this distance in 2 - 2.5 hours of non stop driving... it is about 190km from Silkboard flyover...

Actually in early morning u can easily do in 2 hours....Start by 5AM.... Before 7:30AM you should be in Vellore...

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 1st June 2007 at 14:11.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:11   #3
BHPian

Ya take the route which AKroy suggested, start from b'lore at 4:00Am u will reach there before 8:00Am
Old 1st June 2007, 14:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Ya take the route which AKroy suggested, start from b'lore at 4:00Am u will reach there before 8:00Am
I think 5AM start should be fine....
Old 1st June 2007, 14:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by javed406 View Post
I've no idea about the roads in south india. However I've driven a lot in North.

Thanks
Javed
In that case, let me give u more precise details:

1) Assume u know Hosur Rd, Keep on going u will soon pass Electronics City...
2) At Hosur u will encounter a flyover, go over it.
3) From Hosur flyover to another 45km (this is a beautiful stretch) u will reach a toll booth...
4) Pay Toll (Rs 25 - onesided, Rs 38 - if u r returning in 24 hours)
5) Immediately after toll booth (Krishnagiri) u will get a flyover go over it....
6) U will again get a 2nd flyover, DONT GO OVER IT
7) Take the side lane instead (There must be an arrow indicating Chennai left)
8) In another km, u will get a signal, Take left (direction Chennai, Vellore is given)
9) That is NH46 to Chennai also part of completed GQ....in another 100 odd km u r in Vellore...It will not take more than an hour from krishnagiri...

Pls let me know if u want anything more specific...
Enjoy South India Drives
Abhi
Old 1st June 2007, 15:12   #6
BHPian

Thanks a lot. As I'm planning to go non stop I'll start at 4:30. Thanks to Jango and akroy. The description of the route that you gave is perfect. Will update all of you after the trip. Since, I'll be returning in the evening, I think it's better to take return ticket also from the toll.
Old 11th June 2007, 11:25   #7
BHPian

I completed the Vellore trip yesterday. The route that you all suggested was perfect and quite descriptive that I didn't have to ask anyone about the direction. While going it took 2 hours and 20 minutes non stop and while returning it took around 2 hours 45 minutes because of traffic moving slow at Ambur and Hosur. Thanks a ton.
Old 11th June 2007, 20:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by javed406 View Post
I completed the Vellore trip yesterday. The route that you all suggested was perfect and quite descriptive that I didn't have to ask anyone about the direction. While going it took 2 hours and 20 minutes non stop and while returning it took around 2 hours 45 minutes because of traffic moving slow at Ambur and Hosur. Thanks a ton.
Hey Javed, Excellent start of your South Indian drives...

Abhi
Old 30th August 2007, 10:22   #9
BHPian

Hi Team, I have to drive to Vellore from Bangy for a wedding on Friday afternoon.. So what do I do.. Google for the route? no.. ! team bhp ofcourse.. and lo behold a thread which is made for me..

Just one doubt.. I fil up at Shell near Electronic City and reach Vellore. Do we have any Shell pumps in Vellore? WHere do you guys suggest I fill up. We will be going to CMC Hospital in vellore. Any good pumps nearby?

Thanks. Kindly do respond by 11 AM tomo (friday) as I plan to leave around 1.

Nimz
Old 30th August 2007, 10:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nimz, there is no shell pump in Vellore, Since it is only 200km from Bangalore, you can refuel while return in any reliance outlet on the way...

If I assume you are going on your Sparky, then you need not tank up anywhere, you can do the full trip without refueling, or atmost you can tank up at Reliance pump near Hosur (for cheaper fuel)

Abhi
Old 30th August 2007, 10:48   #11
BHPian

thanks akroy.

That was fast. Yes in Sparky.. 35 litres odd would be in tank after I pick my parents from station and stuff.. 35 x 12 (conservative) = 420. I thought Vellore was 220 + which makes it approx 450 and we may drive around a bit in vellore..(going to see all my mom's friends else she would ask me what was the point in me getting a car )

I'd tank up in Hosur in the realiance outlet (heard they charge one rupee more??) on the way. WHer should I watch out for this pump.. ??
TIA
Nimz
Old 30th August 2007, 10:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey, your Sparky should give atleast 15kmpl on that highway...the Baleno's give 14-15 with AC in this stretch...Dont worry...

While returning wherever you find a Reliance outlet, just tank up there to be on the safe side...While going you can figure out the outlets and plan your fuel stop before hand...

Let them charge whatever but that will be surely less than the price of Bangalore...

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 30th August 2007 at 10:57.
Old 30th August 2007, 11:30   #13
BHPian

To continue same query, to go to Kanchipuram from Bangy, should I continue after Vellore or any other better route?
Old 30th August 2007, 11:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
To continue same query, to go to Kanchipuram from Bangy, should I continue after Vellore or any other better route?
COntinue after Vellore...this will be faster because of GQ

For shorter and good roads you can also choose to go via NH4

Abhi
Old 30th August 2007, 18:28   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Let them charge whatever but that will be surely less than the price of Bangalore...

Abhi
every time i go to TN feel like bringing back a full can of Petrol.

Thanks Abhi for the info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks