Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2008, 15:26   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
There is one more bad stretch. Whicle coming in NICE road from E.City the connecting road to B'ghatta road apart from Bannerghatta road to Nice road which connects to Mysore road.

Guys, I want some one who can translate to English..
Old 29th January 2008, 15:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Guys, I want some one who can translate to English..
Point taken, Tiger. Was in a hurry.
Old 11th February 2008, 17:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Today I travelled in NICE road between Mysore road and Hosur road to attend couple of functions.

Bannergatta road approach is still pain but with slow and carefull driving one can do it, I saw all sorts of vehicles travelling and traffic is increased as compared to I traveled in same stretch couple of times last year.

I found 2 routes reaching bannergatta road from hosur side NICE road.

1. worst route : While travelling from kanakapura road side took left turn to bannergatta and then travel around 300 mtrs and take right turn to travel in 1 km very bad stretch but still its doable.

2. Better connecting road: while coming from hosur road in nice road 100feet before road ends take right then immediate left to go under bridge of nice road which connects to newly laid small narrow road which goes via small village and connects bannergatta road with not much (1km extra max.) distance. This might be scary road during dark time since its narrow and village. But over all road is very good compared with other road which we take via lake one side and residential layout other side.

Over all MYTAS Infra (divison of Satyam) have developed this NICE road, I wish very soon it will be completed fully.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 11th February 2008 at 17:37.
Old 11th February 2008, 17:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
1. worst route : While travelling from kanakapura road side took left turn to bannergatta and then travel around 300 mtrs and take right turn to travel in 1 km very bad stretch but still its doable.
Exactly Ravi.Even I travel in this route twice a week in my Ikon. This is doable. Only things is you should allow the vehicle to roll over instead of pushing it too hard.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:41   #35
BHPian

@ravibhat
When going from Bannerghata Road to Electronic City, how can I get to this village. I have only gone via the lake/residential layout route, and am not happy with that route.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Jorge,

When you enter Bannergatta road from kanakapura side NICE road take right to proceed towards bannergatta national park and within 150 meters take left which is newly laid road. this road goes left - right - right - left lot of curves slightly narrow within village limit but just 500 meters travel you will find water Tank ride side and take left to mud road which is in quiet ok conditions without major potholes will connect to NICE expressway. Its worth taking this road because there is no horrible road condition like what we see in lake-residential layout road other side.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th February 2008, 13:03   #37
BHPian

Ravi,

Can you tell us from Bannerghatta road side, where we need to take left....Where exactly on Bannerghatta road? Now i am taking the tank road, one side lake & otherside residential. Do i need to travel further & take a left turn?

regards
Deepak
Old 14th February 2008, 14:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

kdeepakk,

Think you have taken NICE road to reach Bannergatta road starting from Kanakapura road. When NICE road ends you travel 300 meters in bad road and reach Bannergatta road. Take right turn travel 150 meters to find newly laid road left side hence take left turn into that newly laid road which go via village. then you take left turn when you find water tank right side. Travel 300 meters in that road after taking left turn to find NICE road which connects to Hosur road.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 15th February 2008, 00:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

One more query, is this road safe during nights?
Old 15th February 2008, 00:27   #40
BHPian

Hi,

The nice road in unofficially opened almost !!1
Old 15th February 2008, 01:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper316 View Post
Hi,

The nice road in unofficially opened almost !!1
What part of nice road are we talking about here?
Old 15th February 2008, 08:02   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
One more query, is this road safe during nights?

If, by safety you mean personal safety, yes - its much safer than a public road .There are wardens and patrols 24/7 on NICE.
Old 15th February 2008, 23:37   #43
BHPian

NICE Road

Hi I have travelled few times to go to Mysore and saw the board that says it connects to Tumkur but if you are going from South Bangalore then only take this route and on SH17, before Ramnagaram take a right turn, else from Banagalore take NH4 and go direct to Tumkur.
Old 17th February 2008, 10:14   #44
BHPian

Forgive my knowledge of the area, but is this road an option for anyone trying to reach the new BIAL airport from Mysore? I was told the only way is to get to Kengeri then pass through various Bangalore roads, Peenya Industrial area etc., and get to NH7 and then the airport.

I was hoping there is someway to branch off earlier than that and avoid Bangalore altogether.

Has anyone tried roads like Maddur-Kunigal-Nelmangala-Doddabalapur-Devanahalli that look good on map? Or it makes less sense than crawling through Bangalore traffic?
Old 18th February 2008, 11:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Forgive my knowledge of the area, but is this road an option for anyone trying to reach the new BIAL airport from Mysore? I was told the only way is to get to Kengeri then pass through various Bangalore roads, Peenya Industrial area etc., and get to NH7 and then the airport.

I was hoping there is someway to branch off earlier than that and avoid Bangalore altogether.

Has anyone tried roads like Maddur-Kunigal-Nelmangala-Doddabalapur-Devanahalli that look good on map? Or it makes less sense than crawling through Bangalore traffic?
Well the best road to reach BIAL from mysore is via
(ORR )Kengeri - University campus - Magadi road junction- Gorguntepalya - Air force officers MESS - Hebbal - Yelhanka - devanahally.

Other route , though less traffic, but pretty much longer route.
Kengeri - NICE ROAD - Nelmangala(5 kms from here) - u turn - Gorguntepalya - Air force officers MESS - Hebbal - Yelhanka - devanahally.

I would prefer the first route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks