Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 19:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway - Status & updates thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Looks like the Bidadi A2B will be bypassed as well. Not sure will they still continue to open once the new highway is opened.

Likewise any other popular restaurants gone off the highway?
I think most of the current restaurants and food courts will be wiped out. Primary reason is that their current locations are all close to one of the towns and they will get bypassed. No one is going to enter a town just for a food break. So they would need to relocate to some strategic points, and even then it is going to be a challenge. Earlier, it was just the matter of getting of the road and into a restaurant, with the expressway it means getting of the expressway and then getting back on and considering the shorter duration of travel, lesser people will do it.

So while the eateries will still be there -either newly built or moved, I think the numbers will be far smaller.

One place that is still strategically located is 'Bestin Breaks' before Maddur. It is not in great shape now as they have lost half their parking, but it is located just before the Maddur Bypass and one can probably exit into this without too much of a detour. So expect this to continue to exist and maybe gain more importance. Currently it has an A2B and few other nameless shops.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 16:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Been on Kanakpura Road recently.
Except for a few stretches Kanakpura road is in shambles. There are too many potholes and traffic is bad.
Do not Take the Kanakpura road on your way to or from mysore. The road is terrible to say the least. Potholes and frequent humps. We did see a lady hurt her head when she fell on the bike.

Take either mysore road or the nelmangala kunigal pandavapura road.
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 11:54   #18
BHPian

I travelled to Mysore on 4th of March. Left my home at 6:30 in the morning and reached my destination at 10:00. The road surface has become a lot smoother than it was before although never ending deviations annoy.
There's hardly any wide open stretch that lasted more than 3 km. There are a few occasional potholes one should be watching out. I was slightly tired after I had reached mainly because of not being used to waking up early and unceasing deviations.
I returned the same evening and I purposely wanted leave a bit late. The idea behind was that, after darkness passing through most of the bottlenecks would be effortless.
So at 19:45 started back from Mysore.
Normally it's preferred to drive in the daylight but if you're comfortable and can drive the route without google maps, night time is the best time!!!
The key to driving and enjoying Mysore road is to taking it easy.
The roads were smooth for most part yet sudden waves of crests and dips were coming unseen. So I decided to maintain a relaxed pace and floor only when there was ample road space and I felt confident. Not only did I return home within three hours - at 22:30 hours- I came back fresher and I enjoyed the drive with my favorite music.

It'll still take time for the expressway to be open to public.
95% of the route has no lane markings or cat's eyes. People unfamiliar with the route should travel during the day only. In the meanwhile, I felt driving at night was an easier option and less stressful than driving in the day as I knew the route.
Abhinav V is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 15:39   #19
BHPian

There were a few truck lay-by lanes before road expansion started especially between Madya and Mysore. Are these lanes still present or they are sacrificed to make diversions/service roads? I am planning on a very relaxed night drive to Mysore and want to use my portable stove somewhere road-side to make my midnight coffee and snacks for the kids. The truck lay-by lanes are good for such stoppages IMO. I know there are 24/7 food joints on this stretch but want to indulge myself in this roadside 'cooking' experience.
Old 9th March 2022, 17:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
There were a few truck lay-by lanes before road expansion started especially between Madya and Mysore. Are these lanes still present or they are sacrificed to make diversions/service roads?
That may have gone unless the road widening is not happening in those stretches. But you get lots of other empty spaces now: There are sections of new road which is complete but not yet open to traffic. You can just pull over to one of those areas.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 18:02   #21
BHPian

I am sure folks who travel on Bangalore-Mysore route are familiar with Shivalli Chowki. This is a good place for a stop over and it comes around 1 hour 45 mins from bangalore. The place is on the other side of the road (opposite to old Shivalli). It has clean rest rooms and plenty of food choices.
Old 10th March 2022, 11:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I am sure folks who travel on Bangalore-Mysore route are familiar with Shivalli Chowki. This is a good place for a stop over and it comes around 1 hour 45 mins from bangalore. The place is on the other side of the road (opposite to old Shivalli). It has clean rest rooms and plenty of food choices.
@TSEA, 1.45 minutes from Bangalore depends from where we start in Bangalore. From East side to reach Mysore road itself takes 1 hour for me - LOL. Jokes apart, it will be helpful to have google maps links for those who are not familiar.

-Ravi
Old 10th March 2022, 11:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
@TSEA, 1.45 minutes from Bangalore depends from where we start in Bangalore. From East side to reach Mysore road itself takes 1 hour for me - LOL. Jokes apart, it will be helpful to have google maps links for those who are not familiar.

-Ravi
Very true. Here are the co-ordinates:

https://goo.gl/maps/xaDAS4dZCMt2TZvS6
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 16:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

View of the Ramnagara-channapattana bypass
Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-20220324_131440.jpg

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-20220324_131426.jpg

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-20220324_131419.jpg
Looks like most of the work is complete although it is not open for traffic now. The spot I took the pics had a temporary crossing for a village road. I presume this will be barricaded. There is an underpass provided a few meters away.
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 22:06   #25
BHPian

I’m looking for some suggestions on the route to take to Mysore from Bannerghatta Road. I always thought the standard route was via mandya. Today I see Google maps is suggesting the route via Kanakapura, Malavalli.

Is this road better? Or is the mandya road really poor due to construction?
Old 25th March 2022, 22:35   #26
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I’m looking for some suggestions on the route to take to Mysore from Bannerghatta Road. I always thought the standard route was via mandya. Today I see Google maps is suggesting the route via Kanakapura, Malavalli.

Is this road better? Or is the mandya road really poor due to construction?
I just drove from Mysore to Bangalore today via Mandya . The road is definitely better than Kanakapura. You should take Nice road from Bannerghatta road.
Rangy62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 23:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
I just drove from Mysore to Bangalore today via Mandya . The road is definitely better than Kanakapura. You should take Nice road from Bannerghatta road.
Thanks.

Yes, the “usual” route has always been Bannerghatta Road -> NICE road -> Mandya -> Mysore. I was just surprised why Google maps would suggest Kanakapura. It has toll, the distance is similar- so I couldn’t understand the logic behind Google suggesting that. I was wondering if there were some road closures due to the construction of the expressway.
Old 28th March 2022, 09:08   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Some recent updates and pics from Mr Gadkari's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/nitin_gadkari/st...vGHPtuBjA&s=19
Old 30th March 2022, 21:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Some recent updates and pics from Mr Gadkari's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/nitin_gadkari/st...vGHPtuBjA&s=19
Interesting that Gadkari posted re-iterating the date of Oct 2022. A few days back there was an article that had called out that the Expressway was further delayed and would be ready only by year end.

10 lane Bengaluru-Mysuru highway delayed further, to be ready by year-end

Is the statement by Gadkari an intention to put pressure and ensure they stick to deadline or whether he is unaware of the delays is something to wonder...
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 18:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Bengaluru - Mysuru highway to have helipad (report in Bangalore Mirror)
Quote:
This helipad will come up near Ramanagara and will be used for emergency services and by VIPs.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks