Team-BHP - Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/26059-trivandrum-bangalore-route-queries-40.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4515084)
Parvathipuram flyover is open for traffic too:

Finally the headache of taking the alternate route on the Nagercoil - Trivandrum has come to and end. Both Marthandam flyover and Parvathipuram flyover has been opened for traffic from today.

Here is a video shared in facebook - Parvathipuram flyover,

https://www.facebook.com/Kanyakumari...6972992759880/

Awesome!
3 years of torture ended.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4515124)
Awesome!
3 years of torture ended.

Now that both the Marthandam and Parvathipuram flyovers are open to traffic, what will be the recommended route from where I deviate from NH44 to my destination Hotel Town Tower in Thiruvananthapuram.
Also I need to visit Thirupathisaram temple enroute.

[quote=arun_josie;4515084]
Finally the headache of taking the alternate route on the Nagercoil - Trivandrum has come to and end. Both Marthandam flyover and Parvathipuram flyover has been opened for traffic from today.
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. This is great news. I will be driving to Trivandrum tomorrow. Will take this route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs (Post 4515217)
Now that both the Marthandam and Parvathipuram flyovers are open to traffic, what will be the recommended route from where I deviate from NH44 to my destination Hotel Town Tower in Thiruvananthapuram.

Since you are planning to take the Rajapalayam route in return, take the regular route of Tirunelveli-Kavalkinaru-Aralvaimozhi-Vadasery(Nagercoil Town)-Parvathipuram-Marthandam route.\

Thirupathisaram will be a slight branch off to your right just a few kms before Nagercoil town. There is no direct connectivity of this road from Tirupathisaram to Nagercoil Thiruvananthapuram Highway. You have to come back to SH44 and continue your journey towards Thiruvananthapuram

Believe both of us will be in TVPM at the same time, except that I am flying down from Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs (Post 4515217)

If you are reaching Trivandrum during peak hours, then better to take the poovar route from Kaliakkavilai. This will be little peaceful but little narrow roads.

[quote=pramodpk;4515400]
Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4515084)
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. This is great news. I will be driving to Trivandrum tomorrow. Will take this route.

Keep us updated on how the traffic is :-)

Today we started sharp @3am from BG road. Things were fine till Krishnagiri (passed both attibele toll and Krishnagiri toll in quick time). After Krishnagiri, the traffic increased drastically and there was a long queue at thoppur toll. It took us 15 minutes to get past this toll. For a 3am start from Bangalore, I felt this was little abnormal. And this traffic continued till Salem and beyond that it was fast-paced.

All flyovers on the Salem bypass is open for traffic. Earlier two were open, now the 3rd one is open too.

Stopped before Madurai (at A2B) for breakfast. And
reached Nagercoil entry point by 11:15PM. Last 20Kms is not in a great shape, but very much manageable.

I am planning to travel the same route to Attingal the coming weekend on 30th Sunday. Just wondering why was there such a delay as it was a 3 am start and 11.15pm. Does this route is not doable like in 12-14 hours

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4516591)
Today we started sharp @3am from BG road. Things were fine till Krishnagiri (passed both attibele toll and Krishnagiri toll in quick time). After Krishnagiri, the traffic increased drastically and there was a long queue at thoppur toll. It took us 15 minutes to get past this toll. For a 3am start from Bangalore, I felt this was little abnormal. And this traffic continued till Salem and beyond that it was fast-paced.

All flyovers on the Salem bypass is open for traffic. Earlier two were open, now the 3rd one is open too.

Stopped before Madurai (at A2B) for breakfast. And
reached Nagercoil entry point by 11:15PM. Last 20Kms is not in a great shape, but very much manageable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolrats (Post 4517309)
I am planning to travel the same route to Attingal the coming weekend on 30th Sunday. Just wondering why was there such a delay as it was a 3 am start and 11.15pm. Does this route is not doable like in 12-14 hours

Sorry, that's a typo. I reached by 11:15 AM. It took 8 hours and 15mins with one stop for breakfast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4517445)
Sorry, that's a typo. I reached by 11:15 AM. It took 8 hours and 15mins with one stop for breakfast.

That's an incredibly fast drive! What speeds do you maintain and what's your ride ? It's an average speed of 80 kmph approximately. Even the overnight Volvos take more time than that I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbkumar (Post 4517752)
That's an incredibly fast drive! What speeds do you maintain and what's your ride ? It's an average speed of 80 kmph approximately. Even the overnight Volvos take more time than that I believe.

Not exactly. I maintain speeds around 110kmph. Starting early helps maintaining this speed without any sweat. Also, with kids sleeping, it ends up as a one-stop drive :-). And crossing Salem took just 5 minutes.

I drive a Linea.

I think you go through nagercoil are you travel to TVM. I take a detour and cross the Kerala border at Aryankavu. I have seen then the ghat section comes so was wondering if anyone takes that route at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolrats (Post 4517309)

After the recent increase in toll, the toll cost on this route has gone up to 800/-:Frustrati. Excluding NICE Road / EC flyover.

Make sure to recharge your Fastag accordingly. Yesterday, I fell short by 100/-. It allowed me to cross Krishnagiri but I had to pay cash @ Attibelle.

The 4L bypass which skips Kavalkinaru, Aralvaimozhi, Nagercoil is partially done. Currently it helps to bypass Kavalkinaru and Aralvaimozhi. After this bypass work is complete, it will be a bliss for people driving towards Trivandrum, but it may take some time.

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-img20190609wa0020.jpg

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-img20190609wa0015.jpg

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-img20190609wa0019.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4601887)
The 4L bypass which skips Kavalkinaru, Aralvaimozhi, Nagercoil is partially done.

Where does this bypass actually start from?After crossing Madurai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSIVTEC (Post 4601926)
Where does this bypass actually start from?After crossing Madurai?

Instead of getting off from the 4L at Kavalkinaru, continue straight for another 1Km. This bypass comes on the right side, you will have to take a "U" turn to enter this bypass. After 7-8Km on this bypass road there is a diversion which will connect you to the current 2L stretch. Google map has started showing this route.

The one in blue is the bypass road.