Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2022, 05:42   #46
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway - Status & updates thread

I知 driving to Bangalore from Mysore tomorrow and I知 wondering should I consider the Pandavapura > Kunigal route instead, I stay in North Bangalore so anyway I will have to take NICE road even if I chose to go via the traditional route to avoid Kengeri. Any suggestions?
Old 7th July 2022, 09:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
I知 driving to Bangalore from Mysore tomorrow and I知 wondering should I consider the Pandavapura > Kunigal route instead, I stay in North Bangalore so anyway I will have to take NICE road even if I chose to go via the traditional route to avoid Kengeri. Any suggestions?
While there are still several parts under construction resulting in deviations, large parts of it is now open. Suggest you stick to Nice->Kumbalugodu->Mysore road.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 20:13   #48
BHPian

Bangalore <> Mysore expressway will be delayed!

Quote:
The much-awaited Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway, that is expected to significantly reduce travel time between the two cities, will not be opened anytime soon. PWD Minister CC Patil said it is unlikely to be ready by October this year, as announced earlier.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...e-2478515.html

Last edited by sanjaykk : 20th July 2022 at 20:15.
Old 20th July 2022, 20:25   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Not Good. I was planning for Dasara just for ride in this Lane.
Old 20th July 2022, 21:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Ah, No wonder. I was actually thinking of it when I travelled day before yesterday on this. It surely does not looks like will be ready by October. I assume it is now about 50% complete and may be only another 25% fully in the next 2 months.
Old 27th July 2022, 04:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Ah, No wonder. I was actually thinking of it when I travelled day before yesterday on this. It surely does not looks like will be ready by October. I assume it is now about 50% complete and may be only another 25% fully in the next 2 months.
50% complete is good. Are they any lay byes or food courts coming up? Wonder where would users stop to refuel /snack once it is fully constructed.
Old 27th July 2022, 07:38   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
50% complete is good. Are they any lay byes or food courts coming up? Wonder where would users stop to refuel /snack once it is fully constructed.
Some of the existing food courts will remain. Would need to take service road exits to access though. A lot of them- especially near the town's enroute will have to shut down/ relocate because they will get bypassed.

Also, since it will become a 1.15-1.30 drive from Columbia Asia to NICE entry, stops will become less relevant.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 08:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Some of the existing food courts will remain. Would need to take service road exits to access though. A lot of them- especially near the town's enroute will have to shut down/ relocate because they will get bypassed.

Also, since it will become a 1.15-1.30 drive from Columbia Asia to NICE entry, stops will become less relevant.
I had been on this highway in the last week of May. Was driving from Bangalore to BR Hills via Maddur-Malavalli. We stopped over at the popular Shivalli restaurant (our first visit here) for breakfast.
But after this break, we could not get on to the wide & smooth main highway from the service lane at all for a quite a distance (was frustrating to see vehicles in main highway zooming at 100 kmph while we were only able to do 50-60 kmph in the service roads). By the time I joined the highway, it was already Maddur with all that elevated section under construction and slow-moving traffic.

Bottom line: The poor design of entry/exit from service roads combined with the reduced travel time when the highway is complete, is going to make most of these restaurants go bust. If I'm not wrong during the above trip, I found the popular Krishna Bhavan restaurant closed.
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 09:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
A lot of them- especially near the town's enroute will have to shut down/ relocate because they will get bypassed.
Empire, Maddur which used to be quite popular has already relocated further down, just before the Maddur bypass starts while coming from Bangalore side, close to where one of the 2 MTR Shivalli is. The access is good for those who travel in Mysore -Bangalore direction, but not so for the opposite direction.

Another 2 popular ones- Thimmadas and Adigas are yet to relocate. Not sure if Adigas will, now that the original founder Mr. Vasudev Adiga has sold the brand off and started another one by name Paakashaala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
But after this break, we could not get on to the wide & smooth main highway from the service lane at all for a quite a distance
Almost 3kms on the service road before joining back.

Last edited by sandsun7 : 27th July 2022 at 10:00.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 15:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Travelled on the Bangalore Mysore expressway last Friday. Rather on service road adjacent to the under construction expressway. Surprisingly the progress from my last drive, Nov 21, was miniscule. We were on the finished part for totally 19 kms, the longest being 9 kms balance in 2/3 km stretches. There were many finished sections but traffic was not allowed on them. None of the bypasses are complete.

Work is going on VERY SLOWLY. And in my opinion will overshoot the scheduled date of October 22. I would think 2024 most likely for the complete road.
goandude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 13:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Ravindra D for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
I get on Team-BHP and follow a few threads quite often. Not a member though. Just wanted to add some info to this thread

I did some research on this expressway. The centre 3-3 lanes will be tolled and will have NO entry/exits in between. Only MYS-BLR traffic there. The 2 lane service roads on either side that snake up and down every single underpass/overpass will be the primary connection for everyone else. And it would be far worse than the current highway. 2 lanes on either side abutting the roadside establishments means chaos all the way if I'm heading to say Mandya! God help us if it rains. And, ha, forget the restaurant access being discussed in the thread. Those on the expressway will be barricaded all the way and will have to make do with rest stops that would be in place every 40 km or so. Can't get in and out on the service roads as they wish. I ply to Ramanagara regularly and have seen every single temporary entry/exit between the highway and the service road slowly getting blocked off by a 6 feet tall chain link fence!

Thanks, Ravi.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 17:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

Actually, I don’t mind that the access to those innumerable restaurants aren’t easy anymore. Almost all restaurants on our highways, especially the Blr-Mys ones are just abutting the highways. And most people drastically slow down in deciding where they want to stop. It causes more mishaps.

By restricted access, it’ll help better with the drives. I love the food plazas that are constructed just off the highways. Eg. the Mumbai-Pune ones. It’s very clear where one would stop for a break. Leaves everyone else on the highway to drive at peace.
Old 6th August 2022, 17:23   #58
BHPian

If there are no exits to major towns or to at least fully functional service plazas (with restaurants, fuel stations etc.), it is a bad design!
ccnarayanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 18:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

What does this mean? If I have to go to Srirangapatana from Bangalore, I have to go to Mysore and come back on the service road?

And one cannot use this highway for town to town commute, say Ramanagara to Mandya and so on..?
Old 6th August 2022, 19:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
What does this mean? If I have to go to Srirangapatana from Bangalore, I have to go to Mysore and come back on the service road?

And one cannot use this highway for town to town commute, say Ramanagara to Mandya and so on..?
Even if the reported "no exits" is true (can't imagine why one should not be provided for Maddur and Mandya at the least).

In you case, the Ganganooru toll plaza is just before Srirangapattana, so you I'm sure you can still use the expressway.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed