Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 11:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

Dude you are in the wrong section.. Mods, can you please move this to the travel queries ?

and for your query.. what i came to know is that the road is officially closed for 4-5 months and i suggest you to take alternate routes(give a search in travel queries)
Old 12th October 2007, 13:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

ganeshtp please use the search feature or check under the Route queries section. This route,conditions and alternates has been discussed a gazillion times.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:40   #63
BHPian

Gazillion times, but in the past.

Just 3-4 days before read in the newspaper that the Shiradi ghat is closed to traffic for 5 weeks as the roads are being repaired. Hope this was the info you were looking for.

regards
Bullfrog
Old 12th October 2007, 15:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

Ganesh as you kmow shiradi ghats is closed, you can either go by Charmadi or Bisle.

Also you can go by madikeri.

but the roads are not in a good shape
Old 12th October 2007, 15:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Ganesh can you tell us the reason why you want to know the road condition ?
as you know there are alot of buses, flights to go to mangalore.. if you are looking for just a road trip there are other destinations around bangalore, where you have decent road.

I bought a car this year so that i can keep travelling to my hometown every month..That dream is yet to become a reality
Old 12th October 2007, 15:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

I bought a car this year so that i can keep travelling to my hometown every month..That dream is yet to become a reality
Rajesh looking at these road conditions am planning to upgrade to a jeep
Old 12th October 2007, 17:17   #67
BHPian

the "udayavani" mentioned that the ghat is closed for heavy vehicles only. if there was some way this news could be confirmed
Old 12th October 2007, 20:22   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

A 4WD with a winch up front, no doubt.
Old 12th October 2007, 20:32   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I am on that plan for a few months now. I even sold my car, but not able to pick the Jeep.
Old 13th October 2007, 10:03   #70
BHPian

Roads??? Who needs roads???

Well... i stay in MANGALORE!! Have experienced the worst conditions here in the past few months!! as explained in this thread, i dont need to say how bad the road conditions are in & around mlore!! I pity all the people (EXCLUDING MYSELF) in & around mlore!! the ones who got Honda civics are the worst hit!! they are not even dreaming of taking the vehicles beyond city limits!! I myself, have not taken my ford ikon beyond city limits for over 3 months now!!

Now u might feel why the title- "Roads??? Who needs roads???" is mentioned!! am getting to tat point!! U might not believe it, but my jeep has been my daily usage vehicle for over 3 months now!! i dont prefer to take the vehicle out in the rains as i dont have the standard soft top!! but i have no other option!!

I wil try to put up some snaps of the latest road conditions in a couple of days!! But take my word!! people thinking of driving towards mlore, Pls STOP THINKING!! The locals here, have got no other choice!!

If u have an offroader, or an suv, then i will invite all of u to come here!! this is a parardise for hardcore off-roaders!! U might never get such an opportunity again!! U might have been to off roading areas far far away from the city!! but to be off-raoding in the heart of the city, is a great experience!!

So come to MANGALORE!! A paradise for OFF-ROADERS!!!
Old 13th October 2007, 13:45   #71
BHPian

O.K folks SUV it is then for now! BUT can i come through shiradi now? If no,any news on when it will be open for LMV users?
Old 16th October 2007, 13:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
O.K folks SUV it is then for now! BUT can i come through shiradi now? If no,any news on when it will be open for LMV users?
Yes,you can go thro but,will take a whole lotta time.There are people living around here, so they need to move around right? Thus,cars 2wheelers & autos allowed.Also,some deviations to be taken.But,do you really,really want to go ?......I would'nt.
Old 16th October 2007, 14:04   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bangalore-Mangalore passenger train is supposed to be finally launched in Nov 07. It will go the longer route via Arsikere rather than directly via Hassan as I understand going directly via Hassan would have led to catastrophic results for KSRTC's financial performance.
Old 16th October 2007, 14:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I am on that plan for a few months now. I even sold my car, but not able to pick the Jeep.
hehe am planning to sell my OHC and go for a tough machine. dont expect roads to improve. if it does also it wont remain the same for long. so might aswell have a machine which doesnt complain
Old 16th October 2007, 14:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
Yes,you can go thro but,will take a whole lotta time.There are people living around here, so they need to move around right? Thus,cars 2wheelers & autos allowed.Also,some deviations to be taken.But,do you really,really want to go ?......I would'nt.
Hmmm...Good point. I was just curious to know the present and future plans(if known in a confirmed way that is), but yours is a right piece of advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks