Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 19:56   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any idea about the exact location of Capsi? Is it on the way to Thirunelveli/Nagercoil?
I am looking for a good hotel for dinner on the Madurai-Nagercoil stretch (OR) just before the Madurai bypass. I have seen couple of hotels before Madurai bypass but never tried it.
More details on Capsi, thanks to NPV.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2630005

Where is it?
Here is what he had to say, to the same question which I posed to him:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2630183
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 20:55   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about the exact location of Capsi? Is it on the way to Thirunelveli/Nagercoil?
A quick check on Google Maps reveals that Capsi is a few kms before Tirunelveli. About mid-way between Kayathar and Tirunelveli. Marking on map is slightly off the road.
viggienomad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 10:22   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggienomad View Post
A quick check on Google Maps reveals that Capsi is a few kms before Tirunelveli. About mid-way between Kayathar and Tirunelveli. Marking on map is slightly off the road.
Thanks Viggienomad, google maps also shows one more capsi just after kayathar near puthukudi. Not sure whether there are two or google map is confused. Anyways now I have an idea about the location and hence it will be easy to find out

Bangalore, Karnataka, India to Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu, India - Google Maps
Old 16th February 2012, 11:46   #124
Team-BHP Support

I would go with what NPV had to comment.
That is because he was actually there !

Many times Google maps can also go wrong.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 19:53   #125
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a good hotel for dinner on the Madurai-Nagercoil stretch (OR) just before the Madurai bypass. I have seen couple of hotels before Madurai bypass but never tried it.
I have noted down the location of quite a few eateries on the stretch just after Salem - Namakkal all the way to Madurai and Tirunelveli. As Ampere has mentioned, details are available in my Travelogue.
Do let me know if you need any other information.

Quote:
Thanks Viggienomad, google maps also shows one more capsi just after kayathar near puthukudi. Not sure whether there are two or google map is confused. Anyways now I have an idea about the location and hence it will be easy to find out
Bangalore, Karnataka, India to Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu, India - Google Maps
The staff at Capsi mentioned that they have few other branches also in Thoothukudi, etc

Last edited by NPV : 16th February 2012 at 19:56.
Old 17th February 2012, 20:32   #126
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also saw a new hotel in Salem-Namakkal stretch on the left side but not sure about the name of the hotel. will lookout for this during my next trip.
I think this is Hotel Arya Bhavan. I haven't stopped here but have seen some posts on other threads that it's a decent place. Location (distance wise) of this one also is available in my travelogue (link in Ampere's earlier post in this thread).
Old 18th February 2012, 23:44   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Capsi Restaurant:
-----------------
Thanks NPV, we found it very easily.

While going from Madurai, after Kayathar you will stop at Spudhur toll, from here it takes less than 10mins to reach Capsi Restaurant which is located on the left side. They close at 10:45 PM and we reached at 10:40 PM.
We just had coffee. They have both Veg and Non-Veg food.

Karur Stopping:
---------------

We found a new restaurant this time, Hotel Arunachala. Its located very close to the NH, While going from Bangalore, after the first flyover on the Karur by-pass, you will have to take the service road(just before the second flyover), then within 100-200 meters you will hit a small junction, take left, within 100-200 meters on the right side you will find Hotel Arunachala.

It has a good parking space,
Plesant ambience, Centralized A/C,
Very Clean rest rooms,
You get both Veg and Non-Veg food,
Far far better than the hotels on the highway.
The food was very good too. We had dosas which costs around Rs.45
No play area for Kids.
They don't server Coffee/Tea.

Here is the route map,
Bangalore, Karnataka, India to Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India - Google Maps

Hotel Aryabhavan near Namakkal was closed and Hotel Aristo near Karur have closed their business.
Old 19th February 2012, 09:16   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

We found a new restaurant this time, Hotel Arunachala. Its located very close to the NH, While going from Bangalore, after the first flyover on the Karur by-pass, you will have to take the service road(just before the second flyover), then within 100-200 meters you will hit a small junction, take left, within 100-200 meters on the right side you will find Hotel Arunachala.
Nice find Arun. Are there sign boards marked for the place on the highway?
The location of this place is also economically suited. Once the Trichy highway is completed, it would serve for both the traffic.

But that needs to be seen if NH67 (Or now called NH81 as I see in Google maps)
also gets a by-pass.
Old 19th February 2012, 10:28   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The location of this place is also economically suited. Once the Trichy highway is completed, it would serve for both the traffic.

also gets a by-pass.
I didn't find any sign boards for this hotel. One of friend found this place by chance and informed me. May be during my return I will see for any sign board and exact road on which this is located.
Old 20th February 2012, 21:54   #130
BHPian

Quote:

also gets a by-pass.
Please see the below link too:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ngalore-2.html

You will see a left exit that is marked Karur/Trichy(left) and Kovai(right on the circle under the flyover). I guess Kangeyam is also marked(toward sright obviously). Also, I think there is a direction board for Hotel Residency at this junction which is supposed to be the best one in Karur. In GM, just zooom on the intersection of NH-7 and Kovai-Trichy highway(confused with old and new numbers now!) and you will see Hotel Arunachala just on the Karur exit.

Post#24 has a brief on the hotel and #26 has the exact location map. Hope that helps !

Last edited by ajithbr : 20th February 2012 at 21:59.
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 22:24   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are there sign boards marked for the place on the highway?
During my return journey yesterday, I tried to find any sign boards for this hotel on the highway but couldn't find any. But it is very easy to find. While coming from bangalore, you will have to make sure to take the service road after the first flyover on the karur by-pass and then you will reach a small circle from which you will have to take left. As soon as you take left, you will be able to see the hotel on the right side.

You can also refer to ajithbr's post. He has explained it better.

It just takes a minute or two from the point where you take the service lane to this hotel.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 22:36   #132
BHPian

Quote:
During my return journey yesterday, I tried to find any sign boards for this hotel on the highway but couldn't find any. But it is very easy to find. While coming from bangalore, you will have to make sure to take the service road after the first flyover on the karur by-pass and then you will reach a small circle from which you will have to take left. As soon as you take left, you will be able to see the hotel on the right side.

You can also refer to ajithbr's post. He has explained it better.

It just takes a minute or two from the point where you take the service lane to this hotel.
On return, you may look for an exit to Kangeyam/Coimbatore, as you drive from Dindigul side towards Salem. Of course, that exit also has a marking for Karur(but this would not be the first exit to Karur and hence not a strong reference).

Amp, for another easy way to remember on return direction, please refer post#18 on the same page. You will not miss Amaravathy river bridge on the Karur bye-pass, for sure !

Last edited by ajithbr : 20th February 2012 at 22:38.
ajithbr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:48   #133
BHPian

Recently had to travel to Tvm from NGL and found this alternate route from Kaliyakkavilai. Quite a decent drive compared to the regular NH47

Kaliakkavilai, Tamil Nadu, India to Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - Google Maps
sbkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:54   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Recently had to travel to Tvm from NGL and found this alternate route from Kaliyakkavilai. Quite a decent drive compared to the regular NH47

Kaliakkavilai, Tamil Nadu, India to Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - Google Maps
It's about 15 kms extra, but would certainly be worth it if the road conditions are decent and the traffic not too heavy. How much time did it take you from Nagercoil to Trivandrum ?
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:57   #135
BHPian

Have you ever tried the Madurai-Rajapalayam-Thenkasi -Thenmala-Trivandrum Route? Is the road condition good?

Most Viewed