Team-BHP - Bangalore to Palghat : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Palghat : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/26567-bangalore-palghat-route-queries-3.html)

Finally decided to take NH209 route to reach Palakkad.

NICE road - kanakapura - kollegal - c'nagar - annur - Kurumbapalayam - airport - L&T road - palakkad.

Will update after I return.

Planning Bangalore - Thrissur this Monday. Self + wife, planning to leave about 5 am. Torn between the three options of classic NH7/NH47 all the way, NH7 /NH47 and deviate off at Chengapalli to try and bypass CBE, and Sathyamangalam to the L&T bypass. Only problem is I'm not familiar with the area, so 2 and 3 pose the risk of wrong turns / getting lost. Also seems like a lot of small-town transit there. Any comments.
Also, can someone educate me on the checkpost status between Karnataka and TN, and TN and Kerala on these routes. Need to carry a case of liquids for which I have some paperwork, but was wondering what the hassle quotient was.
Thanks

modthomas, Same here. I am doing thrissur - bangalore tommorow. Planning to take the classic NH47 - NH7 since I know the route by heart. I wont be having the time to explore other options tommorow. And regarding checkpost, they dont stop private cars at walayar nowadays after the election. So I think it wont be a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by modthomas (Post 2333093)
can someone educate me on the checkpost status between Karnataka and TN, and TN and Kerala on these routes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander (Post 2333482)
regarding checkpost, they dont stop private cars at walayar nowadays after the election. So I think it wont be a problem.

Absolutely correct. I drove from Bangalore to Kochi by NH 209/47 on 22 April 2011 during day time. Nobody stopped me at the inter-state check posts. In the return journey on 24 April 2011, I crossed the inter-state check posts at Kumily/Attibele in the night. Again, nobody bothered me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander (Post 2333482)
modthomas, Same here. I am doing thrissur - bangalore tommorow. Planning to take the classic NH47 - NH7 since I know the route by heart. I wont be having the time to explore other options tommorow. And regarding checkpost, they dont stop private cars at walayar nowadays after the election. So I think it wont be a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 2333520)
Absolutely correct. I drove from Bangalore to Kochi by NH 209/47 on 22 April 2011 during day time. Nobody stopped me at the inter-state check posts. In the return journey on 24 April 2011, I crossed the inter-state check posts at Kumily/Attibele in the night. Again, nobody bothered me.

@ Xander and J Ravi. Thanks for that gen.

Need urgent update. please:

I will be going to Palakkad on Thursday. I did google for the routes. Any updates on the road conditions ? Which route would you advise ?

How good or bad is the road between Sathyamangalam -->Coiambatore-->Palakkad ? Kindly let me know the road condition between Krishnagiri-->Salem-->Coiambatore-->Palakkad .

Regards
Ananth

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 3587888)
How good or bad is the road between Sathyamangalam -->Coiambatore-->Palakkad ? Kindly let me know the road condition between Krishnagiri-->Salem-->Coiambatore-->Palakkad .

Regards
Ananth

Its all here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...erala-524.html

For shortest time of commute:

- Leave Bangalore early. Take the 4-lane.
- Bangalore-Hosur-Salem-Avinashi-Mangalam-Palladam-Pollachi-Palakkad

CBE-Walayar-Palakkad is quite rough. See the thread mentioned above.

Have to visit Palakkad tomorrow.

Plan to start by 5:00 am from bangalore.

Driving alone.

Which is the best route option with shortest commute time as I have to be in Palakkad max by 2:30 PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 4149196)
Have to visit Palakkad tomorrow.

Plan to start by 5:00 am from bangalore.

Driving alone.

Which is the best route option with shortest commute time as I have to be in Palakkad max by 2:30 PM.

Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Salem - Coimbatore - L&T bypass - Palakkad.

I don't suppose there's an alternate route that takes you faster. I use this route while coming from Chennai every fortnight. You'll reach Palakkad well before 2:30 PM with a 5 AM start.

The only bottleneck in this entire route is the L&T bypass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 4149196)

My post above yours, even through 3 years old, is still valid.

Look at the Kerala thread for the updates.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...erala-690.html.

As Gannu mentioned, 4-lane option of NH7-NH47 still is the fastest. Start early to beat the traffic. Salem and L&T bypass are the bottle necks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 4149203)
Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Salem - Coimbatore - L&T bypass - Palakkad.

I don't suppose there's an alternate route that takes you faster. I use this route while coming from Chennai every fortnight. You'll reach Palakkad well before 2:30 PM with a 5 AM start.

The only bottleneck in this entire route is the L&T bypass.

Is this still the fastest route, or has anything changed in 3 years? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 5019662)
Is this still the fastest route, or has anything changed in 3 years? :)

I would say Yes.

I just did this route today morning. Was driving from Chavakkad, Thrissur to KR Puram, Bangalore. Since I left from my home by 4, I crossed Palakkad around 6AM and reached my brothers place at KR puram by 1:15 PM. This included two breaks (30 and 10 mins). And speed never exceeding 95 KMPH.

Apart from a few KM stretch after Salem, traffic was sparse too. May be I got lucky.

Drive Safe,
R-Six

Need to travel to Palakkad in a few days. Starting from near Whitefield - Hoskote road between 6am and 7am.

What would be the easiest and fast route to reach the highway towards Hosur > Krishnagiri?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykk (Post 5424741)
Need to travel to Palakkad in a few days. Starting from near Whitefield - Hoskote road between 6am and 7am.

What would be the easiest and fast route to reach the highway towards Hosur > Krishnagiri?

Best route to take in morning :
Whitefield - Varthur- Sarjapura Police station -Attibele

Roads are pretty OK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykk (Post 5424741)

While the Varthur-Sarjapura route is the one to take, if traveling on a weekday, try to cross Varthur-Dommasandra by 7am, otherwise you may get stuck in the school bus traffic which will start by 7am and can clog varthur road.

From Sarjapur you can also take the Bagalur-Hosur route, this will help bypass Attibelle toll and most of Hosur also.