Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 13:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Hi gd thanks a lot. can you please tell me how much time will it take and what will be the right time to leave to avoid any traffic. Any other tip will be useful
@Bruty,i once left at 4 from Noida and at 8.15 i was on Mussoorie road after crossing Dehradun.

that was the best and least tiring trip i ever had to Mussoorie.

so just try to leave early as you can
Old 14th April 2008, 14:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Like I said earlier stop for breakfast at Cheetal Grand if you need to, I would suppose you would be there around 9am.
cann you please tell me teh route I shd take, I know GD has given me very good link, but still any more information will be good and where should I stay.
Old 14th April 2008, 14:12   #18
BHPian

@Bruty

Delhi-Muradnagar-Modinagar-Merrut bypass-Muzaffarnagar (Go thru the city if you reach there before 9 am else take bypass)-Roorkee-D'dun-Mussorie

If you leave at 4 AM , should be in Mussorie by 10 AM...depending on budget you could try some hotels, weekend in summers is always crowded there..I stayed in Hotel Shilton ..it was nice ...

Hope it helps
Old 14th April 2008, 14:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

See the map attached below

Advise hotel in Dehradun / Mussoori-delhimussoorie.jpg

Leave before 6 and you should be at Cheetal in about 3 - 3.5 hours., Stop there for a lovely lip smacking breakfast and then proceed toward doon, should reach in a maximum of 2 hours. From there its an hours drive to Mussoorrie ( All Hilly terrain from Doon ).

The time is calculated if you do between 70 - 90 kph.

Will advise on hotels soon.
Old 14th April 2008, 20:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

The n number of times that I've gone to Haridwar - Rishikesh - Rajaji - Dehradoon - Mussorrie, I've left between 5 & 5:30 am and have stopped at Cheetal grand for breakfast & loo. And then straight to Haridwar.

When the roads were bad, in my amby I used to reach haridwar by 10 latest. Recently I've managed to reach Doon, without going to haridwar by about 11:30.

Quote:
Hi gd thanks a lot. can you please tell me how much time will it take and what will be the right time to leave to avoid any traffic. Any other tip will be useful
Old 16th April 2008, 18:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bruty - Did you book any hotel for Mussoorie ?

There are plenty of good hotels there, Hotel Shipra is a good option. I think they charge 1500 per night if you bargain well.

It is high season right now so book before you go.
Old 17th April 2008, 18:26   #22
BHPian

Guys, sorry for delays, but i have changed my plans, instead of massoorie I am going to Jim Corbett park. I have booked my stay there in Riverside resort.
Old 18th April 2008, 01:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Corbett Riverside run by Leisure Hotels?
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:07   #24
BHPian

Yes, It is really a nice property with lots of open space, pool and river flows in front of it. Kids really enjoy the open place, swings and pool so it was really nice time out. It took 5 hrs while going but took 3.45 hrs while comming back non stop. The road between Hapoor and Moradabad is bad otherwise its nice drive.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, It is really a nice property with lots of open space, pool and river flows in front of it. Kids really enjoy the open place, swings and pool so it was really nice time out. It took 5 hrs while going but took 3.45 hrs while comming back non stop. The road between Hapoor and Moradabad is bad otherwise its nice drive.
It must be hot over there?
Do you have much to do (From kids perspective) ?
Do they offer any packages ?
Old 28th April 2008, 12:06   #26
BHPian

It was ok that time. They have huge open space with swings, thye have swimming pool, which you can use free of charge, then you can walk into the river, although the water was not that much but still it was enough for the kids and for adults to enjoy and take dip in the cold water . So kids can enjoy a lot. There was some inside games also like pool etrc, but we were not interested in them.
Old 29th April 2008, 14:29   #27
BHPian

I just came back from Jim Corbett day before. Stayed at the Ramganga Resort which is in the protected area, 35kms from main area. Excellent place, stayed in the luxury tents. Drive to this place was superb!!

Cost us INR 8040 for 2 people 2N/3D, including all meals and use of all facilities. The Ramganga river is right in front of the resort, so all in all, I give it 5 stars!

Last edited by ankitahuja : 29th April 2008 at 14:31.
Old 29th April 2008, 18:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Wow - That is a good bargain Ankit !! Is this season high or season low ?

Also what is the weather in Corbett nowadays ? I plan to go end of next month maybe. Will consider this place definetely.
Old 29th April 2008, 18:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

End of next month will be both hot & full Varun.
Old 30th April 2008, 03:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Wow - That is a good bargain Ankit !! Is this season high or season low ?

Also what is the weather in Corbett nowadays ? I plan to go end of next month maybe. Will consider this place definetely.
The season is low now, the packages are available on their website direct, but I got the booking from makemytrip (used the HSBC card for an additional cash back )

The weather towards the evening was simply AWESOME, only used the fan at night as it was kinda chilly. The sun was harsh but nothing that you can not stand but I assume it will be hot end of next month like Ishan says.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks