Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 11:29   #481
Senior - BHPian

So is BG road to Tumkur going to cost 85 INR ?? It was 66 earlier.
Old 27th April 2010, 12:02   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
So is BG road to Tumkur going to cost 85 INR ?? It was 66 earlier.
83 INR, Just coming in to EC now taking the NICE from Tumkur Road to BG Road. Very expensive now.
Old 27th April 2010, 14:17   #483
Senior - BHPian

At this rate, We can expect another 30% increase if they construct / the Gottigere stretch.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:22   #484
BHPian

OT: 14km for Rs 39/- seems high, then what about Hosur Road flyover, which is 7.4 km towards Silk Board, if you are comming from Hosur Side, charges 30/- one way
Old 27th April 2010, 16:27   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
OT: 14km for Rs 39/- seems high, then what about Hosur Road flyover, which is 7.4 km towards Silk Board, if you are comming from Hosur Side, charges 30/- one way
Hmm, may be it is because you can "fly" on the elevated road! NICE road rates seem to be similar to the running cost of a diesel car at about Rs 2.5 per km. Effectively, if you drive a small diesel car in NICE road, you end up "enjoying" the cost of driving a premium petrol car!

Last edited by vasoo : 27th April 2010 at 16:29.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:40   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
From yesterday, that what I heard, when i questioned, why are they charging more?
i paid 4 rs more from kanakapura road to mysore road. upon confirming he said it has been increased. Matter of fact this started from sunday. dunno from what time though.

These tolls are going high.

silk board to EC flyover charges 30 rs one way and 45 rs two way for cars. i feel for hec of it why build roads.

Dont know till when we need to pay such high tolls.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:09   #487
BHPian

I always had this feeling in my mind that the NICE road tolls are absolutely robbery. It looks like they did us a great favor by building expressways which actually is not a big deal these days as compared to other expressways in India. The placement of the sign boards are another thing that needs to be re-visited.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:21   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I always had this feeling in my mind that the NICE road tolls are absolutely robbery. It looks like they did us a great favor by building expressways which actually is not a big deal these days as compared to other expressways in India. The placement of the sign boards are another thing that needs to be re-visited.
+1 & then talk about the quality of the surface of NICE today,Well, it isn't that great. Now that Trucks are forced to enter NICE from Tumkur road side, their constant movement has ensured that the road surface has sunk in and at places it becomes a task to change lanes with ease without being bumped up and down.

Again, It is an almost ORR story with trucks on the fast moving lane trying to overtake at single digit speeds blocking many behind them. Thanks to the terrain of the NICE road, there are longer descents/ascents which makes the overtaking attempts futile and super long for the trucks. As a result we see cars risking themselves and zipping past through the shoulders on either sides!! Not that am blaming the terrain but how about creating awareness to the drivers (We anyways see boards in "English" mentioning trucks to remain in the slow lane).

The so called Patrol is seen taking regular naps at either the toll booths or near the NICE building.

I can understand the barricades to avoid people/cattle being run over at one place (close to NICE building where an overbridge is still under construction) but sticking those reflective vinyl stickers all over them in all possibles shapes and sizes just to alert drivers at night is the stupidest idea. If at all they used brains to paste them as stripes along the borders of the barricades. All the 6/8 of these paired barricades almost look dazzling making it difficult to realise where is the gap to proceed!!

The longer queues now (especially BG toll) ensure constant verbal altercation between drivers who often induldge in lane cutting/queue jumping and during one instance due to rush I was asked by the attendant to pay up at the exit all because he was unable to manage the rush. Well dude, so what?? And the rush wasn't that bad like the NH's.

I guess it is the same consortium (NICE) who's built the Hubli Dharwad Bypass which is much better even with such a high volume of traffic (mostly mine trucks wanting to deviate towards Karwar and et al + Pune, Mumbai) .

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th April 2010 at 18:34.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:09   #489
BHPian

Hi,
Btw any idea about bangalore mysore NICE toll road completion time.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:12   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
+1 !!! NICE road is not that great to warrant such a toll. A distance of 41 kms costs 83 Rs, @ 2Rs/km. The usual NHAI toll for all GQ road is 0.6Rs/km and the roads are awesome. Much better reflectors, dividers, lane markers and any one who drove in Bangalore chennai or Bangalore pune in the night will vouch for the quality of these roads.

NICE toll is daylight robbery and I dont know what we can do about. The toll is exorbitant and cannot be justified at all.

Nainar
Old 31st May 2010, 16:22   #491
Senior - BHPian

I agree as well about NICE road quality which is built by MAYTAS. Quality is not good at all and they don't have much interest in marking the roads and laying final layer/coat to make the road smooth.

I feel there is hardly any chance of building road between Bangalore-Mysore. Real estate is set for another fall very soon!!

Ravi.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:29   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijuko View Post
Hi,
Btw any idea about bangalore mysore NICE toll road completion time.
Is this a joke? (just kidding). Well, I dont think they have even started doing it.

Regarding the quality and smoothness, the 4 lane Bengaluru-Mysore road is much better. Its been also holding up quite nicely for all these years.

Last edited by srishiva : 31st May 2010 at 16:30.
Old 31st May 2010, 17:44   #493
BHPian

+1 to that! After traveling few times bettwen BG to Mysore exit on both ways, I feel NICE is a big daylight robbery! I used to blame Mr.Gowda for all his antics on NICE, but now I think I should support Gowda, if this is what NICE is planing to give us in the name of good road! Bangalore Mysore road is much better than NICE! The problem i see on NICE are as below -
1) Toll charges are too high (for the quality of road/service)
2) Road is not surfaced properly and not designed for high speed
3) Even after paying hefty toll, you have to drive behind slow moving trucks. This is a special road, can't the patrol guys make this truckers to move on slow lane? Do it for a few days, you will set this trend
4) No rest areas. And they call it world class (which world?)
5) Poor/no markings
6) No responses for any complaints
Old 7th June 2010, 17:57   #494
BHPian

NICE road was closed today in the evening, any idea why and will it be opened tomorrow?
Old 7th June 2010, 19:06   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
At this rate, We can expect another 30% increase if they construct / the Gottigere stretch.
If you mean the right turn from Gotigere to touch NICE then that is done quite sometime back. That land was disputed and it is done uo almost an year back. Its great to change from motor cross roads to black top tar.

Most Viewed