Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2008, 08:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Nice - Go Ahead

NICE projects get nod
Bangalore: Some NICE news here. The Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) can now go ahead with the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project. The government, in its latest order, has allowed for the completion of the peripheral and link roads, that were stalled by the Kumaraswamy government. |
PAGE-1
----------
PAGE-3

BMIC gets the go-ahead

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: After four long years of legal battle with the state government, Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) is seeing light at the end of the tunnel.
The government, in its latest order, has permitted NICE to go ahead with the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project. With this, the government has paved the way for completion of the peripheral and link roads, which were stalled by the H D Kumaraswamy government. Besides, an empowered committee headed by chief secretary Sudhakar Rao has been asked to take all necessary steps for early completion of NICE’s projects, including the expressway connecting Bangalore and Mysore.
Having considered all the legal aspects, the executive committee of the public works department has issued an order for the project’s completion. The Frame Work Agreement (FWA) between NICE and the state government to execute the BMIC project was signed on April 3, 1997.
The JD(S) partnered Congress and BJP coalition governments put in every possible effort to stop the project, but the Supreme Court came in the way of the Kumarasway government’s plan. The government was rapped on five occasions by the high court and the SC in the past three years.
The latest was just a month ago, when the SC issued a contempt notice to the government asking it to reply on the contempt petition filed by NICE, promoters of BMIC. The court issued notices asking the government to respond as to why the SC order on BMIC is not implemented.
Interestingly, the government has modified Kumaraswamy’s cabinet decisions taken in August 2007. The important decisions taken then were: no sale deeds to be executed in favour of NICE and inviting global tenders to take up the BMIC project through Swiss Challenge method suggested by Global Infrastructure Consortium. However, the SC struck down the government’s idea of the Swiss Challenge method.
Before passing an order, the PWD’s executive committee has taken note of the core contention of NICE, which had maintained the same in the contempt petition before the SC. It said the government was doing everything at its command to frustrate and defeat the various writs of mandamus issued by the courts, with a view to kill the project, contrary to the direction of the courts.
“We have completed 39.5 km of the total length of 41 km of peripheral road; 7.1 km of the 9.1 km of link road and only 4.5 km of expressway. The remaining portions of the roads and the interchanges are incomplete owing to non-availability of lands,’’ a NICE representative maintained.
The company also asked the SC to appoint an independent agency like Lok Ayukta to oversee and supervise execution of the project. The SC in April 2006 gave its nod to NICE to go ahead with the project.
toiblr.reporter@timesgroup.com

----------------
Source - Times Of India, 7-May-08, B'lore, Came along with news about Devanahalli airport. -

Last edited by svsantosh : 7th May 2008 at 08:29.
Old 7th May 2008, 08:39   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

see the pics I posted on my scorpio review 1200 km report
the entry from the Main Mysore road near Kengeri is cool. (I live near Koramangala so it works for me.)

A few km up the new super road though, there is a 10 min patch of chaos.
Then again the road is fantastic.
Till you reach the point where the road is supposed to give you access to E City by turning right and Banerghatta rd by turning left - that patch is also very bad - theres no real road there.
It will take another 6 months atleast to complete properly according to my understanding.
But the access from Mysore rd into BLR city is good because you avoid most of the traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Any update on the connectivity between Bannerghatta road and NICE road towards E.City?
Old 7th May 2008, 08:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Finally, Lord, finally!

Why does things benefiting the common man always get delayed???
Old 7th May 2008, 09:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

I would say wait until things get implemented and layered as they always tend to take a backseat even when things need to progress because of some hiccups.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

He has to complete the some portion of work near Bannerghatta road before the new govt sets in. Otherwise, Gowda will again raise hue and cry on this and will do all the things to stall this project. He was informing that he will do everyting on earth to stall the project in the local tv channel.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:39   #66
BANNED

