Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2022, 12:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Route query about an All-India road-trip

That's quite a dream for many that you've planned and are close to executing it. Congratulations for this.

I would give a heads up on Bihar and Bengal roads. Many highways are very good, but expect a hell lot of truck traffic in these states. Roads pass through small villages and towns, People and livestock love being on roads and drive you crazy very fast. Expect a lot of traffic and traffic jams.

If you want to be sane, a ballpark estimate would be to not drive more than 300kms a day in these states(considering your long trip).

Bonus tip: Keep your head cool and totally avoid road rage/egoistic driving/triggering maneuvers. Few people(everywhere, particularly in our country's northern part) get triggered even on being overtaken by a smaller vehicle. GIVE WAY to everyone willing to overtake you, specially Fortuners and Scorpios . At the same time, don't be afraid and don't overthink. Enjoy the drive.

Good luck.

Last edited by amods : 17th March 2022 at 12:17.
amods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 16:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
You will be one more inspiration and motivation for me to do a trip like this which is still in my dreams and wants stage. Of course, your travelogue will be another handbook as well for future travelers like me.

All the best and wish you a safe and sound trip.
Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
That’s one heck of a trip mate.

I get the point where you want to cover all the capitals of states and UT’s as part of your epic trip. There has to be a definitive destination in a journey otherwise it gets aimless. Even Google maps asks for a destination every time

Since you have taken out time of about 2 months to complete the trip keep a buffer as there will be contingencies in such a long journey.

Wish you the very best
2 month is just an estimation, not really thinking about when the trip will end at this point of time, few days here and there is fine with me.
Thanks for the encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
That's quite a dream for many that you've planned and are close to executing it. Congratulations for this.

I would give a heads up on Bihar and Bengal roads. Many highways are very good, but expect a hell lot of truck traffic in these states. Roads pass through small villages and towns, People and livestock love being on roads and drive you crazy very fast. Expect a lot of traffic and traffic jams.

If you want to be sane, a ballpark estimate would be to not drive more than 300kms a day in these states(considering your long trip).

Bonus tip: Keep your head cool and totally avoid road rage/egoistic driving/triggering maneuvers. Few people(everywhere, particularly in our country's northern part) get triggered even on being overtaken by a smaller vehicle. GIVE WAY to everyone willing to overtake you, specially Fortuners and Scorpios . At the same time, don't be afraid and don't overthink. Enjoy the drive.

Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up. Driving int he northern part of India will be a new experience for me. But yes you find all kinds of people in all parts so guess nothing different I suppose. I will be restricting myself to 7 - 8 hours of drive on a daily basis. Considering these are unfamiliar roads for me my target is also 300 - 350 kms per day.
Old 17th March 2022, 17:44   #18
BHPian

As part of this trip, I will be travelling from Bhubaneswar to Raipur. If i need to take a day break on the way some where midway ( lets say after about 5 - 6 hours of drive) what could be an ideal place?

Route query about an All-India road-trip-screenshot-20220317-174251.jpg

Google is suggesting following route.

Couldn't find a travel query thread between these 2 places. If anyone has traveled this route, it would be helpful if you can share your input.
Old 18th March 2022, 06:57   #19
BHPian

And here is the introduction video for this trip.

We have named this trip as CapitalConnect based on the theme chosen for the trip.
Regular update on this trip will be available on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/kiran.i.rao/
https://www.instagram.com/susham.rao/

Also you can follow the progress of the trip using #CapitalConnect & #thirugata on twitter.

A detailed travelogue will follow at a later stage.
thirugata is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 11:30   #20
BHPian

All the best, Susham & Kiran! Will definitely follow on social media and root for you three! (the two of you, and third companion, Fabia )

I had planned for a similar trip focused on driving through state capitals in 2016, during a two month sabbatical. Couldn't materialize it then, but still hoping for it in the future. Your experience will be helpful for the same.

I just completed a 7000 kms trip from Mumbai--Jaipur--Delhi--Bhopal--Delhi--Chandigarh--Kullu--Mohali--Manali--Delhi--Jaipur--Mumbai. Still to write the TL, but happy to share any info on these routes

Good luck and enjoy the epic journey!

Cheers!!!
VT-RNS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 12:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-RNS View Post
All the best, Susham & Kiran! Will definitely follow on social media and root for you three! (the two of you, and third companion, Fabia )

I had planned for a similar trip focused on driving through state capitals

I just completed a 7000 kms trip from Mumbai--Jaipur--Delhi--Bhopal--Delhi--Chandigarh--Kullu--Mohali--Manali--Delhi--Jaipur--Mumbai.

Cheers!!!
Thank you very much for encouragement.
Hope you get to execute the plan you had made soon.
Will look forward to reading the travelogue of your recent trip.
Old 20th March 2022, 19:15   #22
BHPian

Name:  Day1 2.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  71.6 KB

Route taken: Bangalore - Chitradurga - Dharward - Ramnagra - Panaji
Any suggestions for places for food on the way from Panaji to Mumbai welcome.
thirugata is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 19:02   #23
BHPian

Name:  Day2.jpg
Views: 1510
Size:  68.8 KB

Route taken: Panaji-Amboli-Nipani-Satara-Pune
thirugata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 19:05   #24
BHPian

Name:  Day3.jpg
Views: 1552
Size:  72.0 KB

Route taken : No brainer, Mumbai Pune Expressway

Name:  Day4.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  67.3 KB

Route taken: Mumbai - Nandigram - Dadra - Daman - Surat
Next 3 days will be spent driving around in Guj, as we drive towards Diu and then to Gandhinagar. Any suggestions for food joints welcome.
Old 27th March 2022, 17:25   #25
BHPian

Name:  Day5.jpg
Views: 1479
Size:  69.1 KB

Route taken : Surat - Bharuch - Vadodra - Vataman - Sanes - Bhavnagar

Name:  Day67.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  70.6 KB

Route taken : Bhavnagar - Trapaj - Talaja - Bhaguda - Mahuva - Pipavar - Timbli - Una - Diu

Name:  Day8.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  70.3 KB

Route taken: Diu - Amreli - Lathi - Gadhara - Ranpur - Bagodra - Balva - Gandhinagar

Any recommendation for food joints on the way from Gandhinagar to Bhopal is welcome

Last edited by thirugata : 27th March 2022 at 17:26.
Old 27th March 2022, 19:45   #26
BHPian

thirugata, can you please post some interesting highlights of each of your day along with the routes , will be interesting for those following your journey
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 22:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
thirugata, can you please post some interesting highlights of each of your day along with the routes , will be interesting for those following your journey
A detailed travelogue will be written after the trip is over. This thread is only for people to know how I am progressing and if anyone wants to share any inputs for my next leg of journey.
Old 27th March 2022, 23:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
As part of this trip, I will be travelling from Bhubaneswar to Raipur. If i need to take a day break on the way some where midway ( lets say after about 5 - 6 hours of drive) what could be an ideal place?

Attachment 2285607

Google is suggesting following route.

Couldn't find a travel query thread between these 2 places. If anyone has traveled this route, it would be helpful if you can share your input.
Wish you good luck and a happy journey on the trip. Looking forward to see a travelogue soon.

The google maps suggested routes within Odisha is 2 lane and not of very high quality. I wish I could share some pics. A slightly longer but better route would be Bhubaneswar - Redhakhol - Sambalpur and you could rest in Sambalpur or Bargarh. Please note that I have not travelled on either route recently but have travelled for about 200KM from Bhubaneswar on both the routes. Adding the proposed route map for your reference.

Route query about an All-India road-trip-screen-shot-20220327-11.04.01-pm.png
dwarika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 06:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarika View Post
Wish you good luck and a happy journey on the trip. Looking forward to see a travelogue soon.

Attachment 2289258
Thank you very much Dwarika for sharing the information you have gathered. Will check this route when I reach Bhubaneswar.
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 14:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
Thank you very much Dwarika for sharing the information you have gathered. Will check this route when I reach Bhubaneswar.
Its my pleasure Thirugata. I am in Bhubaneswar for next 20-30 days and if you happen to be here during that period and need any information then feel free to connect.

Once again, wish you a lovely and success trip.
dwarika is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks