Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:33   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Tembhurni->Karmala->Ahmednagar is pretty much the same. I mean the surface isn't too bad that I should complain. It is decent road where you can keep a constant 100kmph (provided you dont run into traffic) but, the truck traffic on that route is alarmingly high at all times
When I drove in December the initial hour (till about Vittal Kamat, Karmala) had huge craters and was nowhere near 100 kph worthy. It was like 60 kph for a km and playing minesweeper at 10 kph for the next 100-200 meters. I was asking about this initial sector.

After that it was a breeze, even with the truck traffic. Very little private vehicle traffic, just me and a KA-53 Logan were hammering 90-100s in the Karmala-Nagar sector, truckers were ambling around at 60-80. It was a pleasant surprise, we reached Shani Signapur a full hour earlier than planned/Google Maps estimated. All this was on Christmas Day morning
Old 12th December 2018, 11:40   #242
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I plan to drive this stretch Hyderabad to Shirdi during the Christmas vacation. Plan is to start from Manikonda, Hyd early morning on Sunday (23rd) and reach Shirdi before sunset.

What would be the best route? How are the road conditions around this region? What about possible pit stops - breakfast, lunch places (considering i would be with family).

Regards
Saurav
Old 14th December 2018, 18:01   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
I plan to drive this stretch Hyderabad to Shirdi during the Christmas vacation.
There are 3 routes and each is bad in sections:

a. Hyd-Nizamabad-Narsi-Nanded-Jalna-Aurangabad-Vaijapur-Shirdi - This am not aware of, so I'll skip this.

b. Hyd-Solapur-Tuljapur-Osmamanabad-Beed-Pathardi-Miri-Vambori-Rahuri-Shirdi

c. Hyd-Solapur-Tembhurni-Karmala-Nagar-Rahuri-Shirdi.

For b and c, you can use pdma's update on Hyd-Pune here (Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries). Route c is what's been discussed since the previous page in this thread, from me as well as mobike008.

About b, Solapur-Tuljapur is fully 4-laned. Beyond that all the way to Beed is under construction 4-lane. Beyond that it is 2-laned until Rahuri and 4-laned on Rahuri-Shirdi section.

Neither route has good facilities either, you have to plan around them. Like say breakfast at Humnabad, lunch at Solapur, tea at Vittal Kamat, Karmala etc.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 08:32   #244
BHPian

Well I would stick to Google Maps location from Hyderabad to Shirdi and I managed to finish it in 11hours which accounts to 588kms.

We prepared and took the food stuff for lunch and sounds safe option.
Nanded and sholaphur - Tembhurni are real nightmare and please avoid these routes, reason being worst roads and constantly moving heavy trucks and it eats up lot of time, fuel and patience.

I got Roger ab some time ago and I believe this product helped in cushioning some bad patches.
Rama Naveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 18:33   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
Well I would stick to Google Maps location from Hyderabad to Shirdi
Looks like you've taken the Tuljapur-Osmanabad-Beed route turning much earlier than Naldurg. Where are the bad sections beyond NH9?
Old 18th December 2018, 08:54   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Looks like you've taken the Tuljapur-Osmanabad-Beed route turning much earlier than Naldurg. Where are the bad sections beyond NH9?
I am following the route in blue. I'm skipping Beed.
This route is much better than others but you can't escape patches here and there. In fact it's random.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries-screenshot_20181218_085211.jpg  

Rama Naveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 00:06   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hi Folks,

I plan to drive this stretch Hyderabad to Shirdi during the Christmas vacation. Plan is to start from Manikonda, Hyd early morning on Sunday (23rd) and reach Shirdi before sunset.

What would be the best route? How are the road conditions around this region? What about possible pit stops - breakfast, lunch places (considering i would be with family).

Regards
Saurav

Please do update on the route as I will travelling this Friday for the new year long weekend. Any info is much appreciated as the recommended routes are varying .
Old 27th December 2018, 23:51   #248
BHPian

Hi everyone, first of all am very happy to inform you all that a couple of years ago I planned my journey to shiridi seeing this thread and today I am a member and helping others for the same.

I travelled to shiridi from hyderabad during october for dasara. The route followed by me

Lanco hills-> zaheerabad-> naldurg -> tuljapur-> yedashi-> yermala-> terkhed-> continue on the beed sholapur highway without taking diversion to bhoom for 30- 40 kms -> take diversion to bhoom opposite to sai vijay sweets-> bhoom -> jamkhed-> ahmednagar-> shiridi.

Roads from hyderabad till zaheerabad excellent.
Roads from zaheerabad till naldurg four lane work going on at some stretches.
Roads from naldurg till tuljapur can be done at decent pace but watch out for cattle and sudden speed breakers.
Roads from tuljapur till terkhed excellent

My advice not to take left diversion to bhoom at terkhed, continue ahead for another (30 kms) roughly and you will find sai vijay sweets shop (you can find that shop on google maps) take left diversion from that point.

Roads till bhoom average.
Roads from bhoom to jamkhed drive carefully.
Roads from jamkhed to ahmednagar drive carefully.
Roads from ahmednagar to shiridi can manage with decent speeds.

I travelled in duster for the trip. I did not have any outside food during journey, so can't give my opinion on that.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Dr.pavan.
drpavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 00:28   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpavan View Post
Lanco hills-> zaheerabad-> naldurg -> tuljapur-> yedashi-> yermala-> terkhed-> continue on the beed sholapur highway without taking diversion to bhoom for 30- 40 kms -> take diversion to bhoom opposite to sai vijay sweets-> bhoom -> jamkhed-> ahmednagar-> shiridi.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Dr.pavan.
Thanks Dr. Pavan for the update. I stay closeby at Narsingi. Can you also provide the details of timer taken stretch wise or atleast the total time taken for the trip. My last trip took more than 12 hours, though that was on a different route.
Old 28th December 2018, 23:53   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Thanks Dr. Pavan for the update. I stay closeby at Narsingi. Can you also provide the details of timer taken stretch wise or atleast the total time taken for the trip. My last trip took more than 12 hours, though that was on a different route.
Hi sir,
My overall trip took 10:30 hours. I prefer to divide the whole journey into 2 sections.

lancohills till naldurg 4 hours (4:00-4:15 minutes).

naldurg till shiridi 6:30 hours (6:30-6:45 minutes).

During my journeys in general the stops will be for having a cup of coffee or to attend nature calls. For lunch and dinner we have packed food brought from home.

i want to mention a point here. Before the above mentioned trip, i visited in shiridi in 2013 september. The total journey took 14 hours. I travelled in my cruze, that one decision of taking cruze to shiridi i repent even today. From then on all my long journeys are handled by duster wiping off all the imperfections and small potholes on the road.

If i be in the car, it has to be only the drivers seat.

regards
dr.pavan.
Old 31st December 2018, 08:00   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Please do update on the route as I will travelling this Friday for the new year long weekend. Any info is much appreciated as the recommended routes are varying .
Sorry Sir! I couldn't make the Hyderabad - Shirdi trip this time.
Old 25th March 2019, 12:00   #252

Hello Friends,

First of all thank you for accepting me in Team-BHP family. I am planing to visit Shirdi from Hyderabad (Manikonda to be precise) this weekend. What would be the best route to take? When I had visited last year in January, I had taken Solapur - Temburni route which was a real pain due to bad condition of road and a lot of truck traffic. Any advice on the route and pitstop would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Praveen
Old 11th May 2019, 10:45   #253
BHPian

Started for Nasik, Shirdi & Trimbakeshwar last night from Hyderabad. Here is a bit of information about the much talked stretch which is not good.

Sholapur - Thuljapur - Usmanabad - Yedashi - Yermala - Terkhed - Bhoom - Kharda - Jamkhed

Sholapur area is definately nasty. Big multiple potholes makes it difficult to move. One has to take his vmcar completely off the road. Post Sholapur we got on to NH52 which is too good. Its newly laid, well marked and reflectors are also in place.

Though we were little apprehensive but we still took a diversion at Terkhed to reach trimbakeshwar a bit sooner. This stretch is in horrible condition. The entire stretch till 5 km before Jamkhed is being laid (concrete) as of now. Half of the road is being laid and the other half is mix of loose soil and boulders. Some stretches does not have even sign of anything. We regretted travelking this road. Road afyer Jamkhed is single, patchy, uneven road with sudden speed breakers. The dhabas, hotels, and tea stalls in this stretch open a bit late. No point looking for any kind of refreshment/ breakfast before 8 AM. Upon enquiring some places we got to know that all these will open after 9 AM only.

Last edited by Anupam1024 : 11th May 2019 at 10:50.
Old 13th May 2019, 11:57   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
Started for Nasik, Shirdi & Trimbakeshwar last night from Hyderabad. Here is a bit of information about the much talked stretch which is not good.

Sholapur - Thuljapur - Usmanabad - Yedashi - Yermala - Terkhed - Bhoom - Kharda - Jamkhed

Sholapur area is definately nasty. Big multiple potholes makes it difficult to move. One has to take his vmcar completely off the road. Post Sholapur we got on to NH52 which is too good. Its newly laid, well marked and reflectors are also in place.

Though we were little apprehensive but we still took a diversion at Terkhed to reach trimbakeshwar a bit sooner. This stretch is in horrible condition. The entire stretch till 5 km before Jamkhed is being laid (concrete) as of now. Half of the road is being laid and the other half is mix of loose soil and boulders. Some stretches does not have even sign of anything. We regretted travelking this road. Road afyer Jamkhed is single, patchy, uneven road with sudden speed breakers. The dhabas, hotels, and tea stalls in this stretch open a bit late. No point looking for any kind of refreshment/ breakfast before 8 AM. Upon enquiring some places we got to know that all these will open after 9 AM only.

On our return journey from Shirdi to Hyderabad we thought of taking a longer route as we didn't want to travel on the bad stretch again. So, we decided to travel via Vaijapur by Nagpur-Aurangabad-Mumbai Highway (NH30) to reach Aurangabad and then to Beed, Thuljapur via NH52 (to reach about 50 KM before Sholapur) and take a left diversion at Thuljapur to connect to Sholapur - Hyderabad highway NH 65 at Naldurg.

The condition of NH30 from Shirdi to Aurangabad is in worst condition (till a few KMs before Aurangabad). The road is full of multiple potholes and the layers of tar has come off. The average speed which could do on this road was just about 30-40 KM/hour.

NH52 (Aurangabad-Beed-Thuljapur) is in excellent condition to travel. As mentioned in my earlier post its well laid and smooth like butter.

The the part of NH65 till we leave Maharastra border and enter Karnataka (to reach Hyderabad) is again a nightmare. It's full of multiple diversions, traffic is diverted on one side of the NH making it worse to drive especially when it's dark. In a nutshell, the part of this highway (in Maharashtra till sholapur) is largely difficult to travel as its still being laid. Wish there was a way to completely by pass this highway till its complete to reach Sholapur. I am not aware of the condition beyond Sholapur towards Pune as I have not travelled that side yet.

Thuljapur to Naldurg was ok to drive as it's a single road but free of diversions and potholes etc.

Hope it's useful for commuters.

Thanks,
AK
Anupam1024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 17:15   #255
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Any update on the road to Aurangabad from Hyderabad. A pal of mine is planning to travel to Rajasthan from Bangalore via Hyderabad, and has this route in mind.

Most Viewed