What will be the likely toll to use this road?
1. From Hosur Road to Mysore Road?
2. From Bannerghatta to Mysore Road?
3. From Kanakapura to Mysore Road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It will take another 6 months atleast to complete properly according to my understanding.
But the access from Mysore rd into BLR city is good because you avoid most of the traffic.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

lol I tried to look for the NICE road(from the bannergatta road) one day to experience it and just couldnt find it. I guess i missed some turn somewhere but have heard rave reviews from my friends. I hope the roads it links too have also been broadened otherwise after this road ends there will be traffic bottlenecks.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:20   #68
BANNED

toll booths not yet operational
cant speak kannada properly so couldnt ask the various people hanging around near the toll booths also
My guess is that if one is getting onto the road from E City/Hosur Road Flyover and Exiting at Kengeri/Mysore Road, it will cost atleast 75-100 Rs.
(Guessing only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
What will be the likely toll to use this road?
1. From Hosur Road to Mysore Road?
2. From Bannerghatta to Mysore Road?
3. From Kanakapura to Mysore Road?
Old 7th May 2008, 15:24   #69
BANNED

you ll have to go way past IIM B (keeping IIM on your left), pass the National Park Turnoff etc and then you will see some traffic emerging suddenly from the right side of the road (trucks etc mostly), enter there and you will be entering a jungle type area with a broken, rutted road (see my pics on the scorpio 1200 km report) - then suddenly in front of you you will see the place where the road currently begins from and then its great as described.
However, dont try it with a small car - not worth it. Bike or Jeep/Suv no problem OR Lorry if you have access to one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
lol I tried to look for the NICE road(from the bannergatta road) one day to experience it and just couldnt find it. I guess i missed some turn somewhere but have heard rave reviews from my friends. I hope the roads it links too have also been broadened otherwise after this road ends there will be traffic bottlenecks.
Old 7th May 2008, 18:06   #70
BHPian

Guys,

Would you know where I can locate a map of NICE road with all the turn offs named and highlighted?

Thanks in advance
Old 7th May 2008, 19:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend i just cruised on the NICE Road and it seemed that work is not in progress @least the stretch that should connect from the Hosur Road to the kanakapura Road.
Old 9th May 2008, 10:07   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
NICE projects get nod
Bangalore: Some NICE news here. The Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) can now go ahead with the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project. The government, in its latest order, has allowed for the completion of the peripheral and link roads, that were stalled by the Kumaraswamy government. |
PAGE-1
----------
PAGE-3
Oops! one step backward. Election Commission says wait till May end.

MANGALORE: The Election Commission on Thursday directed the Karnataka government to cancel its decision in favour of Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises Ltd. as the implementing agency of the controversial Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project.
The decision taken by the Executive Committee headed by Governor Rameshwar Thakur, at its meeting on April 25, has been put on hold till May 28.
Old 9th May 2008, 10:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

where is India heading to? !!!!

CLEARANCE VIOLATED POLL CODE

Revoke go-ahead to NICE, says EC

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Mangalore/Bangalore: It seems it will be some time before you can vroom away on the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC). The Election Commission has asked the state government to cancel its decision to allow Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE) to go ahead with BMIC.
The EC’s decision comes in the wake of a complaint that the state government had violated the election code of conduct.
“This is a major policy decision and the EC considers the government’s act as a violation of the code of conduct. The state has been asked to cancel that particular decision and not take any further decision till May 28,’’ CEC N Gopalaswami told reporters in Mangalore on Thursday.
The governor’s executive committee two days ago had overturned the August 2007 decision of the JD(S)-BJP coalition government to leave NICE out of the BMIC project and invite fresh bids in a global tender.
The government will follow CEC’s directions on the BMIC project, governor Rameshwar Thakur’s adviser S Krishna Kumar told TOI.
“The governor’s executive committee had taken a decision to allow NICE to continue with the BMIC project on April 25. The matter will be brought up before the EC again and all the directions given by the CEC will be followed, he said.’’
Old 9th May 2008, 10:43   #74
BANNED

as far as i know there isnt any yet as the road is not completed or fully operational yet
hang on a bit, till the govt gets formed, then we may see some action

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Guys,

Would you know where I can locate a map of NICE road with all the turn offs named and highlighted?

Thanks in advance
Old 9th May 2008, 11:36   #75
BHPian

Need recent update on BMIC road.

I have an Hyundai Accent (low ground clearance )and have planned to go to Tumkur Road in next week.

I am a bit concerned about the entrance from Bannerghatta Road to BMIC road, has anybody travelled recently from Bannerghatta Road to Tumkur Road. As a precaution I was thinking of entering it from Kanakapura road. Any advise would be great, request inputs from whoever has traveled recently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks