Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 12:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

How much did the trip cost you in the chauffeur driven Innova? Our office team is planning one next week to Sagar or Srisailam
Old 19th July 2007, 18:42   #17
BHPian

one of my friend uses the innova so we didnt pay him per KM cost.
we filled the tank 48 litres -1600/- and I was told that the innova gives 13KMPL. and paid 200 bucks to driver .
Old 17th December 2008, 12:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad to Srisailam-20th December,08

Hi T'Bpians,

Intend on driving to Srisailam this coming Saturday.Just wanted to check,if anybody else driving on the same route ,so that we can tag along as well n do it in a group.PM me or leave a post.Intend on leaving early and get back by early evening.

PS:Mods,I am not sure which topic this is to go into so posted it in here

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th December 2008 at 12:29. Reason: Search please
Old 17th April 2009, 20:37   #19
BHPian

Can someone suggest me the best route from Hyderabad to Srisailam

Starting point Miyapur

Route 1 - From Miyapur taking ORR at Gachibowli and going through Shamshabad Internation Airport and joining Srisailam highway to continue till destination.

Route 2 - From Miyapur taking ORR at Gachibowli and joining NH7 and driving till Jadcherla and then taking left to Kalwakurti and then on to Srisailam.

Please advise me on which route is the best along with the distances, dont mind to take extra miles if the road is good.

Would be visiting Srisailam for the first time.

Would be an additional help if some one can provide with accomodation details as intending to stay overnight.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Route 2, though longer by about 25 to 30 kms, will be faster owing to the 4 lane highway till Jadcherla. However we are not sure of the road condition from there to Kalwakurti---but I guess it should be as good as the road beyond Kalwakurti.
Do go one way and return the other way, and update us please.

For accomodation, you have the govt run Gowri sadan and Ganga Sadan---please contact AP Tourism for details of booking.

Last edited by vnabhi : 17th April 2009 at 21:29.
Old 10th May 2009, 08:37   #21
BHPian

Done this trip on 24th Apr, route taken

From Miyapur taking ORR to Gachibowli and going through Shamshabad International Airport and Joining Srisailam highway and continued till Srisailam.
Drive was pretty nice, total distance was 240kms, took 5hrs to drive including 30mins of breakfast break. Started as 7:15am and reached srisailam at 12:15pm.

Will update further details in travelogues section.
Old 16th July 2009, 16:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

hi,
Can anybody comment on this route to srisailam from hyderabad. Its is from google maps and say 216 kms from masab Tank

[FONT='Times New Roman']while the APTDC site says 232 kms? plzz update if anybody has taken the above route.
[/FONT]
Old 16th July 2009, 17:16   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
hi,
Can anybody comment on this route to srisailam from hyderabad. Its is from google maps and say 216 kms from masab Tank

[FONT='Times New Roman']while the APTDC site says 232 kms? plzz update if anybody has taken the above route.[/FONT]

Srisailam is approximately 225kms from Hyderabad. Two routes :-

1. Via. Charminar/Barkas and leads straight to Srisailam highway.
1.a) Another option is via. Saidabad, Santosh Nagar

1.b) Take the route behind Shamshabad airport and that road leads straight onto Srisailam highway

2. Via. Uppal, Hastinapuram and go on the Nagarjunsagar Highway and there is a deviation from in between towards Srisailam.

Since this is your first trip to Srisailam, i recommend you take the 1.b route.

Roads are fairly good and this is quite an empty stretch and you wont find much traffic. There is a ghat section of about 40kms just before you reach Srisailam which is full of thick forest and not much of habitation. So check your tyre pressure before you leave and try to reach Srisailam before dusk.

Cheers and drive safe !
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2009, 17:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mobike, yes the route to shamshabad looks easy. I have seen the board with direction to Srisailam Highway while we went to the Airport. That will eliminate a lot of trouble. Planning to start early on sunday and back by evening. last month around 30th did nagarjuna sagar, roads were pretty good that side too. So fairly it seems to be a easy ride.
Old 16th July 2009, 18:30   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mobike, yes the route to shamshabad looks easy. I have seen the board with direction to Srisailam Highway while we went to the Airport. That will eliminate a lot of trouble. Planning to start early on sunday and back by evening. last month around 30th did nagarjuna sagar, roads were pretty good that side too. So fairly it seems to be a easy ride.
I travelled several times to both Sagar and Srisailam and both roads are equally good. However, going in morning and back by evening for Srisailam would be a bit hectic.

If you have the time, recommend you stay overnight so you can check out the dam, go for boating in those round shaped boats and other sights too apart from the temple visit.

Also, carry some peanuts which you can throw at monkeys ( loads of them) on the ghat section

EDIT : Btw, belated birthday wishes ( July 15th)

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th July 2009 at 18:32.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I travelled several times to both Sagar and Srisailam and both roads are equally good. However, going in morning and back by evening for Srisailam would be a bit hectic....

...Also, carry some peanuts which you can throw at monkeys ( loads of them) on the ghat section

EDIT : Btw, belated birthday wishes ( July 15th)

Hi mobike, ya its going to be a bit hectic , after all wife has alredy booked tickets for Harry potter on sunday night . thats gonna be a hell of a day. We though of staying over for a night but our aim is to drive . My car has only done 2100kms in 6months. And after the boat ride at nagarjuna sagar dam which continued for 1 long hour and was very boring, we have decided against the boat ride at srisailam, may be some other time. The aim is to build endurance for hyd-blr trip in August
and thanks for the birthday wish!!got into T-BHP the same day..
Old 17th July 2009, 17:31   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car has only done 2100kms in 6months.
Welcome onboard, even our i10 Kappa has done 2500kms in 9 months

I am sure you must be raring to go. Go ahead, i am sure you will easily manage the day trip to Srisailam. Do post a travelogue with pictures on your return. Btw, which car you drive?
Old 17th July 2009, 18:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Welcome onboard, even our i10 Kappa has done 2500kms in 9 months

I am sure you must be raring to go. Go ahead, i am sure you will easily manage the day trip to Srisailam. Do post a travelogue with pictures on your return. Btw, which car you drive?
I drive an Ford ikon flair.
Yes even I am hoping the trip to be easy. Did N.sagar dam trip of 160kms in 2hrs 45 minutes(includes half a hour of negotiating hyderabad traffic to get on the higway).
Mostly the car is out only on weekends(that too not every weekend).
Now I must get out of the office, wifey is waiting or else ill be dead
Old 20th December 2009, 23:13   #29
BHPian

dear teambhpians

im travelling to hyd on 4jan 2010 by air and hiring a vehicle which will pick me up at the airport from where we proceed staright to srisailam where i plan to stay at aptdc punnami resort hotel.

i plan to take darshan on 4jan see paladhara panchdhara ganpati temple and then i have two options on 5jan

1 go to hyd and plan a separate excursion to nagarjunkonda
2 go to nagarjunkonda from srisailam if so what is the route road conditions and what is the shortest route to take.

also i would require guidance on sightseeing in srisailam. ive heard that there is a tiger park where forest dept arranges excursions for 1 hour is this place on the way to srisailam from hyd?has anyone done it?also any info on the ropeway?

i plan to stay at vijayvihar complex in nagarjunkonda which rooms will give the best view? as there are 3 categories of rooms.

i wanted to know is it possible to start early from srisailam complete the nagarjunkonda circuit and head back to hyd the same day?

suggestions invited for best possible pogramme.

also would liek to know best possible stops for loo breaks and food on the route.

regards

praveen
Old 12th July 2010, 18:08   #30

hyderabad srisailam road condition

Hi,

I am planning to travel to Srisailam the next weekend. Please let me know if anybody has travelled this route lately and what is the current road condition.

I have done this route a couple of times in the past. Except the road in the last phase, the jungle, the rest of the road is good.

So, if anybody has done this in the recent past, please let me know.

Thanks,
Prasant

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th July 2010 at 20:56. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, already existing topic. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks