Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Advise hotel in Dehradun / Mussoori

Hi All,

A few days back I decided to travel from Agra - Delhi with wifey and then towards Dehradun & Mussoorie by Road ( Accent ). I have not been there in a while. SO I thought of taking advise from you folks on this. Is the Road OK ? I know I will have to cross Meerut etc. but that is fine. I plan to leave delhi before 5 in the morning. I need to know good hotels in Dehradun / Mussoorie. For dehradun I looked up Ajanta Continental @ 2400 / p.n & for Mussoorrie I decided on Comfort Inn Fort Resort @ 8000/- 2n3days incl all meals etc. JP was booked and it was also 3 times the fort resorts price !! A bit steep I felt.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or someone can advise who has been there recently. Cheers bhpians !!! All advise & comments welcome.
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dehradun to Mussoorie is only about 40 km so if you want you can stay in Mussoorie straight away ...If u want to stay in doon , you can also check out Hotel Madhuban ,should be around the same range as Ajanta ..and its really good. Mussoorie , u can try the savoy ..nice place .Make sure u check out water availibility in mussoorie as it tends to be a biiggg problem especially during this time.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:31   #3
BHPian

no use stayin in doon : its gonna be hot
its better to drive to mussoorie. good options there are:

hotel nand residency
Hotel Nand Residency - The Mall - Kulri - Mussoorie

kasmanda palace.
delhi no - 0112632424

Savoy hotel
del no : 011-2632120/2010
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Road from Delhi to Meerut is ok, patchy in places but not too bad since it's a 4-lane albeit a narrow one! You can have breakfast at Cheetal Grand about 15-odd kms before Muzaffarnagar, atleast the place is clean & the gardens are great. Roads from Meerut onwards I don't ahve much idea about.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the Inputs Guys -

@Sammyboy - Will be staying for a night at doon, Madhuban looks really good. Might stay here.

@bunnypunia - kasmanda palace looks nice. Someone told me Nand res hotel has a parking problem as its situated in the heart of the city.

@iraghava - Thanks, Yes everyone told me Cheetal is a good place, I suppose roads will be OK. I stay in Agra so am used to Bad roads

Last edited by vkochar : 2nd July 2007 at 14:50. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:29   #6
BHPian

meerut-muzzafarnagar : bad roads

I had been to dehradoon a month back and roads between meerut and muzaffarnagar are really bad, they are undertaking some road widening so the traffic is real bad.

You should cater enough time for yourself, as you are starting early morning so should get clear traffic but just to inform you.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Will be staying for a night at doon, Madhuban looks really good. Might stay here.
Madhuban is good, you can also try Clark's which is opposite Madhuban (a little further up on the road to Mussoorie) it might have been renamed though.
Old 2nd July 2007, 22:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

ok....so you're comin here....good...dehradun isn't hot as of now because its raining....quite comfy

so hotels in dun would be:

1.madhuban
2.great value(clarks earlier)
3.ajanta

then in mussorie

well to tell you its all booked...just a few days back it was completely full...so much so that people had to resort to sleep in cars....this was even covered in newspapers and local news channels...lol....

well in any case if you look for a hotel in the mall then i'm afraid you'll have to be really lucky to find accomodation....

check this out if you haven't...

Hotels & Resorts in Mussoorie-Uttaranchal. Get tariffs & tour packages for deluxe, luxury, honeymoon accommodation in Mussoorie

another one is nabha palace....its near jaypee ....its very very nice hotel...for 2 days 3 nights its about 13k...and its damn awesome....but its about 10 minutes away from mussoorie

and then if you want to experience something out of the way there is Jharipani castle resort....you get to stay in tents...very good tents....

just check this link out too....it'll give you a better idea

Mussoorie, Hotels in Mussoorie, Mussoorie Hotels, Mussoorie Packages, Hotels & Resorts Mussoorie.

other than this incase you land in mussoorie and don't find any accomodation then either you can come down to dun or else you can go to clouds end....its a isolated resort....check this out....

