Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2013, 10:06   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Srisailam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
Need info on where to stay...have heard some bad stories about Haritha. Am not sure whether one can go to the temple after dark and return to the hotel after that. Besides the temple of Shiva, what are the other places to visit? Can somebody who has been there often draw out a kind of itinerary that can be followed to make best use of time?
Since you reach Srisailam in afternoon, didnt quite understand the reason for visiting the temple after dark? Anyways, Srisailam is a very small place and entire area is less than 2kms so no need to worry about being dark or during day time. however, I would recommend completing the darshan during day time only.

The other places or stuff do do :-

1. Cable Car Ride at Srisailam
2. Farhabad Forest Sanctuary ( 60kms before Srisailam)
3. Srisailam Dam
4. Malletheertham Falls ( 70kms before Srisailam)
Old 14th January 2013, 13:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

are farahabad/mallelatheertham open these days ?
Old 15th January 2013, 13:53   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
are farahabad/mallelatheertham open these days ?
Yes, ofcourse both are open.

Farahabad for the Jeep tour and Malletheertham for the waterfalls. I have been to the latter in Nov-2012
Old 15th January 2013, 21:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes, ofcourse both are open.

Farahabad for the Jeep tour and Malletheertham for the waterfalls. I have been to the latter in Nov-2012
I have been to Srisailam in the last week of Dec. Jeep tour to the Farahabad view point is no longer open as Farhabad view point falls under the core area of the Srisailam Tiger reserve. Spoke to the forest range officer at Manneguda checkpost who confirmed that this has been stopped since the SC ruling on Tourism in core areas of Tiger Reserves.

Malletheertham is anyhow open. There are 3-4 forest guards keeping a watch at the entry point & also close to the waterfalls to check if anyone is carrying booze/ alcohol etc to the falls below. I saw people consuming alcohol at the entry point itself as the guards didn't budge & allow them to carry the stuff below. Due to this the place around the water falls is lot cleaner and disturbance free from these drunk and noisy groups..
s@tan2s@int is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 12:45   #95
BHPian

I am thinking of going for the Ekantha seva at night 2130 hrs. Farahabad is closed now. Octopus point is the only place to see en route to Hyderabad. I am still looking for a place to stay at Srisailam.

Thanks.

How is the Kurnool - Srisailam road? I will be proceeding towards Hyderabad after Srisailam. I am actually starting from Raichur and have the option of coming to Srisailam via Kurnool or Mehboobnagar. Which is better? Do you recommend a good hotel at Srisailam or near Srisailam?

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th January 2013 at 12:57. Reason: Back to Back posts. Please refrain
Old 10th March 2013, 08:19   #96
BHPian

Closure of farahabad viewpoint?well any other places in reserve to go inside now?
Old 10th March 2013, 08:50   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
How is the Kurnool - Srisailam road?

Do you recommend a good hotel at Srisailam or near Srisailam?
As of August 2012:

Srisailam to Dornala - very good
Dornala - Atmakur - Initial part is not very good / is patchy. narrow roads inside the forest.
Atmkaur - Kurnool: Good roads, 2 lane, not divided. There is local traffic. 80 kmph is very do-able.

Accomodation in Srisailam: APTDC Harita is neat.
Old 11th March 2013, 18:49   #98
BHPian

Thanks. I did that stretch last month! Haritha is neat but the restaurant not really upto the mark.
Old 11th March 2013, 19:11   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed - actually, not much options for food in Srisailam or near-by.
Old 22nd March 2013, 15:59   #100
BHPian

Guys,

Planning to go to Srisailam on 29th and back on 30th. Roads as I have heard are pretty good but I need suggestions on place to stay if not Haritha Resort. Reason - Its still not confirmed, I don't want to book it right now and would like to have options in hand in case there is a need.

Thanks!
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:37   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Planning to go to Srisailam on 29th and back on 30th. Roads as I have heard are pretty good but I need suggestions on place to stay if not Haritha Resort. Reason - Its still not confirmed, I don't want to book it right now and would like to have options in hand in case there is a need.
In any case, you will not find a room in Haritha as its too late.

Since you will be staying back on Friday, best bet is to go there and find a suitable decent place which are in plenty. I mean small private hotels which is your only best bet.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In any case, you will not find a room in Haritha as its too late.

Since you will be staying back on Friday, best bet is to go there and find a suitable decent place which are in plenty. I mean small private hotels which is your only best bet.
I am still getting 2 A/C Deluxe rooms, which I need. Isn't any other good resort or hotel available which I can book before starting or would it be wise to book Haritha right now as I have them available ? Whats their cancellation policy ?

Let me try and get hold of it.

Edit :

Got it - Cancellation more than 2 days to the accomodation date - 10%
Cancellation less than 2 day but more than 1 day to the accomodation date - 20%
After that - 100%

Should probably book it unless anyone knows of any decent place there beforehand. Food Options ?

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 22nd March 2013 at 17:10.
Old 23rd March 2013, 07:06   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec

I am still getting 2 A/C Deluxe rooms, which I need. Isn't any other good resort or hotel available which I can book before starting or would it be wise to book Haritha right now as I have them available ? Whats their cancellation policy ?

Let me try and get hold of it.

Edit :

Got it - Cancellation more than 2 days to the accomodation date - 10%
Cancellation less than 2 day but more than 1 day to the accomodation date - 20%
After that - 100%

Should probably book it unless anyone knows of any decent place there beforehand. Food Options ?
Stay option Harita is the only one and food option also harita is the only one.there are a couple of other restaurants which i dont even risk glancing at.Overall facilities at srisailam are extremely poor.even harita is quite low on the cleanliness factor.we do only day drives to srisailam from hyd.we usually leave hyd by 6,reach srisailam by 1130,start back by 1 and back home by 6.We pack food from home!
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 15:29   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Stay option Harita is the only one and food option also harita is the only one.there are a couple of other restaurants which i dont even risk glancing at.Overall facilities at srisailam are extremely poor.even harita is quite low on the cleanliness factor.we do only day drives to srisailam from hyd.we usually leave hyd by 6,reach srisailam by 1130,start back by 1 and back home by 6.We pack food from home!
Thank you Ranjit, I am more than willing to do a day trip but my father has a back problem which doesn't allow him to sit for long hours hence was planning to stay.

I really do not know if it would be worth paying 4k for one night's stay as there's not much to do at srisailam I guess but don't want to make it a trouble for him.

Let's see, I will update you guys here if I make this trip.
Old 25th March 2013, 15:35   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
I really do not know if it would be worth paying 4k for one night's stay as there's not much to do at srisailam I guess but don't want to make it a trouble for him.
I once stayed overnight at Srisailam with a couple of friends.
According to them the best darshan was at 4:00 AM.

So they woke up really early had a bath and went to the temple. They came back and woke me up much later.

Judging by their happiness, I guess it was totally worth it for them.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks