Team-BHP - Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/26059-trivandrum-bangalore-route-queries-12.html)

hi All
I was going through google maps and it gave me the below route to bypas nagercoil
https://maps.google.co.in/maps/ms?ms...fe82f07c&msa=0

Anyone taken this route. Please let me know whether this would be a better option than going to Nagercoil and then trivandrum in terms of road and traffic
this is a combination of SH 45 and SH 90 From Aralvaimozhi to Marthandam

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf (Post 2993572)
hi All
I was going through google maps and it gave me the below route to bypas nagercoil
https://maps.google.co.in/maps/ms?ms...fe82f07c&msa=0

Anyone taken this route. Please let me know whether this would be a better option than going to Nagercoil and then trivandrum in terms of road and traffic
this is a combination of SH 45 and SH 90 From Aralvaimozhi to Marthandam

As far as I know the roads in those part of KK dist are not good at all. Its difficult to find a good stretch. Also, most probably they will be single lane roads only and might me remote areas. With a 2 year old kid with you, I would say a definite NO. Don't consider this option until and unless some one has opted this route very recently and has a good feedback.

Last time during the same time(Christmas Season), it took me 1Hr:30Mins to cover the last 5 Kms to enter Nagercoil and this was around 12:30 PM. This being a Christmas Season, the only way to escape this traffic is crossing Nagercoil after 10:00 PM or early morning hours.

So, if possible start around 2:00 PM from Bangalore and continue your journey till Trivandrum. This will help you to avoid traffic both at Nagercoil and Marthandam. Else take a break and be prepared for the traffic.

Hi,
Are we talking about this route to bypass Nagercoil?
I think i posted this question in a wrong thread, so re posting here. Any first hand feedback would help lot of people in escaping the Nagercoil traffic.

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-bypass-nagercoil.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathlal (Post 2999205)
Hi,
Are we talking about this route to bypass Nagercoil?
I think i posted this question in a wrong thread, so re posting here. Any first hand feedback would help lot of people in escaping the Nagercoil traffic.

Attachment 1030669

I have been to some of the towns on that route and not driven the entire stretch. IMO this would not save any time for the reason that it would be mostly single/narrow two lane roads and populated overall. Maintaining decent speeds would be a problem definitely. Change of scenary -yes, Saving time - I doubt.

While coming from Tvm, how to catch on to the NICE road?
I have to goto Bannerghetta IIM, and would like to know the best way to reach there, with minimal traffic.
Expecting to hit Hosur by 1 PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathlal (Post 3000623)
I have to goto Bannerghetta IIM, and would like to know the best way to reach there, with minimal traffic.

As you approach electronic city toll ( can't miss it ), go straight past it ( i.e don't take the toll road ).

As soon as you go past it, keep left and you will sign for Nice Road. You will hit a set of lights, after the lights, deviate left onto the service road, this road basically takes a left curve onto NICE road. Most of the heavy trucks take this road as well just in case if you get confused.

From Nice road ( toll to Bannerghatta i think is Rs 25 ) its about 5-10 min ride max. Look out for Bannerghatta exit, after the exit, take left on the main road and from here on its one straight road all the way to IIM. ( probably around 10 -15 min from here )

Quote:

About 14 kms after you pass the Attibele toll, look out for the start of the Elevated road at E-City (Comes up in about 200 meters after you pass the Huskur Gate traffic signal). Do not get on to the Elevated road, but stick to lane on the extreme right which goes straight (without getting into the toll gates for BETL). In about 2 kms from there you come to a signal light - move to the left lane by then and get on to the service lane at this signal. You'll see the ramp to the NICE road ahead of you in about 100 meters or so.

Bannerghata road is the first exit on NICE road. Turn right on Bannerghata road (towards Bangalore) to go to IIM (About 4 to 5 kms).

Quote:

You can also the take the service lane which is extreme left to the EC toll, keep going on this service lane and within a Km you should be able to find the NICE road entry on the left. You will be able to see a sign board pointing towards Bannerghatta/Mysore/Tumkur.
Quote:

Originally Posted by redballons (Post 3000659)

From Nice road ( toll to Bannerghatta i think is Rs 25 ) its about 5-10 min ride max.

It is Rs 30 now.

Friends,

I am planning a trip to Trivandrum from Bangalore this Saturday via Madurai.

Currently, hoping to leave B'lore by 6 PM (not before that, as I have some work to do) and my guess is that I would be at Nagercoil by 4 AM.

So, how long will it take to cross Nagercoil-Trivndrum section? and how will be the traffic on this stretch on a Sunday morning (say till 7 AM).

My return trip is on Monday afternoon and plan is to leave trivandrum by 1 PM. Hopefully, the traffic would be less at that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsfreak (Post 3078220)
Friends,

Currently, hoping to leave B'lore by 6 PM (not before that, as I have some work to do) and my guess is that I would be at Nagercoil by 4 AM.

If you reach Nagercoil by 4 AM, then it would be a breeze to cover the stretch to Trivandrum within 1.5 hours. But if it is after 6 AM, it could take upto 3 hours.

But looking at your plan to start at 6 PM from Bangalore, you should be comfortably reaching Nagercoil even before 4 AM.

Please see this post if you need approximate time and distance between the places. (I was driving from Hyderabad and took a break at Dindigul in Jan 2013)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3014724

Quote:

Originally Posted by rknair (Post 3078296)
If you reach Nagercoil by 4 AM, then it would be a breeze to cover the stretch to Trivandrum within 1.5 hours. But if it is after 6 AM, it could take upto 3 hours.

Thanks a lot rknair. I hope a 6 PM start would take me to TVM by 6 AM.
Any idea how the traffic would be during afternoons in that stretch? Would be useful for my return leg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rknair (Post 3078296)

Your post on Hyd-Tvm thread is comprehensive. I am taking a print out of that post for this trip :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsfreak (Post 3078318)
Any idea how the traffic would be during afternoons in that stretch? Would be useful for my return leg.

It will be usually crowded. Plan 2-3 hours.

The toll amount has further gone up by Rs.20 between Bangalore - Nagercoil(Kanyakumari).

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-snap1.jpg

Also, came across couple of new hotels this time.

1) While going from Bangalore, after crossing Krishnagiri-Chennai Road junction(1-2Kms ahead), on the left side there is a new hotel. IIRC it is Saravana Bhavan.

2) another 15-20kms from the above spot, you will find Aryas - again on the left side.

Drove to Trivandrum from Bangalore on Easter weekend . Started from Bangalore ( Whitefield) by 3:55AM. Took the Vartur - Attibele route , Hosur, Salem, Madurai, Thirunelveni, Nagercoil, Marthandam, Trivandrum route . Salem - thirunelveni route was a delight with wide roads and very less traffic . Could constantly maintain 130kmph , except at intersections . Traffic builds up as I near Nagercoil, and then its the same till Kerala Border . Crossing Marthandam town took over 20 Mins .

Reached Trivandrum ( Vattiyoorkkavu) by 1:30PM . Total travel time was 9:30 Hrs, with a 2 brief stops for Breakfast and Fuel .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 3086725)
Salem - thirunelveni route was a delight with wide roads and very less traffic . Could constantly maintain 130kmph , except at intersections . Traffic builds up as I near Nagercoil, and then its the same till Kerala Border . Crossing Marthandam town took over 20 Mins .

Typically south of Salem traffic thins out. I think that is mainly because the bulk of the 4-lane traffic turns towards Coimbatore. And as you said, its a delight to drive in such conditions. The only thing that I would have liked is a good bypass option from NH7 to NH45 at Madurai. Today one has to go via Thirumangalam.

Of course the NH7 bypass for Madurai is perfect.