Welcome to CLOUD END FOREST RESORT

rest pm me if you need any more info or my number....and have a good time and do remember to drive safe in the hill roads....have been seeing a lot of stupid driving by tourists....like overtaking on the curves....don't do it....
Old 3rd July 2007, 07:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

@ navpreet - thanks for all this Info, great help, I did book Comfort Inn Fort Resorts - How is it ? Let me know ?
Old 4th July 2007, 23:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

yup it is a good hotel....a bit away from the hustle and pretty beautiful too...

take that room which has its own mini kitchen...helps a lot....food is decent enough but prefer to have only breakfast there and have lunch and dinner outside...there are many good restraunts ...try them

do go to gunhill ...when its cloudy or in the evening...beautiful....

have a early morning walk on the camel's back road...it runs parallel to the mall road , behind the mussorie hill....(if you are inclined that ways...silent walk..lol)

when are you coming there....you might hear the roar of the ninja some silent morning....lol.....
Old 13th July 2007, 12:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys - Tanks a tonne for all yr inputs regarding hotels etc. I just got back last night from my small holiday. It was awesome !!!

Doon - I Stayed in Ajanta @ 2400 /-. It was a nice place. I quite liked doon, its a nice place with a lot of young crowd. Anyways my reason of staying there was meeting someone, which I did.

Next morning after having good sandwiches at a bakery in doon, I left for Mussoorie, the drive was excellent, Not much traffic, but with the clouds covering all the roads, the place looked just awesome.

I reached Comfort Inn fort resorts in 45 minutes from Doon & was I in shock !!! The place was yuckkkk !!! I drove up to the reception area and the place looked OLD, Good thing was I just booked over the phone and did not pay any advance, I told the wifey to go check out the hotel and I stayed outside ( I thought let her decide this one so that I would not be blamed bcoz she took the decision ),she came back in 10 minutes & said she hated the place, not worth at all.

Now this was a problem - I said where the hell do I go now, with peak season crowd in most of the good hotels. I drove around Mussoorrie for half an hr looking at hotels outide. I then remembered waht Navpreet told me - he mentioned a place - Claridges Nabha, I went there, just before Jaypee. Boy this place was awesome , it was full of course, but they had 2 rooms available. Big ones - Duplex rooms. They even gave me a discount !!! I paid 11000 /- ( 2nites 3days incl brkfast dinner ). This was a really good deal.

I loved the place and best part was wifey also loved the place. I parked my car just outside my room. We also had a lovely sitting area with table & couch just outside the room. I had a bottle of Absolut with me. Finished half of it in 2 days !! Lol

Overall lovely time I had, Roads were quite OK. Traffic was bad near meerut where they are widening the roads. I left yesterday from Mussoorie at 10:30 in the morning, drove straight to Cheetal which is I would say about 180 kms from mussoorie. Took me a little less than 4 hrs to do this bot as it was really pouring the last one hour. Had lunch at cheetal ( excellent place ), then drove straight to Badarpur Border via Delhi - Noida. Stopped at Nirulas on Badarpur Border. Then drove straight to agra. Total time - 11 hrs. Stoppage time around 2 hrs. Distance - 485 kms. Result - Bl***y tired.

Will post pics soon. Lemme know how to do this.
Old 14th April 2008, 09:31   #12
BHPian

Guys i am planning for mussoori for this weekend, Can you please help to find the best route for mussorri. i am planning to leave friday early morning from delhi.

Also tell me teh best plavce to stay though it should not be too expensive. i have 2 kids with me , one is 3 yrs and other is 1 yrs. So there should be some open space in teh hotel so taht kids can enjoy playing.
Old 14th April 2008, 11:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Check this out - MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!

The roads would have improved by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Guys i am planning for mussoori for this weekend, Can you please help to find the best route for mussorri. i am planning to leave friday early morning from delhi.

Also tell me teh best plavce to stay though it should not be too expensive. i have 2 kids with me , one is 3 yrs and other is 1 yrs. So there should be some open space in teh hotel so taht kids can enjoy playing.
Old 14th April 2008, 12:39   #14
BHPian

Hi gd thanks a lot. can you please tell me how much time will it take and what will be the right time to leave to avoid any traffic. Any other tip will be useful
Old 14th April 2008, 13:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Leave early morning 5am-6am preferably as then you would cross Meerut by 8am which is the worst stretch with regards to traffic & congestion. After that it shouldn't be that bad.

Like I said earlier stop for breakfast at Cheetal Grand if you need to, I would suppose you would be there around 9am.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks