Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:35   #136
BHPian

re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
It's about 15 kms extra, but would certainly be worth it if the road conditions are decent and the traffic not too heavy. How much time did it take you from Nagercoil to Trivandrum ?
The road condition is great. Absolutely smooth surface. It's a single lane road so can't really go very fast but much more relaxed and peaceful as the traffic is not as heavy as on the highway..

It's around 40kms from East Fort to join Nh47 at kaliyakkavilai ( pretty close to google maps numbers). It took exactly an hour for me (Saturday evening around 4 PM start) to do this stretch and I wasn't rushing too much.
sbkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:23   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Recently had to travel to Tvm from NGL and found this alternate route from Kaliyakkavilai. Quite a decent drive compared to the regular NH47

Kaliakkavilai, Tamil Nadu, India to Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - Google Maps

You can try this route also from Nager coil to Pazhaya Uchakkada.Of course its bit longer, but you will enjoy a good ride and will not suffer the tiresome Nagercoil-Trivandrum traffic

Kaliakkavilai, Tamil Nadu, India to Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - Google Maps
Old 31st March 2012, 21:30   #138
BHPian

I will be travelling from kollam to bangalore on this monday. Shortest route available is through senkottai madhurai. Any one travelled recently through this route? How is the road condition?
Old 16th April 2012, 14:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionforcars View Post
You can try this route also from Nager coil to Pazhaya Uchakkada.Of course its bit longer, but you will enjoy a good ride and will not suffer the tiresome Nagercoil-Trivandrum traffic

I will be driving to Trivandrum on April 2ist and would reach Nagercoil by around 1:30 PM. Is it worth to take this route? Will the travel time be equal/less than the conventional route? Also, is it easy to find directions?
My final destination will be Kesavadasapuram.
Old 25th April 2012, 20:40   #140
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I will be driving to Trivandrum on April 2ist and would reach Nagercoil by around 1:30 PM. Is it worth to take this route? Will the travel time be equal/less than the conventional route? Also, is it easy to find directions?
My final destination will be Kesavadasapuram.
Hi Pramod, Are you in Trivandrum now? I am also planning to drive down to Trivandrum via Nagercoil on 5th May. This is my first drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum. Could you please let me know the road condition along the stretch and also other things to be considered.
Old 26th April 2012, 17:44   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR

Hi Pramod, Are you in Trivandrum now? I am also planning to drive down to Trivandrum via Nagercoil on 5th May. This is my first drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum. Could you please let me know the road condition along the stretch and also other things to be considered.
I reached trivandrum on Apr 21st. Started from Bangalore at 4:41 am and reached Trivandrum at 5:00 pm with total breaks of around 2 hrs. Road condition is excellent till Nagercoil. NAgercoil Trivandrum has heavy traffic. Be careful in this stretch.
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:55   #142
Senior - BHPian

More details on my Trivandrum drive on Apr 2ist here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2763920
Old 10th May 2012, 10:51   #143
Senior - BHPian

I'm travelling next week from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Salem, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Nagercoil - the usual route, starting maybe at 6am from trivandrum. The one thing I have heard is the traffic from Nagercoil to Trivandrum. What would be the best time to traverse this route. In other words, what time in the evening would the traffic start building on this stretch?
Old 10th May 2012, 11:01   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I'm travelling next week from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Salem, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Nagercoil - the usual route, starting maybe at 6am from trivandrum. The one thing I have heard is the traffic from Nagercoil to Trivandrum. What would be the best time to traverse this route. In other words, what time in the evening would the traffic start building on this stretch?
You mean, you will leave from Bangalore at 6 am?

Nagercoil-TVM sector si bad at all times, except between 10 pm & 7 am!
Normally, worst times will be evenings 4 - 8 pm when school/ college/ commuter traffic also peaks.

I would suggest you leave Bangalore by 4 am so that you can reach Nagercoil before 3 pm.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 11:13   #145
Senior - BHPian

I started from Bangalore at 4:40 AM and reached Nagercoil at 2:00 PM with breaks of 1.5 hours on April 21st.
Old 10th May 2012, 11:30   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You mean, you will leave from Bangalore at 6 am?
Yes, sorry, I meant I plan to start from Bangalore at 6am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I started from Bangalore at 4:40 AM and reached Nagercoil at 2:00 PM with breaks of 1.5 hours on April 21st.
I plan to carry breakfast, but is there a good place I could stop for a lunch - maybe between Tirunelveli and Nagercoil or before that.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:05   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I plan to carry breakfast, but is there a good place I could stop for a lunch - maybe between Tirunelveli and Nagercoil or before that.
You can try Capsi Family restaurant. I have had lunch there once on the way from Tirvandrum to Bangalore but for my Bangalore Trivandrum drives, I stop at Nagercoil. Details of Capsi can be found here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2685880
Old 11th May 2012, 11:38   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The one thing I have heard is the traffic from Nagercoil to Trivandrum. What would be the best time to traverse this route. In other words, what time in the evening would the traffic start building on this stretch?
As hvkumar has mentioned the best time to travel this route would be before 7am or after 10PM. Be prepared for a minimum of 2hrs journey, mostly it depends on the time you take to cross marthandam. If this is the first time you are driving this stretch then please be extra cautious as you will come across lots of turns(straight stretches are rare). Also, currently the road condition is not good till you enter Kerala.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 11:50   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
As hvkumar has mentioned the best time to travel this route would be before 7am or after 10PM. Be prepared for a minimum of 2hrs journey, mostly it depends on the time you take to cross marthandam. If this is the first time you are driving this stretch then please be extra cautious as you will come across lots of turns(straight stretches are rare). Also, currently the road condition is not good till you enter Kerala.
Thanks, I would anyway not be within the lean time, so ready to face it. I have driven a lot between Thuckalay and Trivandrum, so know this stretch well.
Old 12th October 2012, 19:52   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Recently had to travel to Tvm from NGL and found this alternate route from Kaliyakkavilai. Quite a decent drive compared to the regular NH47

Great info.
I will be going to Poovar during the Dussera vacation and was planning for exactly the same route by looking at google maps and then I came across your post. So now I am going to stick to this route.
Any idea about how is the road condition after the monsoon? And will it be difficult to navigate on this route, I mean, are the directions properly available in english? (I don't have any knowledge of malayali)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks